Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 11:30 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,595,226 times

Advertisements

In few words, gun nuts are defending the old POS because he represents what they want for America.

The Wild West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 PM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
In few words, gun nuts are defending the old POS because he represents what they want for America.

The Wild West.
I wouldn't say "gun nuts." I mentioned earlier in the thread that I've perused a number of gun enthusiast forums and I have not seen the support for Reeves that I've seen here. Most of them agree that if you're carrying a firearm you've got to be even more careful to stay out of confrontations.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:26 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post

The Wild West.
Does my other post in this thread support him? https://www.city-data.com/forum/33063154-post740.html

Old 01-20-2014, 03:46 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
Dale, why don't you read some of the articles and look at what the witnesses say. Wait, that's too hard for you to do. You just want to hate the texter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You don't know that. I suggest she put up her hand against her husband to push him down and to try to get him to shut up and stop picking a fight with the old fella.

You have zero knowledge that she was "shielding" him.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Dale, why don't you read some of the articles and look at what the witnesses say. Wait, that's too hard for you to do. You just want to hate the texter.
It's obvious some know-nothings get their info from "articles" and blogs. I would not be one of those people. I'll listen to the so-called witnesses when they're on the stand and under oath.

Remember that other FL case? Never forget it. I was 100% right. If you think the crap you've been reading is the whole and true story, you have my sympathy.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:11 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
The problem is, Dale, you don't try to get information from anywhere. You make preconceived judgments based on mean-spirited ideals you have developed over your life. Remember that other FL case? There were no witnesses were there. There are here. Plenty of them. Proceed on hater.

PS - Did you read what Reeves' attorney said during his bond hearing? Not one word about the young man coming after him so that his wife would have to restrain him. Wouldn't that be an important thing to say? The only thing the attorney said was that the young man threw popcorn or an unknown object, and the Judge responded accordingly.

Quote:
It's obvious some know-nothings get their info from "articles" and blogs. I would not be one of those people. I'll listen to the so-called witnesses when they're on the stand and under oath.

Remember that other FL case? Never forget it. I was 100% right. If you think the crap you've been reading is the whole and true story, you have my sympathy.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:12 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
I haven't read every article, but I haven't seen any that describe witnesses talking about when the wife's hand got shot. I can imagine her reflexively putting her hand in front of her husband if she saw the gun. It's equally possible hubby was moving toward old guy and she moved to stop him.

This is an unknown and might stay that way.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:19 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
The problem is, Dale, you don't try to get information from anywhere. You make preconceived judgments based on mean-spirited ideals you have developed over your life. Remember that other FL case? There were no witnesses were there. There are here. Plenty of them. Proceed on hater.

PS - Did you read what Reeves' attorney said during his bond hearing? Not one word about the young man coming after him so that his wife would have to restrain him. Wouldn't that be an important thing to say? The only thing the attorney said was that the young man threw popcorn or an unknown object, and the Judge responded accordingly.
lolol. When your argument is empty, you resort to "hater".

That's a good one!

Some folks just never learn.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:27 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,511,121 times
Quote:

I agree, the other case was politically and agenda driven for the gun control people. Look at all the clown singers and even politicians that hammered Florida over syg. It wasnt even a case of SYG. The media will only tell you what they want you to hear.
The case, with witnesses on the stand will be what this persons fate will be determined by..
And, I bet it gets knocked down to manslaughter, 3-5 years tops.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:38 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
An argument in a Tampa movie theater over texting during a preview ended with the texter and his wife being shot. An annoyed man behind them went looking for a manger, then came came back and shot them with a pistol. The shooter was detained by other patrons until police arrived. The witness doesn't mention race. The dying man's last words were "I can't believe...."

(with witness interview video)
Two shot after dispute over noise in theater - FOX 13 News
Why would any witness need to mention race - god I wish people could get over this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies