Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 06:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually he is questioning the pay of CEOs just like you are questioning the pay of minimum wage workers.

Good to see you are admitting you think people making the least should be paid less. Now we know the truth for wanting to get rid of the minimum wage so that you can turn the US into a "third world" like the one you ran from. Just because it was okay where you came from doesn't mean it is okay here. You might be able to call yourself an American but it is clear you don't know what it means to be an American.
The ONLY people questioning anyones pay, are left wing kooks.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-23-2014 at 07:20 AM..

Old 01-23-2014, 06:52 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
Let's try this one more time and see if you approve of the answer, what question are people not answering?
I am getting half ass answers that are not directly answering my question. I will give you a try but answer it as direct as possible. Lets not get into fairytales. Answer BOTH questions as they go hand in hand with each other.

Here you go. This is assuming that you are employed by someone and you do have a boss or the business does have a founder.

Example A ). If min wage is 7.25 and bumped up to 8.00 who is paying the extra 75 cents ?

Now once you answer that , how is this person going to come up with the extra money that is being taken out of his/her income to counter the min wage raise so she/he doesn't keep losing profits now ?

Old 01-23-2014, 06:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This is so true and there is no reason that a CEO should make 300 times what their lowest paid worker gets. Between this and the "golden parachutes" it's just a slap in the face to the average worker bee.

Please save the "If the market pay's this it must be okay" rhetoric , we all know it's BS but there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Apparently the increase in profits should only go to those at the top if productivity of the workers increases, somehow that makes sense to right wingers, as if they think if they let the top earners take as much as they want that they too will one day become rich just like them.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
I am getting half ass answers that are not directly answering my question. I will give you a try but answer it as direct as possible. Lets not get into fairytales. Answer BOTH questions as they go hand in hand with each other.

Here you go. This is assuming that you are employed by someone and you do have a boss or the business does have a founder.

Example A ). If min wage is 7.25 and bumped up to 8.00 who is paying the extra 75 cents ?

Now once you answer that , how is this person going to come up with the extra money that is being taken out of his/her income to counter the min wage raise so she/he doesn't keep losing profits now ?
The employers pay that increase just like they have paid for that increase many times before.

How it is paid for can come in many shapes and forms, there is no one answer to that part.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
The employers pay that increase just like they have paid for that increase many times before.

How it is paid for can come in many shapes and forms, there is no one answer to that part.
So you think its okay and fair for the employer to pay for it EVEN if it comes from hers/his pockets/income ?

Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Actually he is questioning the pay of CEOs just like you are questioning the pay of minimum wage workers.

Good to see you are admitting you think people making the least should be paid less. Now we know the truth for wanting to get rid of the minimum wage so that you can turn the US into a "third world" like the one you ran from. Just because it was okay where you came from doesn't mean it is okay here. You might be able to call yourself an American but it is clear you don't know what it means to be an American.
????

The CEO's pay is determined by the market, agreement between private entities, while the minimum wage is determined by the minimum wage law.

Big difference. I have every right to question the minimum wage as a citizen while you have no business questioning the CEO unless you are a stockholder.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
So you think its okay and fair for the employer to pay for it EVEN if it comes from hers/his pockets/income ?
Doesn't all wages come from the employer's pocket generally speaking? I mean if an employer could have people work for them for free thay would be even more money for their pocket.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
????

The CEO's pay is determined by the market, agreement between private entities, while the minimum wage is determined by the minimum wage law.

Big difference. I have every right to question the minimum wage as a citizen while you have no business questioning the CEO unless you are a stockholder.
CEOs' pay is determined by the market? That is laughable, so when CEOs see raises even when the company's profits are tanking what is the excuse then?

Old 01-23-2014, 07:04 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Apparently the increase in profits should only go to those at the top if productivity of the workers increases, somehow that makes sense to right wingers, as if they think if they let the top earners take as much as they want that they too will one day become rich just like them.
Nobody prevents you from climbing to the top! Majority of the CEOs were nobody before.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Doesn't all wages come from the employer's pocket generally speaking? I mean if an employer could have people work for them for free thay would be even more money for their pocket.

Yes it usually does. I am glad that you are now seeing that. I am not asking for people to work for free so lets stay on topic. I asked who pays the extra money , and you just said the employer which is correct.

So , since the employer is now technically losing money since hers/his profits have changed into a negative wouldnt you agree this is a loss of income as a business owner/employer ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies