Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:20 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times

Advertisements

Just as I thought when BITCOIN went belly up and hundreds of millions in digital money vanished over night, people was going to start getting popped off. You got high level financial people that have been committing suicide, 4 in last month.

BITCOIN was the digital currency of choice for people that made their money under the table. Drug dealers, cartel leaders, basically your high level criminal banking system with a mix of honest investors. Now those funds have vanished and people are dropping all over the world that was tied into running this new industry.

Head of Online Currency Exchange Found Dead in Singapore
Autumn Radtke, the CEO of an upstart online currency exchange, died last week under mysterious circumstances at her home in Singapore.

Radtke, the U.S.-born head of First Meta, was found dead by local police Feb. 28, with the cause of death yet to be determined. In a statement on its website, First Meta said the company "was shocked and saddened by the tragic loss of our friend and CEO Autumn Radtke."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 09:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
I thought it was too good to be true.
It got too good so TPTB had to end it.

Add the recent banker suicides and you know something was going on that we weren't aware of.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:23 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
This was in interesting Bitcoin-related read....

FBI Arrests 29 Year Old Mastermind Of Billion Dollar Internet Drug Blackmarket

Old 03-09-2014, 10:46 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
There were people hyping all of those crypto currencies up on all the forums I was on. I thought about getting in on bitcoins when it was around $300 and kinda hated I didn't when it shot up to $1000 but at the same time, the biggest part everyone seems to love about those things, non regulation, is going to be it's downfall. At least with the bank, if you have anything in there up to 100K if something happens you get your money back. With bitcoins, if you get heisted there's nothing you can do. There are people on that mtgx site that lost millions when the site got "hacked", same with another one of them last week. I think all that's going on is the people that run those exchanges are stealing the coins, shutting down shop and bouncing because they know the feds aren't going to do a damn thing about it. It's too much of a gamble for me at this point. And if you store them on your pc, if you get hacked and someone takes them, then that's pretty much that...you just lost whatever you had and being that there's no way to track them, there's nothing you can do but take the L.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:10 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
This is a dup of another thread, but here is information on this and the other death in the banker thread.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-commit-5.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Appears, to be spilling over into the alternative currency world now.
BREAKING: CRYPTO-CURRENCY DEATHS — 2 More Mysterious Deaths ...
quote:
Two more members of the international financial world have recently met their untimely and very young deaths. Both 28-year old CEO of Bitcoin Exchange First Meta Autumn Radke and the coder behind both Namecoin and Huntercoin, Mikhail Sindeyev, have recently passed away due to what are being called a ‘possible suicide’ and a stroke for the 27-year old Sindeyev.

Two More Mysterious Deaths In The Financial World - YouTube

Old 03-09-2014, 01:12 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,298 times
Stakes are high

Old 03-09-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
There were people hyping all of those crypto currencies up on all the forums I was on. I thought about getting in on bitcoins when it was around $300 and kinda hated I didn't when it shot up to $1000 but at the same time, the biggest part everyone seems to love about those things, non regulation, is going to be it's downfall. At least with the bank, if you have anything in there up to 100K if something happens you get your money back. With bitcoins, if you get heisted there's nothing you can do. There are people on that mtgx site that lost millions when the site got "hacked", same with another one of them last week. I think all that's going on is the people that run those exchanges are stealing the coins, shutting down shop and bouncing because they know the feds aren't going to do a damn thing about it. It's too much of a gamble for me at this point. And if you store them on your pc, if you get hacked and someone takes them, then that's pretty much that...you just lost whatever you had and being that there's no way to track them, there's nothing you can do but take the L.
Online is different than offline for security. There are precautions that can be taken. Theft is a reality of any representative currency. However, JPM apparently has a patent of their own currency system, so one may see more of them.

You might want to check the post I made in the same banker thread on the alleged creator of BC. Why assume insider theft with no evidence? Why dismiss the cyber attacks? Have you not been following the news? The FEDS have done plenty. To characterize BC the way you have is very biased and appears lacking in proper information.

Originally Posted by CDusr
Yes, this story about the "real creator" is very interesting in timing and in information.
The Face Behind Bitcoin | PicturesDotNews
quote:
the trail followed by Newsweek led to a 64-year-old Japanese-American man whose name really is Satoshi Nakamoto. He is someone with a penchant for collecting model trains and a career shrouded in secrecy, having done classified work for major corporations and the U.S. military.
The currency has attracted the attention of the U.S. Senate, the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Reserve, the Internal Revenue Service, the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which in October shuttered the online black market Silk Road and seized its $3.5 million cache of Bitcoin. “The FBI is now one of the largest holders of Bitcoin in the world,” Andresen says.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:22 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post

The currency has attracted the attention of the U.S. Senate, the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Reserve, the Internal Revenue Service, the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which in October shuttered the online black market Silk Road and seized its $3.5 million cache of Bitcoin. “The FBI is now one of the largest holders of Bitcoin in the world,” Andresen says.[/i]
That's a pretty elite party. Guest list only, I assume.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
That's a pretty elite party. Guest list only, I assume.
Yeah, the JPM patent was timely also.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:46 PM

30,265 posts, read 23,751,941 times
It's fascinating how these people die from "heart attacks" and "suicides" or even "drug overdose". Can't these people come up with something more clever, or interesting, or just plain old different as a way of death? Make it at least somewhat believable.

As for the whole bitcoin downfall, I guess I need to take a look on another forum I would go to a lot, where small players were investing in bitcoin. I want to point and laugh at them for wasting their money. Cruel, yes, but considering what a bunch of arrogant jackarses they were, I'm going to enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies