Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post

The ONLY thing that might make it slightly better to have heterosexual parents is the amount of hate some people display and pass on to their children regarding gay people.
Isn't that attitude (which you call hate) "natural". Where does it come from if it is not?

Some people who claim to love and accept gays also seem to hate God. To me there is something not quite right or truthful about that scenario. I don't think *anyone* believes for a second that gay-agenda supporters are loving and caring people.

It's kind of like a 5 year old child who thinks he is "fooling" his parent when he acts a certain and dishonest way.

Nobody believes the gay-supporters. Even themselves.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:00 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Isn't that attitude (which you call hate) "natural". Where does it come from if it is not?
Ignorance ? Preference for what is known to them without having to think it through ? Fear ? Latent homosexual desires ? Blind obedience to what their religion supposedly teaches ? Wanting to be with the "crowd" as most bullies do ? Etc. There are multiple reasons possible. And yes, one of them is that it's "natural" to be wary of what you don't know. But natural doesn't mean it's justified. It's a good thing so many human beings were not to afraid to explore, discover or learn about what they didn't know over the past million of years, don't you agree?

Quote:
Some people who claim to love and accept gays also seem to hate God. To me there is something not quite right or truthful about that scenario. I don't think *anyone* believes for a second that gay-agenda supporters are loving and caring people.
Hate God ? How can one hate something they don't believe to exist ? The most I've seen is people who dislike religion and its consequences on mankind.

Quote:

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying that gay people deliberately choose to be excluded by people like you, to have a more difficult time simply living in society because of people like you, sometimes prefer suicide to being submitted to such scorn and reject ? And FURTHERMORE, that while doing all of this, they KNOW they're lying to others and themselves ? And FURTHERMORE, you add gay "supporters" in the mix?

Wow. Just wow. Never knew there were so many masochists, it's a good thing there are so many sadists too (follow my look), so everyone can be satisfied

Now please try an exercise for me : replace the word "gay" in your post with the word "black" or "muslim" or "redneck" or "republicans" and "democrats" or even "clowns" (some people actually totally hate clowns for irrational reasons). And come back and tell me what you think about it.

An example :

Quote:
Some people who claim to love and accept clowns also seem to hate God. To me there is something not quite right or truthful about that scenario. I don't think *anyone* believes for a second that gay-agenda supporters are loving and caring people.

It's kind of like a 5 year old child who thinks he is "fooling" his parent when he acts a certain and dishonest way.

Nobody believes the clown-supporters. Even themselves.

Too many people would rather stick to their general ignorance than admitting they might be wrong. Hey, wouldn't that be one of the capital sins, ie Pride ?

Pride (from Wiki)

In almost every list, pride (Latin, superbia), or hubris (Greek), is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and the source of the others. It is identified as believing that one is essentially better than others, failing to acknowledge the accomplishments of others, and excessive admiration of the personal self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God). Dante's definition was "love of self perverted to hatred and contempt for one's neighbour". In Jacob Bidermann's medieval miracle play, Cenodoxus, pride is the deadliest of all the sins and leads directly to the damnation of the titulary famed Parisian doctor. In perhaps the best-known example, the story of Lucifer, pride (his desire to compete with God) was what caused his fall from Heaven, and his resultant transformation into Satan. In Dante's Divine Comedy, the penitents are burdened with stone slabs on their necks which force them to keep their heads bowed.

So whereas the sin you are guilty of is identified as "the most serious of the 7 deadly sins", actually none of them are about homosexuality specifically.

Talk about religion

It might be a fool the one who doesn't know but the biggest fool is the one who uses so much energy at staying ignorant. Good thing humanity at a whole scale doesn't need such people to keep on advancing.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:09 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
It might be a fool the one who doesn't know but the biggest fool is the one who uses so much energy at staying ignorant. Good thing humanity at a whole scale doesn't need such people to keep on advancing.
The biggest lie of all is that humanity can "advance on its own" without God. All "great" societies have fallen due to disobedience to God.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Quote:
The biggest lie of all is that humanity can "advance on its own" without God. All "great" societies have fallen due to disobedience to God.
I see you don't adress the rest of my post especially the exact definition of Pride that you show so many signs of. Aren't you afraid for your eternal life ?

Still, I'd like an example of those societies you're mentioning and which god you're talking about ?

Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,716,151 times
Quote:

Haha . . . that's nutty. I bet nobody takes you seriously in real life either.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Adoption laws should be written such that someone is deemed a good parent by their capacity to parent,
not by their capacity to be heterosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies