Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 06:39 PM

59,574 posts, read 27,700,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So does that mean we should put monitors on every car that issues you a ticket every time you run a stop sign?
Speaking of driving.

I find it ironic that if you get caught driving WITHOUT your license on you, you can get a ticket.

Try telling the cop, Oh I am a legal driver but, don't have my license with my picture on it with me. Let me continue driving without it and no ticket.

Same with voting. "I am a legal registered voter, trust me".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 06:41 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,435,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes how do they prove it if there is no voter ID?

Even one fraudulent vote cancels out my vote. Another fraudulent vote cancels out anthers. And on and on. Why don't we hand the election over to liberals. That is the goal anyway. We are just going through the motions for them to steal the election anyway.
How do they address fraud even with voter ID's or is that the perfect cure.

If there was ever a questionable election it was 2000 and it sure wasn't stolen by liberals.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:44 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,435,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Speaking of driving.

I find it ironic that if you get caught driving WITHOUT your license on you, you can get a ticket.

Try telling the cop, Oh I am a legal driver but, don't have my license with my picture on it with me. Let me continue driving without it and no ticket.

I don't know about your state but if you haven't voted before at a polling place you need to show the registration, if you have voted before you need a signature.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:50 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,250,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I could ask you the same thing, there isn't enough evidence to back up any claim that voter fraud is rampant on the voter end.
Again there is plenty of indicators and rampant isn't even have to be part of this debate when 500 votes can swing a Presidential election.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:56 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,250,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I can tell you this, in PA they use facial recognition. One face, one ID. Because of the relaxed rules on obtaining a voter only ID it would certainly be possible to obtain a fraudulent one however if it's found to be fraudulent in the future they have a picture of you and it also precludes you from ever getting a legitimate one.

Voter ID is not going to solve the entire issue, absentee ballot fraud also need to be addressed.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:57 PM

582 posts, read 782,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
How come signing under penalty of perjury was ok until about 10 years ago?
Because we learned that didn't stop fraud. The same way that it used to be OK to put lead in paint. We learned that wasn't a good idea. The same goes for signatures, we learned that it doesn't work to stop fraud.

Quote:
How come only Republican states are asking for Id?
Your choice - Because those committing the fraud are more likely to help the Democrats than the Republicans, because the Republican think it's a problem so the Democrats automatically say the opposite.

[quote=borregokid;33136890]Why not provide the ID once when you register and then sign under penalty of perjury like has been done for 100 or more years??

Because that does not work. All that does is show that the person that registered was who they stated, it does nothing to show that the person that showed up and voted was the person registered. As for the signing under perjury, that only works after the fact and if you know that fraud was committed. It doesn't do anything to prevent it from occurring in the first place. Unless you are suggesting that everyone's signature be checked at the time of voting against a known good signature. That might stop fraud, however voting would take about 3.5 months to be completed.

Quote:
Now if I decide to let my drivers license expire and ride the bus or live in the sticks I have to drive 40 miles for ID? Thank you Tea Party...you guys should go back to where you came from....under a rock I think...
So your are stating that being personally inconvenienced by having to make a short trip is more important than insuring that our elections are fair and correct. I wonder what those that defied beatings, studies for hours to get their citizenship and the right to vote or endured dangerous day long trips on horseback would say to that.

This is not a Tea Party issue, this is an issue to anyone that wants fair elections.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:00 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,843,913 times
Quote:

If there was ever a questionable election it was 2000 and it sure wasn't stolen by liberals.
Nothing is perfect but at least attempt to have legitimate elections.

Allowing for fraudulent votes because liberals claim "it is TOO HARD" to get a voter ID. Really???

Old 01-22-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Speaking of driving.

I don't know about your state but if you haven't voted before at a polling place you need to show the registration, if you have voted before you need a signature.
That make all the difference. Instead of trust me, it now because "trust me, I'm a legal driver and my name is John Doe. Let me sign a piece of paper saying that. No I would never lie and sign a piece of paper"

Old 01-22-2014, 07:05 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,312,271 times
Quote:
Speaking of driving.

It is the privilege that comes with driving. Maybe we should make a Federal Photo ID card with a microchip in it that allows people to only vote once and must be scanned to vote, wouldn't that solve all your problems with voter fraud?

Old 01-22-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:

All they needed was 600 more dead voters. Luck for us they ran out of dead voters before they reach that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies