Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM

57,258 posts, read 26,186,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, this thread with Dems trying to prove they are so helpless they can't get a IS is still going?
Don't have to prove anything, the judge already ruled on the great republican idea to win the next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 04:09 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
wer one question putting everything else aside, do you believe that the republicans primary motive was to correct voter fraud or do they have an ulterior motive.
Voter Fraud.

Quote:

Actually 2nd question why did this suddenly become an issue in 2012 and not in the 80's, 90's, early 2000, why the sudden flurry of voter restrictions limiting polling time, ID's closing polling places.
That's like asking why the flurry of Democrat bills at the federal level after 2008. In PA both houses of the legislature and Governor's mansion is controlled by the Republicans after 2010, it's the first time they could get it passed. I would imagine that is the case in many states that took these actions. You do remember what happened in 2010, yes?

Old 01-27-2014, 04:22 PM

57,258 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Voter Fraud.

That's like asking why the flurry of Democrat bills at the federal level after 2008. In PA both houses of the legislature and Governor's mansion is controlled by the Republicans after 2010, it's the first time they could get it passed. I would imagine that is the case in many states that took these actions. You do remember what happened in 2010, yes?
There are plenty of states that could have done this before but waited until 2010 to get started, voter fraud didn't just appear and there have been plenty of republican controlled legislatures. To believe that these restriction were suddenly spurred on by rampant voter fraud would mean that they have proof or facts, they have neither.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, this thread with Dems trying to prove they are so helpless they can't get a IS is still going?
What "IS is still going?"

Old 01-27-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Voter Fraud.

How do you tackle voter fraud if you don't know how much voter fraud happen, and you don't know where voter fraud comes from. This assumption that voter fraud comes from in primarily from in person voting without any real proof to back that statement up is just foolish.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This assumption that voter fraud comes from in primarily from in person voting without any real proof to back that statement up is just foolish.
I never said that did I? Of course neither of us know the answer to that question since there is no way to identify who is voting. The only way you're going to curb voter fraud is by identifying who is voting whether it's in person or absentee ballots. How you integrate that into absentee ballots is problematic however the first step is to implement voter ID at the polls. You have to start somewhere and as I have repeatedly said in the past this is one step in the right direction. It's not the only step.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I never said that did I? Of course neither of us know the answer to that question since there is no way to identify who is voting. The only way you're going to curb voter fraud is by identifying who is voting whether it's in person or absentee ballots. How you integrate that into absentee ballots is problematic however the first step is to implement voter ID at the polls. You have to start somewhere and as I have repeatedly said in the past this is one step in the right direction. It's not the only step.
Do you not address who you are when you go to vote? When I vote in person I always have to sign my name after they find me on their list, and when I vote mail-in ballot it has my name on it and I must sign the sealed ballot for it to be counted. Why is that form of identifying not good enough for you?

Your idea of starting somewhere won't actually do anything instead of give you a false sense of security. Is that all you want from voter fraud is that false sense of security that showing your photo ID when you vote somehow accomplishes something?

Old 01-27-2014, 09:04 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,797,741 times
Quote:
Actually the evidence of voter fraud that exists implicates those with ID. So would not the rational thing be to fix it so those with ID who are not eligible to vote are not allowed to vote?

That of course presumes you wish to improve the voting process and not deny votes to a democratic leaning group.

After we purge those who have ID and should not vote we might consider more rare cases...

Old 01-27-2014, 10:18 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,447,554 times
Quote:
Liberal freaks love argumentum ad ignorantiam, also known as an appeal to ignorance. It is easily countered by pointing out that the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies