Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 07:52 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Bush used Haliburton. Big scandal for those leaning left.
Obama uses Haliburton. No big deal"

And they NEVER complained when Clinton gave Haliburton its FIRST NO BID contract.
No they didn't and never will as long as it is one of their own who is doing it.
The truth of the matter is that for all of GWB's faults he was able to find ways to work with those on the left. I am no fan of GWB and I truly disliked Dick Cheney. That said I really don't see how anyone can describe Obama as a good leader. The man makes weak excuses, blames anyone but himself for failings and lies like a rug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 08:02 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Just think, Bush at 43% was after years of liberal mainstream media bashing. In contrast, with Obama's literal sycophant lapdog media, he gets a 40% and I believe that's really a affirmative action bump. If he was treated like Bush was, Obama would most likely be in the 20% range.

Presidential Job Approval Center
Bush had the media and Hollywood pop culture trying to bring him down, 24/7, while Obama has the media on his side.

It's Obama's own policies which are what are bringing him down.

For example, have you ever seen an NBC anchor read off the names of the soldiers who died in Afghanistan under Obama's watch, or top of the screen banners counting off the numbers of the total killed in action? No, you haven't, but Bush had that, and he had war protesters out front of his ranch. The media, and the war protesters have been careful not to do to Obama what they did to Bush.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:44 AM

511 posts, read 799,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Tea party Check
Medicare check
Military Check
Va Check

Well you are consistent. It can't be that someone simply disagrees with his policies. Nope never, it can only be about race.
Bush used Haliburton. Big scandal for those leaning left.
Obama uses Haliburton. No big deal
Bush and Katrina . Big Scandal, Bush didn't visit soon enough, he didn't care.
Obama and the oil spill. No big deal.
Bush and deficit spending. Bad
Obama and deficit spending. Good for economy.
Bush lies. Bad
Obama lies. What he really meant was.
The list really is endless. The difference is who is making the excuses.
A lot of people have completely forgotten about that oil spill. Obama didn't do a darn thing for 3 months while thousands of gallons of crude dumped into the gulf possibly causing permanent damage. If that had happened under Bush, oh the media would have a field day.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:50 AM

511 posts, read 799,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Bush had the media and Hollywood pop culture trying to bring him down, 24/7, while Obama has the media on his side.

It's Obama's own policies which are what are bringing him down.

For example, have you ever seen an NBC anchor read off the names of the soldiers who died in Afghanistan under Obama's watch, or top of the screen banners counting off the numbers of the total killed in action? No, you haven't, but Bush had that, and he had war protesters out front of his ranch. The media, and the war protesters have been careful not to do to Obama what they did to Bush.
I remember the military coming back to the states saying how frustrating it was that the media never reported anything positive that they were doing over there like rebuilding schools and helping the community.

Also, several major terrorist leaders were taken out during Bush's watch. He didn't gloat about it. Bin Laden gets killed, and Obama acts this was such a great achievement and he crushed terrorism. Bin Laden is dead, and Detroit is alive! So reelect Obama!

It was only symbolic. Terrorism hasn't stopped one bit.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:16 AM

878 posts, read 737,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
For example, have you ever seen an NBC anchor read off the names of the soldiers who died in Afghanistan under Obama's watch, or top of the screen banners counting off the numbers of the total killed in action? No, you haven't, but Bush had that,.
I remember that. I remember watching the end of Nightline and they would scroll the list of soldiers who were killed each day before the end credits would role. I think 'Newshour' on PBS did the same.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Keep telling yourself that. It is common fact that Bush, the ultimate failure, inherited a surplus.

The Budget and Deficit Under Clinton

Clinton’s large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasn’t counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while
Oh brother.. factcheck.com which completely ignores intragovernmental borrowing..

Tell me Raymond, why would you ignore intragovernmental BORROWING, and pretend its not debt..

Old 01-24-2014, 10:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
I'm no fan of Clinton and while he didn't produce a surplus one can say he did better than the last two presidents at not expanding the debt.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm no fan of Clinton and while he didn't produce a surplus one can say he did better than the last two presidents at not expanding the debt.
yes he did.. Clinton cut the growth in federal spending, and cut taxes like capital gains rates from 28% to 20%..

The very things current Democrats suggest will crash the economy..

Old 01-24-2014, 10:52 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Keep in mind that the press gave Bush a free pass on Iraq (they asked no questions going in and asked no questions when we left without wmd`s) but beat Obama silly over a bad web site.
lol I almost passed out .We can always depend on your humor

Old 01-24-2014, 10:53 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
To be fair compared to the last 2 presidents Clinton was blessed with magical powers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies