Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:19 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
I'm pretty sure WE didn't kick THESE native americans out of anywhere.
You're probably one of those nuts who think blacks deserve to be paid for slavery too.
Black people dont need to be paid for slavery. We just need the callous mentality that inspires remarks like yours to go very far away. Slavery is actually over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 06:50 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I recall reading about a country in the 30's and 40's who use to confiscate peoples homes and property and always had a reason for it and the people just sat back and let it happen. Things did not turn out good for that country in the end. Just something to think about.
and they rounded them up, and put them in camps because they were not true patriots, but working against the country, the camps had armed guards, and cramped conditions, Their Leader was Elected in 1932, and rose to power in 1933, his Name was FDR, and the Country was America.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:07 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
I am truly appalled at how you whites can lie to each other and claim it is the truth. This whole thread is a justification for the brutal treatment of the former occupants of this continent by foreign invaders and the extermination of a race.
Just reading this thread shows me that we have not advanced one step towards true brotherhood and relations between the white man and the redman. 300 years ago you lied to us with a smile on your face. Now you still lie to us and the smile is gone. You rewrite history and make the fault all ours.

You know who you are and you honestly and sincerely disgust me with your two faced justifications. For many Native Americans, Seething just below the surface is a burning hatred for all you and your kind for your distortions and downright falsehoods. Time and time again, you demonstrate that the white race was born with forked tongues. 200 years ago I would have spread you over a small fire and made you eat your own.................well......never mind.

Harrier is right. We never fought over land. Ownership of land was a concept alien to the red man. When we fought (before the white man) very few died in our wars until the white man came and showed us how to slaughter our neighbors for the benefit of the white man.
Harrier is wrong about the term "Redskin". Calling me a Redskin is the same as calling a black person a Ni%%er.
Shove it Harrier and shove it deep.
We deserve the same respect as "White Man" or "Black Man". As a race we are "The "Red man"
I want to state once again my deep disgust and disappointment with the posters of C-D who have vilified and marginalized the red man in this thread.

I will cut and paste this thread and forward it to distribute to the rest of my tribe at the next Mohawk Pow Wow just so none forget how the whites really feel about us and how they marginalize the deeds of their ancestors.
If you just acknowledged your nasty, inhumane deeds perpetrated in the name of manifest destiny, then we could forgive you and move on but you willingly demonstrate that you have no remorse nor reflection and in fact are in the process of replacing history with another white man's lie.

As I said, you disgust me. I need a break from here. You people are truly evil.
At the very least you should all be very ashamed of yourselves.

Last edited by mohawkx; 01-10-2014 at 07:19 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 07:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Harrier is right. We never fought over land. Ownership of land was a concept alien to the red man. When we fought (before the white man) very few died in our wars until the white man came and showed us how to slaughter our neighbors for the benefit of the white man.
Harrier is wrong about the term "Redskin". Calling me a Redskin is the same as calling a black person a Ni%%er.
We deserve the same respect as "White Man" or "Black Man". As a race we are "The "Red man"
I want to state once again my deep disgust and disappointment with the posters of C-D who have vilified and marginalized the red man in this thread.
That works for Harrier, though he prefers to refer to the people by their nation/tribe name(Mohawk, Sioux, Navajo, Shoshone, Muckleshoot, Tlingit, etc...)

Harrier apologizes.

Note - this does not mean that Harrier thinks that the Washington Redskins should change their name.

On the other hand, what if they became the Red Men and were owned by the Red Man tobacco company?

Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Indians may not be the first settlers.

Pre-clovis tools discovered in America, pre-dating arrival of Indians from Siberia. Turns out we don’t know who these people are, only who they aren’t.

I wonder if this means that the the current “native” Americans are in fact members of a genocidal death cult that killed off the pre-existing peaceful culture?
Yes, IMO, that is EXACTLY what it means!
One could ask what happened to the Anasazi, or the builders of the Medicine Wheel (also in Wyoming). One could ask, but the current crop of "Native Americans" will not answer. Either they just don't know, or they are ashamed of what their ancestors did.
To give them the benefit of the doubt, I don't think they know; their oral histories probably don't go back that far.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:20 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
At least reimburse the owners... How about we kick Obama out of his residence?
Wait a minute, who bought the land in the 1900s from the Indians? Did they get fair market value, didn't they get deeds from said Indians? No, hmmmmm.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:44 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I am truly appalled at how you whites can lie to each other and claim it is the truth. This whole thread is a justification for the brutal treatment of the former occupants of this continent by foreign invaders and the extermination of a race.
Just reading this thread shows me that we have not advanced one step towards true brotherhood and relations between the white man and the redman. 300 years ago you lied to us with a smile on your face. Now you still lie to us and the smile is gone. You rewrite history and make the fault all ours.

You know who you are and you honestly and sincerely disgust me with your two faced justifications. For many Native Americans, Seething just below the surface is a burning hatred for all you and your kind for your distortions and downright falsehoods. Time and time again, you demonstrate that the white race was born with forked tongues. 200 years ago I would have spread you over a small fire and made you eat your own.................well......never mind.

I will cut and paste this thread and forward it to distribute to the rest of my tribe at the next Mohawk Pow Wow just so none forget how the whites really feel about us and how they marginalize the deeds of their ancestors.
If you just acknowledged your nasty, inhumane deeds perpetrated in the name of manifest destiny, then we could forgive you and move on but you willingly demonstrate that you have no remorse nor reflection and in fact are in the process of replacing history with another white man's lie.

As I said, you disgust me. I need a break from here. You people are truly evil.
At the very least you should all be very ashamed of yourselves.
YOU are ignorant, it was the Anglo-Saxons, not the white man
Did the Spanish kill the natives? No they intermixed
Did the French? No, they traded
Did the Russians? Nope
Italians? No
Irish? No
Germans? Nope
Also it did not help that they largely chose the Wrong side in every major conflict post-1750,French in 7years war, British in American Revolution, and Confederacy in the civil war.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
YOU are ignorant, it was the Anglo-Saxons, not the white man
Did the Spanish kill the natives? No they intermixed
Did the French? No, they traded
Did the Russians? Nope
Italians? No
Irish? No
Germans? Nope
Also it did not help that they largely chose the Wrong side in every major conflict post-1750,French in 7years war, British in American Revolution, and Confederacy in the civil war.
No, mohawkx is not ignorant. There's a lot of truth there.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:22 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
It's simply ridiculous to resent and hold accountable we whites today for the past. We aren't our ancestors and they aren't us. We played no role in what they did or didn't do. All this living in the past does is to create division and hatred among Americans today.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
You know this probably goes without saying, but it's not like we kicked these native Americans off their lands with no compensation or something
Uh; MOST American Indian tribes did NOT "own" the land, they were nomads AND many times they had some pretty bad battles when 2 tribes crossed paths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies