Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 08:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Wow you're into your conspiracy theories right? Oh not, it COULDN'T be because we actually want to preserve the world for humanity, future generations, and all life?

Yes, I want to preserve the world for humanity, future generations and all life.

That's why I'm a conservationist and hate the AGW alarmists who seek to destroy our planet by diverting funds from environmentalism to the AGW hoax.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
I think the whole debate over climate change is rather stupid, in a sense...the main reason people deny it is because they want an excuse to pollute BUT even if climate change isn't real pollution is not a good thing...just look at China. If it wasn't for the environmental 'lobby' etc and environmentalists America would be no different today. So all you climate change deniers, you're just 'masking' your support for the destruction of the planet and we should all ship you to the industrial cities in China.
rubbish plain and simple. you have no clue as to what us conservatives want. we want sensible regulations, ones that are balanced between what the environment needs, and what man needs. we also want regulations based on real science, not politics.

the problem with alarmists is that they cannot truly prove that climate change in in fact man made. they refuse to look at history beyond 200 years ago, which is about .02 seconds on the geologic clock timescale. if you look further back up to 65 million years ago you will find a definite cooling trend in the global mean temperature. pollution regulation has been good for the planet, but the regulations that the politicians want to put in place for this global warming hoax are just a pure redistribution of wealth from rich countries to poor countries. and two of the largest polluters, china and india, are exempt from the protocols the UN wants instituted.

so until ALL countries have to follow these protocols, and until sensible protocols are put in place, and until REAL proof from reliably neutral sources comes to the front, not the IPCC or any other government sponsored source, you cant prove that the current round of climate change is man made, not when the overwhelming evidence points to a natural occurrence.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, I want to preserve the world for humanity, future generations and all life.

That's why I'm a conservationist and hate the AGW alarmists who seek to destroy our planet by diverting funds from environmentalism to the AGW hoax.
Indeed. If it's bad you work to stop it, not tax it. I never understood how it becomes O.K. once you tax it.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Wow you're into your conspiracy theories right? Oh not, it COULDN'T be because we actually want to preserve the world for humanity, future generations, and all life?

No, it could NOT be. If you were interested in such things, you'd be interested in TRUE SCIENCE and the process of learning, instead of making political arguments about mostly discredited and very dubious theories.

You see, true concern leads one to integrity of discovery. If you knew that the choice of the road you take will lead you to a deadly dangerous situation... or to home safe and sound, you'll be REALLY certain of what road that is before you take it. You won't ask "consensus" of disinterested bystanders, you won't take "averages" of polls, nor will you accept theoretical constructions of maps that fail to correlate to the road you've just been on. You will ignore anyone who is on a mass campaign to make THEIR opinion of what road to take a matter of popularity, rather than something factually proven.

You would not just take the word of people who lie to you and go through great pains to hide from you the source of their knowledge. After all, it's YOUR life on the line, and YOU want to be absolutely certain.

Most warmists have no such concern at all. In fact, most of them are vastly more interested in winning political contests than anything AT ALL to do with the health of our environment. Their criticism is political and often amounts to little more than bullying and attempts to silence or discredit other people.

Meanwhile, vast numbers of people have applied their abilities to the data we have, and have found vast chasms of doubt, obvious fabrications, and large amounts of "guessing, patching, fudging the numbers and ignoring anything that doesn't confirm".

So, no, in NO WAY do I believe the global warming movement is even slightly concerned about those things. They just use them as window dressing in an effort to make themselves appear "more credible" in terms of winning political battles.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Indeed. If it's bad you work to stop it, not tax it. I never understood how it becomes O.K. once you tax it.
It does, if the purpose behind it all is to get money, gain power, and exert control.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:15 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
I think the whole debate over climate change is rather stupid, in a sense...the main reason people deny it is because they want an excuse to pollute BUT even if climate change isn't real pollution is not a good thing...just look at China. If it wasn't for the environmental 'lobby' etc and environmentalists America would be no different today. So all you climate change deniers, you're just 'masking' your support for the destruction of the planet and we should all ship you to the industrial cities in China.
Hear hear!

Warming is just a logical consequence of the Greenhouse Theory. I'm not sure why that's so hard for people to grasp - it could be a comprehension thing.

Last edited by Joe90; 01-21-2014 at 09:36 PM..

Old 01-21-2014, 09:20 PM

878 posts, read 737,569 times
We've had global warming many times that caused massive climate change before humans ever existed. I don't think anyone needs to worry about anything.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
We've had global warming many times that caused massive climate change before humans ever existed. I don't think anyone needs to worry about anything.
We do... lots of things... But man caused global warming isn't high enough on the list to warrant much attention. Perhaps if we find some actual evidence of it, it could move up a few notches from #62,003 to #59,981.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:30 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Wingnuts only believe in science when they find one of the 2% of outliers who get paid by Exxon and express their doubts about what the 98% of researchers who understand and believe in science have agreed upon.

Any discussion of climate change on forums like this one really illustrate the Dumbing Down of America. Enough to give a thinking person a splitting headache. And if the ramifications of climate change are not depressing enough you see attitudes of complete ignorance and only hope such obliviousness is not shared amongst a majority of Americans. The good news is it isnt, except amongst conservatives.

Absolutely the major driver of such behavior is, at its core, selfishness. That is also a conservative trademark and one of their foundational behaviors.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:35 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
I swear....you guys are a religion!!

It was global warming!! Then you moved the goal posts to "climate change" so that no matter what happened you'd have something to yap about!!! LOL

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies