Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:24 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You got to catch them doing something illegal. Not something that offends your overdeveloped sense of liberal outrage.
I thought conservatives were libertarian leaning? What happened to government out of industry and peoples lives????

Bunch of BS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 07:24 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Yes, that is why they need the rest of us to sacpegoat for them. So the stereotype continues that minorities are more prone to comitt most of the crime, the police media and other dullards eat the bs and continue spreading the prejudice. The really BIG criminals are the ones you mentioned.
I'm just glad someone else sees the issue. It's infuriating to me to know the risks, know the statistics, and still be lied to by the government and persecuted for it.

Marijuana has been used for thousands of years for medicinal, spiritual, and recreational purposes.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:25 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The part that sent my BS detector on high alert was how high the white arrest rate was relative to the black arrest rate.

We all know the correlations with poverty and of course biases in policing and whatnot so there is no way those ratios are that close together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I was surprised to see that as well. It seemed a little off.
Guessing any data or study that fits the "Blacks and other minorities Bad - White man good" theme is automatically accepted as unquestionable truth, but any study depicting whites anywhere near being just as bad or worse, must be wrong? So you believe the part about the Black men, but then something went wrong when polling the whites that flagged your B.S. meter? Makes sense being that Blacks are criminals, Mexicans are illegal gang banger, Native Americans were savages (that was before most of them were killed off of course), and Arab are terrorists...

Old 01-22-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Or in the White House.
I know!

Obama smoked as a young adult yet is allowing others to be locked up for it. How many politicians are addicted to prescription meds but don't get in trouble because its "prescribed"?

Old 01-22-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
.......and most of those arrests occur in cities with mono-party rule.....which gets 90% of the black vote. Not saying blacks should vote republican btw....just pointing out that the big issue you have here occurs in what are predominantly democratically controlled bastions.

The reality might just be that with such a monolithic voting block, they have no leverage politically and are therefore screwed either way.
I'm not gonna disagree with you on that one. There's lots of Democrats and black politicians who don't have the black community's best interest at hard.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:45 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
.......and most of those arrests occur in cities with mono-party rule.....which gets 90% of the black vote. Not saying blacks should vote republican btw....just pointing out that the big issue you have here occurs in what are predominantly democratically controlled bastions.

The reality might just be that with such a monolithic voting block, they have no leverage politically and are therefore screwed either way.
Blacks do not vote for their interest. They vote against the people who many of them believe are rasist, out to get them, and who could care less about their vote. This is the fault of some Republicans who energize their base by making degrading remarks and push targeted laws, and just about all Democrats and Liberal media who capitalize on that fact by feeding the stereotype that EVERYTHING that Republicans do or say is some how racist... That all it took and takes to get the Black vote and many of them do not even notice or could care less about the fact that Democrats do nothing for them...

Old 01-22-2014, 07:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
No ish.

Don't forget about snorting Coke while you crash the Economy. They don't stop and frisk Wall Street.

Indeed. Cocaine is the drug of choice for the elitists! Perhaps that is why they are so blinded by their greed? From what I've heard blow makes you feel like you're 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Start supporting libertarians.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The people who are ok with our current Police State deserve to have all of their rights stripped and to be deported. It would be much better than giving up our freedoms and great country to their viewpoints.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You forgot to mention that Obama's administration is full of former Wall Streeters.

Support libertarians and end the so called "police state".

Yep. My concern is that the game is rigged anyway. Money talks. Louder than votes. Still something is needed to break the control of the 2 corrupt main parties.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Indeed. Cocaine is the drug of choice for the elitists! Perhaps that is why they are so blinded by their greed? From what I've heard blow makes you feel like you're 10 feet tall and bullet proof.
It's also undetectable after 2 days so they won't fail drug test. Brilliant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies