Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,271,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Human excrement? Please. Your not God's gift. In fact, you act like anything but. God gave us free will.

And neither are you. You moralize and justify your use of garbage that addles your mind. Anybody that uses a foreign substance as a escape mechanism is pathetic and needs therapy. So continue to fry your brain. I don't care. But when I see you on the street panhandling, I will make sure to let you know what a loser you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 07:12 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,438,801 times
Quote:
I'm tired of being harassed for it while half the country kills themselves with cigarettes and alcohol. You know who is NOT doing the time?? Police officers. Politicians. Rich kids. Wall Street. Big Banks...
Yes, that is why they need the rest of us to sacpegoat for them. So the stereotype continues that minorities are more prone to comitt most of the crime, the police media and other dullards eat the bs and continue spreading the prejudice. The really BIG criminals are the ones you mentioned.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:52 PM

39,906 posts, read 26,614,497 times
Quote:
No ish.

Don't forget about snorting Coke while you crash the Economy. They don't stop and frisk Wall Street.
Or in the White House.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:00 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,354,598 times
This seems like it is bending the truth a bit. Are these men getting arrested or are these men being incarcerated?

I was arrested along with a lot of my friends back in high school for getting caught throwing a keg party in the woods. None of us went to jail, but we had to sit in the back of cop cars until our parents picked us up. Does that put me in the percent of white males who have been arrested?

Old 01-21-2014, 10:25 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,643,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And neither are you. You moralize and justify your use of garbage that addles your mind. Anybody that uses a foreign substance as a escape mechanism is pathetic and needs therapy. So continue to fry your brain. I don't care. But when I see you on the street panhandling, I will make sure to let you know what a loser you are.
It's ok to be scared of something you don't understand. Judging by your post you also never have a sip of alcohol.

Congratulations! You and 10% of Americans share the same philosophy.

Your a minority!

Old 01-22-2014, 06:06 AM

78,752 posts, read 60,939,328 times
Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I have a thread discussing the issue of profiling. There is a much broader issue than that though as far as "Law Enforcement." The ENTIRE population has higher than normal incarceration rates while crime is still an issue.

The deeper you look into the issue the more corrupt and messy it gets.
.......and most of those arrests occur in cities with mono-party rule.....which gets 90% of the black vote. Not saying blacks should vote republican btw....just pointing out that the big issue you have here occurs in what are predominantly democratically controlled bastions.

The reality might just be that with such a monolithic voting block, they have no leverage politically and are therefore screwed either way.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I was talking about sampling as a response to the question of sample size as related to US population.

I haven't examined the study so I don't pretend to defend it, it may be terrible. Many studies use self report, and it can be an effective means. As Jason points out, the situation under which the survey is administered can be problematic but that can also be muted with appropriate methods.
The part that sent my BS detector on high alert was how high the white arrest rate was relative to the black arrest rate.

We all know the correlations with poverty and of course biases in policing and whatnot so there is no way those ratios are that close together.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I guess that little white boy that ran over all those people drunk driving and got treatment center instead of prison time was a genius.
No, but his lawyer was. (Kinda like Robert Blake, OJ and many others with $$$)

Don't worry though, that moron got 10 years probation and he will screw up and serve time eventually.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:57 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,610,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The part that sent my BS detector on high alert was how high the white arrest rate was relative to the black arrest rate.

We all know the correlations with poverty and of course biases in policing and whatnot so there is no way those ratios are that close together.
I was surprised to see that as well. It seemed a little off.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:21 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,155,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Oh please. This is exactly why we shouldn't let stupidity influence public opinion. We'll have a STUPID public.

I'm self employed and probably half your age. Started working straight commission in the 2nd largest market in the country and helped bring a brand spanking new team to the top of the company. I own 3 businesses, 2 which are operational, and created 2 jobs last year and gave many others commission based work. I've never been fired from a job, graduated from a top school with honors, and do a ton to help family and my communities.

See me on the street panhandling?

"Addles your mind" Where do people come up with this sh*t??

Edit: If you want, I'll come back high later tonight post work and dance circles around you on the issue. HIGH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies