Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 08:57 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
I can bet you most of the people that are making MW are illegals and people that came here , became legal but never got an education .

I am still waiting for someone on the liberal side to answer my question that was asked like 4 pages ago ?
You will NEVER get an honest answer from a leftie due to the fact that they "feel" rather than "think".

For instance, it "feels" good to be concerned about the fate of illegals "living in the shadows", but they never "think" about the actual impact on the LEGAL citizens and the economy as a whole.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:06 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You will NEVER get an honest answer from a leftie due to the fact that they "feel" rather than "think".

For instance, it "feels" good to be concerned about the fate of illegals "living in the shadows", but they never "think" about the actual impact on the LEGAL citizens and the economy as a whole.
I always love this excuse from right wingers, it is as if they lack the ability to feel.

Also funny that they assume the left wing lack rational thinking, but that is just irrational thinking on the right wingers' side.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I always love this excuse from right wingers, it is as if they lack the ability to feel.

Also funny that they assume the left wing lack rational thinking, but that is just irrational thinking on the right wingers' side.
You still haven't answered me how much is 1+1.

If you can't understand 1+1=2, how can you understand raising the minimum wage = inflation?

Like I said before, it's not a political issue here. It is a math issue.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You still haven't answered me how much is 1+1.

If you can't understand 1+1=2, how can you understand raising the minimum wage = inflation?

Like I said before, it's not a political issue here. It is a math issue.
So raising the minimum wage 100% causes inflation, yet you still have yet to grasp the concept that inflation happens anyway and for every year you don't raise the minimum wage the value of that amount becomes smaller and smaller.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
So raising the minimum wage 100% causes inflation, yet you still have yet to grasp the concept that inflation happens anyway and for every year you don't raise the minimum wage the value of that amount becomes smaller and smaller.
So only 100% increase would cause inflation or any increase would cause inflation?

1+1=2 but 1+0.1=1?

Cost-push inflationHigh inflation can prompt employees to demand rapid wage increases, to keep up with consumer prices. In the cost-push theory of inflation, rising wages in turn can help fuel inflation. In the case of collective bargaining, wage growth will be set as a function of inflationary expectations, which will be higher when inflation is high. This can cause a wage spiral.[40] In a sense, inflation begets further inflationary expectations, which beget further inflation.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:32 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of long-term minimum wager's have some sort of "bad life choice" or "insufficient level of personal responsibility about them" lurking in their closet. If we were given the opportunity to analyze their personal lives, I'd bet there's something in there that caused them to be stuck at a station in life that does not allow them to get ahead. Whether it be a criminal record....an illegitimate child (or children)....no high school degree....or something similar that holds them back.

So, if that happens to be the case, why should I or anyone else have sympathy for them? They made bad choices....why should anyone else care how deep of a hole they've dug for themselves??

Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So only 100% increase would cause inflation or any increase would cause inflation?

1+1=2 but 1+0.1=1?
1+1=2 is called a 100% increase.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of long-term minimum wager's have some sort of "bad life choice" or "insufficient level of personal responsibility about them" lurking in their closet. If we were given the opportunity to analyze their personal lives, I'd bet there's something in there that caused them to be stuck at a station in life that does not allow them to get ahead. Whether it be a criminal record....an illegitimate child (or children)....no high school degree....or something similar that holds them back.

So, if that happens to be the case, why should I or anyone else have sympathy for them? They made bad choices....why should anyone else care how deep of a hole they've dug for themselves??
Most long time minimum wage earners just lack the work ethics. If they can:
1. Come to work on time.
2. Don't drink or do drugs
3. Do what is being told
4. Don't gossip or badmouth others.
5. Don't get an attitude or into a fight.
6. Don't commit any crime.
7. Know how to count.

They would be easily promoted to higher positions.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Solution.

DONT WORK FOR MINIMUM WAGE..

Old 01-22-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
1+1=2 is called a 100% increase.
What about 1+0.1?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies