Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 09:48 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Your effort to explain science to conservatives is valiant but you're talking to people who still believe the earth is around 6,000 years old. You see where I'm going with this, right?
I don't think I will ever convince a global warming skeptic or YEC about anything. Their minds are clearly made up. However I think it is important to not let them go unchallenged if for no other reason then I think fact and logic based inquiry is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 09:59 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,519,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I turn up my heat or turn down my heat according to the weather. LOL tell you folks get done. When it's summer I turn it down........winter I turn it up. That is how heat works. In the summer it gets hot and in the winter it gets cold...........where I live anyway. You can play all the games you want and make up all the computer models you want but it's all BS and has been proven as so. Your heroes were caught lying..........yet you still continue the same game.

Sun heats the earth? Wow tell me more Mr. Science...........

You seem so worried about us warming...........go look what happened when the earth cooled...........you know climate change. Nothing good went down. EVER. You folks are just lost.
Are you seriously attempting to apply your specific control of your HVAC system in your house to denounce global warming? I thought I had heard it all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You just butchered the Second Law of Thermodynamics!

It is amusing (yet expected) when liberals try to "explain" science, particularly when they have no scientific background whatsoever.

Laws of thermodynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wrong. The Earth is not an isolated system and is subject to externalities (the sun). Please try again.

edit: Yeah, what the guy above me said...

Old 01-15-2014, 09:59 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Haven't figured out capital letters yet?
Yes, you're right. It's all about making Al Gore rich. Never mind all the evidence that's staring at you in the face. Continue to insist it's all about Al Gore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Indeed the Global Warming Hoax is slowly going away. The observation that the globe has been more or less getting warmer for the last 20,000 years is not. Some of this is caused by changes in solar energy absorption and, more recently, increased Carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere. Our climate entered an Ice Age with recurring relatively cold periods with short warm periods between some 3 million years ago. We are now in a interglacial warm period of indeterminate length. We should be grateful for this interlude between the climate domination by the Frost Giants of Nordic legend.

The controversy is a cultural phenomena between those that believe in "Revealed Truth" or what they want to believe and those that observe and catalogue what is and then attempt to derive what is likely to be. I am one of the latter.

The Global Warming Hoax is indeed disappearing. It is being replaced by observed fact.
really? you two need to read up at this webpage;

The big picture: 65 million years of temperature swings « JoNova

the graphs there show a general cooling trend for 65 million years, as well as a general cooling trend for the last 10,000 years. in fact it was hotter during the time of the roman empire than it is today. in fact note that on the 10,000 year graph, the medieval period was warmer than today.

and W, it isnt about al gore, its about the carbon credit trading scam that has made him and others lots of money that could have been used for other things that could have benefited mankind. but al gore made himself the spokesman for AGW, and he continues to show off his hypocrisy everytime he opens his mouth on the subject. he tells the world we have to reduce our carbon footprint, and yet he flies around in his private jet, and continues to waste energy in large quantities yearly.

you and other alarmists keep thinking it is about global warming or climate change, or what ever you are calling it this minute(i know it will change in the next couple of minutes), is about the environment, but the reality is that you are wrong, its about the money. back in the early 70s when environmental laws were flying fast and furious, it really was about the environment. today however, it isnt about the environment or th eclimate, its about the money and the power, and these people dont want to give up either one.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:01 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
I wonder if the 56% of Republican climate science deniers are the same Republicans who deny the Theory of Evolution?

57% of Republicans don't accept evolution according to a 2013 Pew Poll. It was only 46% in 2009.
From what I see here, they are the same people...They they do not do their own thinking, but are people who parrot what their puppet masters tell them to....That is the reason that they will never admit that they are wrong.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:03 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
Quote:
You just butchered the Second Law of Thermodynamics!

It is amusing (yet expected) when liberals try to "explain" science, particularly when they have no scientific background whatsoever.

Laws of thermodynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You don't understand that law at all do you?

Old 01-15-2014, 11:22 AM

30,085 posts, read 18,698,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
From what I see here, they are the same people...They they do not do their own thinking, but are people who parrot what their puppet masters tell them to....That is the reason that they will never admit that they are wrong.

I believe in the Theory of Evolution
I believe in the Theory of Relativity
I believe in String Theory
I believe in the mathematics that predicts 420,000 separate universes
I believe in the mathematics that predicts 16 distinct dimensions
I believe in the 'germ theory" of disease

I DO NOT believe in "global warming".

What is the difference between the former and the latter? Global warming is "junk science" that borders on a cult.

What is the difference between you and me? I have published many papers in the actual scientific literature and understand the difference between real science and junk science. You, by pulling the "D" lever in a voting booth, are not conferred with actual degrees and an understanding of the scientific literature, despite what most libs believe.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:25 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,519,713 times
Quote:
What is the difference between you and me? I have published many papers in the actual scientific literature and understand the difference between real science and junk science. You, by pulling the "D" lever in a voting booth, are not conferred with actual degrees and an understanding of the scientific literature, despite what most libs believe.
Hey, aren't you also the guy who just demonstrated that he doesn't understand the basic second law of thermodynamics a couple of pages ago?

Old 01-15-2014, 11:33 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,596 times
Quote:
........................... thus the observed fact that the earth is entering a cooling phase and that there has not been temperature increases for twenty years.
That isn't true As I cited in post 7 the measured heat stored in oceans over the last 20 years has increased by a factor of multiple 10^22 Joules.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You don't understand that law at all do you?

I know that you, as a liberal, are gifted with PhDs in every aspect of science simply by pulling the "D" lever in a voting both.

On the other hand, I just have an undergrad degree in Chemical Engineering (an M.D. after undergrad), and therefore understand that your party affiliation affords you more knowledge than any lousy four year degree.

Perhaps when you warm your hands near a fire, you can appreciate the 2nd law of thermodynamics better. Thanks for the valuable education and "clearing things up" for me.

Second law of thermodynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-15-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Hey, aren't you also the guy who just demonstrated that he doesn't understand the basic second law of thermodynamics a couple of pages ago?
Au contraire-

Second law of thermodynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only debate becomes as to whether you consider the ocean to be a "closed system". Of course, it is not. That is why England and Scotland are warmer than northern areas of Canada.

Perhaps you enlightened gentleman need to go back to college and obtain "some learnin'".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies