Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:26 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times

Advertisements

OK we've ALL thought about it. Doesn't mean it was the right thing to do....but we've ALL thought it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 03:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,340,289 times
Yep. Here it is.

St. Paul man dies trying to retrieve phone from Chicago River; woman presumed dead.
St. Paul man dies trying to retrieve phone from Chicago River; woman presumed dead | Star Tribune

People are way too addicted to their gadgets.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:28 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,542,321 times
The accused is a retired Tampa police officer named Curtis Reeves. He's going to be real popular in prison when he gets locked up... What a POS, lock his ass up for good... Another dumbs**t hothead with a gun.

Texting during the 30 minutes of previews isn't justifiable cause to bust a cap...

Old 01-13-2014, 03:30 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
I wonder if his last text was "Aarrghhhh!"

Old 01-13-2014, 03:30 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,594,523 times
"Reeves, a retired Tampa police officer, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder."

The guy is an ex-cop, supposed to be trained for high stress situations, firefights and disputes, taught to handle firearms, and can't handle an argument in a movie theater?

Sounds like there is more to this story than what was in the article.

Either that, or the PTSD kicked in and the guy was out of his head in which case he shouldn't have had a weapon, ex-cop or not.

Stupid people doing stupid things makes life difficult for everybody.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:40 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,876,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
"Reeves, a retired Tampa police officer, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder."

The guy is an ex-cop, supposed to be trained for high stress situations, firefights and disputes, taught to handle firearms, and can't handle an argument in a movie theater?

Sounds like there is more to this story than what was in the article.

Either that, or the PTSD kicked in and the guy was out of his head in which case he shouldn't have had a weapon, ex-cop or not.

Stupid people doing stupid things makes life difficult for everybody.
Or --- he was "standing his ground", this is Florida after all.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,288,500 times
Ok so they were annoying. I stopped going to theaters years ago because people are always annoying. There are annoying people everywhere. Crying babies, people talking, cell phones. But this happened because some trigger happy jerk thought he needed a gun at an upscale movie theater at 2 pm in the afternoon. Let's hear all the gun nuts talk about how only irresponsible people shoot people. This was a retired cop! Guess he thought the popcorn counter might be robbed. This is why guns should be banned from public places. This guy better get 2nd degree murder and attempted murder, as the wife was shot also but was only injured. A three year old will grow up without a father because an idiot shot his father for using his cell phone. Now it is not only the mentally ill shooting strangers--it is gun owners with anger management issues.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:48 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,977,044 times
Not saying its right to shoot someone texting in a theater, but I understand. LMAO. This is exactly why I down load my moves off the web instead of going to the theater. I not only save money but no one is kicking my back, throwing popcorn or taking like everyone is interested in getting ear screwed by them. I will watch the Dallas buyers club tonight. LOL

Old 01-13-2014, 03:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,288,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OK we've ALL thought about it. Doesn't mean it was the right thing to do....but we've ALL thought it.
The right thing to do? Are you serious? We do not live in the wild wild west no matter how many amateur gunslingers wish we did. You do not deprive a wife of her husband, children of their father and a man of his life, because he is annoying. Remember all that outrage over the husband who was killed in a botched car jacking? Let's see how much outrage gun nuts can muster for a father killed by a trigger happy cop. People are throwing out inane theories about PTSD. No more excuses and free passes for gun owners. For some reason they are not responsible for their actions? Give me a break.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:51 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
the problem with firearms is if you have one you always think you are right.
the problem with trouble makers is they always think somebody with a gun is going to back down.
signed a loyal NRA member
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies