Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 08:55 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
All that was done in Iraq has been tossed in the toilet by dear leader. Truth............scream Bush all you want liberals All you do anyway.
It was never clear to me what our objective was in Iraq. They weren't involved with 9/11, so what exactly were we trying to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 08:26 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Oil for dollars............not euros or rubles or yen what have you. Do you even realize why the US became such a power? Oil is traded in US dollars...........why they have to buy up our notes........and why we go fight to protect OPEC. Look back to Nixon and the seventies...........that is when the deal was cut why folks can't get it I will never understand. You seem like a smart one too......

Most countries don't fight for territory anymore...........sure you got the nuts that run around..........major powers are fighting for money............look around.
Oil, exactly, not weapons of mass destruction. The country was lied to when is was always about oil.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:14 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It was never clear to me what our objective was in Iraq. They weren't involved with 9/11, so what exactly were we trying to do?
Because out dear leader, the egomaniac Shrub wanted to be our 'war-president' - he forgot to add the modifier 'Chickenhawk war president'. He paid dearly for the war - with our money and blood - no worries, he has 10,000 acres in Uruguay, plenty of senioritas to 'stroke' his ego going forward.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:52 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,274 times
1.)4k Dead soldiers in an unwinnable war while people sit at home singing patriotic songs and waving flags.
2.)We bring most of them home.
3.)Savages start killing EACH OTHER.
4.)Oh wells, their problem now. Lets solve the problems at home.
5.) Nah lets send the soldiers back.. "To finish the job." Civil war doesn't involve america at all but eh why not?

Old 06-21-2014, 12:08 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You are the one touting more war while NOT volunteering to go fight in that war.

You even admitted that you've never fired a gun at the enemy during wartime!

I sit in my chair actually concerned about the families of young American men and women who may not be as eager as you to see their sons and daughters brains blown out in the sand of some far off God-forsaken country for ABSOLUTELY no good reason.
No I haven't. Doesn't mean others will have to. Well guess where we are back to.............and the old blame Bush game aint gonna fly anymore. Well maybe for liberals.

You are full of crappola............all concerned. You care less........what your comments show. You never put one on. I did........didn't go to war.....was close many times.......so it goes. I had too I would if was ordered. You sit around crying and whining. So you go.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Because out dear leader, the egomaniac Shrub wanted to be our 'war-president' - he forgot to add the modifier 'Chickenhawk war president'. He paid dearly for the war - with our money and blood - no worries, he has 10,000 acres in Uruguay, plenty of senioritas to 'stroke' his ego going forward.
It appears we are going back into Iraq. Dear leader don't give a rip he got his time in office. Felluga......Mosul.........all our guys fought for not to mention many others now are back in play. Bush's fault I'm sure though. F'ing pathetic.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
1.)4k Dead soldiers in an unwinnable war while people sit at home singing patriotic songs and waving flags.
2.)We bring most of them home.
3.)Savages start killing EACH OTHER.
4.)Oh wells, their problem now. Lets solve the problems at home.
5.) Nah lets send the soldiers back.. "To finish the job." Civil war doesn't involve america at all but eh why not?
Only flags I've seen waved lately are Mexican ones.

Talk to your dear leader who sent guys back into Iraq. Yep he lied to you.......and you ate it up........as you are now. Scream on.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:03 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
No I haven't. Doesn't mean others will have to. Well guess where we are back to.............and the old blame Bush game aint gonna fly anymore. Well maybe for liberals.

You are full of crappola............all concerned. You care less........what your comments show. You never put one on. I did........didn't go to war.....was close many times.......so it goes. I had too I would if was ordered. You sit around crying and whining. So you go.
Why would I "go" fight in some Arab civil war?

Do you have any idea what you are arguing for?

And being "close" to going to war isn't the same as being sent to die by people who think like you do (and I use the word "think" very loosely).

Why are people like yourself and John McCain so eager to see young Americans chests blown open 7,000 miles from home in an Arab civil war? Is it a mental problem?

Old 06-21-2014, 12:01 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
It appears we are going back into Iraq. Dear leader don't give a rip he got his time in office. Felluga......Mosul.........all our guys fought for not to mention many others now are back in play. Bush's fault I'm sure though. F'ing pathetic.
I agree 'it's f_king pathetic' how Americans bought into the crap that the Shrub was shoveling, all in the name of his self glorification as our 'war-prez'... that cowardly SOB would last a week in real combat.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:45 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Quote:

I just dont understand. has the right not learned that getting involved in every conflict only makes matter worse down the road. If anyone wants the US to get involved with Iraq again, they can volunteer their own lives and money to fight over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies