Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,072,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Oh no, I know that. I'm a non-partisan type guy but I have supported a lot of Libertarian ideals. I'm not a Democrat.

I find it hypocritical that Obama hasn't fought harder to repeal the federal marijuana ban when he smoked weed when he was younger.
He doesn't have the balls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
No, but his lawyer was. (Kinda like Robert Blake, OJ and many others with $$$)

Don't worry though, that moron got 10 years probation and he will screw up and serve time eventually.
Lefties think that conservatives applaud injustice against blacks and whites getting off.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I thought conservatives were libertarian leaning? What happened to government out of industry and peoples lives????

Bunch of BS
You don't understand libertarians or REAL conservatives.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:38 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,495,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
If you're a man and you've made your way to age 23 without getting arrested, consider it a win. A new study finds that 38% of white men, 44% of Hispanic men, and 49% of black men have been arrested by that age for non-traffic-related crimes, the AP reports. Researchers looked at annual surveys from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, in which about 7,000 young people self-reported their history.

Half of Black Men Arrested by Age 23 - And roughly 40% of all men have been cuffed by that age: study

If you're a man 16-23 and stay employed or in school, your win is very likely.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:39 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,597,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Guessing any data or study that fits the "Blacks and other minorities Bad - White man good" theme is automatically accepted as unquestionable truth, but any study depicting whites anywhere near being just as bad or worse, must be wrong? So you believe the part about the Black men, but then something went wrong when polling the whites that flagged your B.S. meter? Makes sense being that Blacks are criminals, Mexicans are illegal gang banger, Native Americans were savages (that was before most of them were killed off of course), and Arab are terrorists...
Don't try to paint me with that brush. It's a lazy argument, and I'm not getting into the gutter with you.

Last edited by Rggr; 01-22-2014 at 09:45 AM..

Old 01-22-2014, 08:40 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,141,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If you're a man 16-23 and stay employed or in school, your win is very likely.
Unless you get arrested for waiting for the bus.

Three black students arrested while waiting for school bus in Rochester | syracuse.com

Old 01-22-2014, 08:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,003,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I thought conservatives were libertarian leaning? What happened to government out of industry and peoples lives????

Bunch of BS

Libertarians are the true conservatives. Neo-cons on the other hand PRETEND to be conservative and for small government, unless it's something that they feel "icky" about!

Old 01-22-2014, 09:04 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,690,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
If you're a man and you've made your way to age 23 without getting arrested, consider it a win. A new study finds that 38% of white men, 44% of Hispanic men, and 49% of black men have been arrested by that age for non-traffic-related crimes, the AP reports. Researchers looked at annual surveys from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, in which about 7,000 young people self-reported their history.

Half of Black Men Arrested by Age 23 - And roughly 40% of all men have been cuffed by that age: study
Where is most of the crime in the US? I'm guessing it's in the big inner cities. Since most blacks choose to live in the inner city where the crime is, it stands to reason they would statistically be more likely to be involved in crime. Seems like the likelihood of being involved in crime comes down to where you live.

RACE - The Power of an Illusion . Background Readings | PBS

Across the nation, four out of five whites live outside of the cities and 86 percent of whites live in neighborhoods where minorities make up less than 1 percent of the population. In contrast, 70 percent of Blacks and Latinos live in the cities or inner-ring suburbs.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:47 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,495,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Where is most of the crime in the US? I'm guessing it's in the big inner cities. Since most blacks choose to live in the inner city where the crime is, it stands to reason they would statistically be more likely to be involved in crime. Seems like the likelihood of being involved in crime comes down to where you live.

RACE - The Power of an Illusion . Background Readings | PBS

Across the nation, four out of five whites live outside of the cities and 86 percent of whites live in neighborhoods where minorities make up less than 1 percent of the population. In contrast, 70 percent of Blacks and Latinos live in the cities or inner-ring suburbs.

i don't know how they define 'neighborhood' here. in my experience less than 1 percent minority is uncommon outside of flyover country.

upper middle class suburbs of nyc are generally 1-3 percent black and in the neighborhood of 10 percent asian,

Old 01-22-2014, 10:11 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,829,347 times
I wouldn't consider not being arrested a win, that implies dumb luck was involved. The small majority of young men who were never arrested are simply nicer people.

Many of you that mention marijuana ignore all other crime. I'm not a fan of marijuana but would be happy to do this trade...Legalize marijuana in exchange for much stiffer sentences for more serious crimes. The goal should be to lock up all violent offenders until they are at least age 50. Not having violent offenders circulating among us would make the U.S the safest and most civilized country it's ever been...it would be a near utopia in many aspects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies