Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times

Advertisements

Fred lays it out pretty accurately I think.......Ex-NFL Great Dryer: GOP Establishment Afraid MSM Will Call Them Bigots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 08:53 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,192 times
I've always like Dryer, not only for his outstanding performance on the field but in acting. I thoroughly enjoyed the shows he was in.

As for his political leanings, he's never made a secret of them and this is but another example of his belief that the power in this nation should belong to the people and not a bunch of professional politicians.

Good for Fred!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:37 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,194,686 times
I think my jaw dropped when I read the linked article.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:21 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,816 times
GO for it! More Republicans should listen to Fred and double down on the policies that have won them the Presidency, the Senate ….

… oh, wait.

GO for it! The electorate of 2014 awaits you!

Old 01-13-2014, 11:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Interesting story. Since this is an internecine Republican struggle, I've got nothing to say on the topic.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:55 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Interesting story. Since this is an internecine Republican struggle, I've got nothing to say on the topic.
This.

And as a libertarian, I realize that Americans won't be motivated to change their lives until they feel pain, and the faster we can let the Democrats turn the country into their dream totalitarian state, the better. This will speed up the reset.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:04 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,096,161 times
Saw him once at a Baskin Robbins in the San Fernando Valley, on Ventura Bl, I think. I'm tall (6'2") and this guy towered over me. It's not often I have to tilt my head back to look someone in the eye. Big guy.

Other than that, I don't really have much to say. He's correct, but that doesn't change the fact that the left was very successful with their smear campaign against the TEA Party. Of course, it helps that they had the media on their side...

Old 01-13-2014, 12:32 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Saw him once at a Baskin Robbins in the San Fernando Valley, on Ventura Bl, I think. I'm tall (6'2") and this guy towered over me. It's not often I have to tilt my head back to look someone in the eye. Big guy.

Other than that, I don't really have much to say. He's correct, but that doesn't change the fact that the left was very successful with their smear campaign against the TEA Party. Of course, it helps that they had the media on their side...
According to Dryer the Republican "establsihment" is the problem. If that is so...and the Tea Party so right, why hasn't the rank and file republican embraced the TP? Not even a majority of Republicans identify themselves as TP.

If Fred is correct that this country is center-right...does that mean that the Tea Party is not in line with a majority of Americans if they fail to even garner a majority in their own party? If so why blame the majority...not to mention the left?

Lets leave the left out of the equation for a second. What is the fundamental flaw of the TP that they can not inspire a simple majority from within their own party?

Old 01-13-2014, 12:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
This.

And as a libertarian, I realize that Americans won't be motivated to change their lives until they feel pain, and the faster we can let the Democrats turn the country into their dream totalitarian state, the better. This will speed up the reset.
Lol...that's one take on it.

My take is the same if the Republicans take control. In fact, that's been my long time dream to give Republicans total control of the country. I'm pretty confident that after a few years, it would end up relegating the Republican party to the trash heap for eternity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Like hell.

The media has nothing to do with it. Whatever reputation the Tea Party has, they worked damn hard to earn it.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:36 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Lets leave the left out of the equation for a second. What is the fundamental flaw of the TP that they can not inspire a simple majority of within their own party?
The fatal flaw with your understanding of the movement is that it's comprised of a subset of the Republican party. I don't blame you for having that false perception - the Democrats in power and the media worked very, very hard to convince you that that's the case. Doesn't change the fact that it's not, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies