Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 06:08 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Another useless thread about guns....

Who would have thunk it....
Guns? WOW!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The bad part is, there are cell phone jammers available that the theater could have had in place.
Is there such a thing as a firearm jammer? Maybe theaters can purchase those.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:11 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
An argument in a Tampa movie theater over texting during a preview ended with the texter and his wife being shot. An annoyed man behind them went looking for a manger, then came came back and shot them with a pistol. The shooter was detained by other patrons until police arrived. The witness doesn't mention race. The dying man's last words were "I can't believe...."

(with witness interview video)
Two shot after dispute over noise in theater - FOX 13 News

God, during the previews? People should mind their own business until the f'n movie starts.

Another responsible gun owner using a gun for the "most likely" outcome. I know what was needed, another gun. SO we can have a shootout in a movie theater over texting!

Old 01-14-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First off, to the OP I'd like to know how you shoot someone "alive"? That sentence "Man shot dead" drives me up a wall, like finger nails on a blackboard.

As for the incident, evidently a 71 year old retired cop had asked this guy to knock it off repeatedly and things escallated verbally after the old guy went to the lobby and came back. It's not been totally explained how bad the verbal fight got. The retired cop then pulled his .380 and shot the moron with the phone hitting him in the chest and his wife in the hand when she reached for her husband while he was being shot at.

With all that being said there's no reason that a retired cop should have shot the moron no matter how moronic he was being unless it got physical (he is 71 after all). Detained him or arrested him? Ok, but shooting him was over the line (given the facts that have been released so far).

Now before all the anti-gun crowd gets their collective panties in a wad, isn't it your crowd that says only the cops are trained and experienced enough to possess guns?
Hmmmmm?
do you know how moronic that sounds...

Old 01-14-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The bad part is, there are cell phone jammers available that the theater could have had in place.
1) this was during previews. The doors are open. People are finding their seat. Turn off your cell phone message doesn't happen until after previews.

2) Cell Phone Jammers are illegal in the united states. . so wtf are you talking about

Old 01-14-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:

With all that being said there's no reason that a retired cop should have shot the moron no matter how moronic he was being unless it got physical (he is 71 after all). Detained him or arrested him? Ok, but shooting him was over the line (given the facts that have been released so far).

I'll say it one more time

it was during the f'n previews. WTF cares if people are getting seats, talking, or whatever during the f'n previews

Give me a break. The moron was the 71 year old person who got sooo upset about a movie trailer he wil obviously never see, because he will be in Jail

Old 01-14-2014, 06:27 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You see.....we conservative NRA, 2nd amendment supporters will NOT be out in force seeking "justice" for the shooter.

There is absolutely no defense for him. We will not be claiming "mental health" or anything else.....he lost control and killed someone in cold blood.

That's the difference between the left and the right....we have standards.
Hmm. What I'm seeing from "conservative NRA, 2nd amendment supporters" in this particular thread is that the shooter was justified.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
An ex police officer shot him who would've thunk?

"Only police and military should have guns"= Your typical braindead liberal.
Actually, he was a retired police officer. And was 71 years old.

Now, I'm retired military. Until I was 55, I was subject to being recalled to duty. After 55, the DoD considers me too danged old.

I would suggest that sometime before 71, "ex police officer" no longer carries any substance...he's just another old man.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The man who was shot today was the father of a three-year old. All of the people justifying this in their bizarre way should take a look at him and his daughter and say that this little girl in any way deserves to grow up without a father because some angry, violent codger couldn't control his impulses all over someone texting:

Chad Oulson Tampa Theater Shooting Victim - Shot Dead For Texting
Since everyone's wailing about the dead guy being "the father of a 3 year old" let me ask this; if "dad" didn't think about being "the father of a 3 year old" (and instead acted like one) then why should anyone else?

The little girl doesn't deserve to grow up without a father over this BUT don't y'all think the father should have maybe thought about how HE acted in public and how his actions could/would affect his family?
I'd say pretty sad thought process on both sides of the gun.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Since everyone's wailing about the dead guy being "the father of a 3 year old" let me ask this; if "dad" didn't think about being "the father of a 3 year old" (and instead acted like one) then why should anyone else?

The little girl doesn't deserve to grow up without a father over this BUT don't y'all think the father should have maybe thought about how HE acted in public and how his actions could/would affect his family?
I'd say pretty sad thought process on both sides of the gun.
It's okay to text in a theater before the movie starts. The "no cell phone" announcement is given just before the main attraction.

So the young man was doing something that was totally okay. Let's say he "stood his ground" on the fact that he was doing something legal and allowed. What you're saying is that if an old man approaches you while you're doing something that is legal and allowed, you will always just meekly obey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies