Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 04:36 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Isn't that robbery?
Nah. It's theft under color of authority. Subtle difference.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Look, you are the one saying it was not factor and didn't cause inflation. OK, now you think it's factor but minor. So how minor is it? You need to tell us.

If it is a factor, then what's the point of raising the minimum wage? Do you have calculation to show any increase would NOT be offset by the inflation it causes?
I am still waiting how major of an inflation minimum wage causes, you know your 1+1=2. Minimum wage doesn't have any major impact on inflation, I have shown you a number of charts that have shown inflation happened even though minimum wage stayed flat, if you have some proof that minimum wage has a major effect on inflation, you are welcome to prove it.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's like some people have a mental disease, they disparage business owners, call them the 1%, marginalize their "you didn't build that" accomplishments, demand they pay $10 an hour for $5 an hour work, and then the same people complain when businesses shut their doors, or move out of state.
Correct. That mentality is the driving force behind their failure to provide adequately for themselves. Given that mentality, businesses would be foolish to want to provide them jobs. There are billions of alternatives on the planet, plus automation, robots, etc.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:36 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,661 times
Over 10 pages and still no liberal genius has answered my question yet. Lol. Post 550

Example A ). If min wage is 7.25 and bumped up to 8.00 who is paying the extra 75 cents ?

Now once you answer that , how is this person going to come up with the extra money that is being taken out of his/her income to counter the min wage raise so she/he doesn't keep losing profits now ?

Because im sure if people started taking money out of your pay check you sure wouldnt like it now would you. So please , answer these 2 questions as direct and forward as possible.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am still waiting how major of an inflation minimum wage causes, you know your 1+1=2. Minimum wage doesn't have any major impact on inflation, I have shown you a number of charts that have shown inflation happened even though minimum wage stayed flat, if you have some proof that minimum wage has a major effect on inflation, you are welcome to prove it.
Quote:
So what you are saying is you don't know the difference between "major" and "sole?"
Seeing how you don't know what Inflation is, and the best you can do is "heart felt" knee-jerk sophistry, I'm not sure what your complaint is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It'd be an additional cost in the neighborhood of $6,000 per year, per 30hr/wk employee.
But she doesn't know that, because she doesn't own a business and doesn't pay her employees $15/hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Saying get more skills or education is just an excuse for business to be greedy and pay as little as possible.
Employers pay what the Market says they must pay for a given Skill-Set.

It's not rocket science.

Quote:
Getting a skill or education takes money and time which many poor do not have and many do not have the ability to do.....
That's called investing and risk-taking.

People who have wealth invest and take risks and it takes time to build wealth, and part of that time-consuming risk-taking investing is often education or training.

Quote:
I know a Right Winger will come back with the I am just making excuses...
Then stop putting forth emotional-based rants lacking in facts or substance.

Quote:
People say business can not afford to pay a high wage so why do companies like Costco, Aldi's and IN and Out Burgers start employees over $9.00?
Why?

I already explained why.....encore presentation....

Employers pay what the Market says they must pay for a given Skill-Set.

It's not rocket science.

There are 1,539 economies/markets in the united States.

Each one of those 1,539 economies/markets has its own Labor Market.

Within each of those 1,539 Labor Markets, there are more than 800 Skill-sets.

The Labor Force for each Market varies in the number of workers qualified to work in those 800+ Skill-sets in each of the 1,539 Labor Markets and that is what determines wages and salaries.

See how easy that is....

Mircea

Old 01-22-2014, 06:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Say what?
I caught you lying about what I said and I called you out on it.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
robbery: The taking of money or goods in the possession of another, from his or her person or immediate presence, by force or intimidation

I'd say threatening to throw people in jail who dont pay qualifies as force or intimidation..
There is no point in debating someone who believes that taxes, which provide roads, sewers, police protection, schools, defense, drinking water, public health, FEMA, etc..., is robbery!

Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
I caught you lying about what I said and I called you out on it.
I feel like talking to a 3 year old. You said you are not your; no I said your not you are.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Over 10 pages and still no liberal genius has answered my question yet. Lol. Post 550

Example A ). If min wage is 7.25 and bumped up to 8.00 who is paying the extra 75 cents ?

Now once you answer that , how is this person going to come up with the extra money that is being taken out of his/her income to counter the min wage raise so she/he doesn't keep losing profits now ?

Because im sure if people started taking money out of your pay check you sure wouldnt like it now would you. So please , answer these 2 questions as direct and forward as possible.
What businesses run on such a low profit margin as that?

Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What businesses run on such a low profit margin as that?
Plenty. I used to work for a manufacturing company whose gross margin is about 10%. Gross margin is not net profit. You need to add overhead, lease and tax liability. The net may be only 3-5%.

However margin means nothing without looking at sales volume. You may make $0.01/loaf of bread sold but what if you can sell 1 million loaves every year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies