Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:35 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Yes, sports fans, the AGW alarmists are a total failure. Most of us know that predicting climate change is about as fruitful as a dog chasing cars. This failure would be funny if it were not for the devastating impact the AGW hoax has had on the American middle class.
-------------
Remember the endless stream of dire global warming predictions? Since the 1990s, we have been insulted with lies and wishful thinking about how we had to turn off our air conditioners and park our cars or be complicit in causing the Northeastern states to be wiped away by tidal waves of melted ice caps. Wrong, wrong, wrong! All of them, all but 3%, were lies, as in Penn State and the University of East Anglia lies!

Al Gore and his shrinking band of far left lunatics have now been proven wrong merely by comparing their claims to what has actually happened. The truth is crystal clear and right in front of us.
The machine you are reading this on is killing the Left. They make claims, tell lies, and convince themselves that since no one in the media challenged them, no one will remember what they said two days later. But we do.
A new study by a “group of mean reactionary science purists” at the Journal Nature Climate Change took a look at 117 of the Left’s wild claims. Its results are devastating for Gore and the Left. They show that 114, or 97.4%, of them were wrong. They weren’t just a little “ooops, I hit the wrong number on my computer – wrong but wrong by a you – don’t – know what – in- the – world – you’re –are talking – about” wrong. The average “mistake” was an overstatement of global warming by double actual reality.

Read more at Global warming predictions proven wrong 97.4% of the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 08:12 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Hey look, it seems your right-wing friends sent you a link to a new blog. Do we get to watch you pretend your right-wing blogs have merit and/or weight now?

Ah well, at least I got a chuckle and a new status line out of it, so your blog isn't totally worthless.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:13 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Wow, swing and a miss.

They found that a single simulator group (CMIP5) was wrong in that global warming was not as fast as it predicted in the simulations starting in 2010. (Link to the actual study) As the similator increased in time frame, the errors compounded...which is pretty standard for statistics when you screw the pooch. The paper doesn't say that climate change is wrong, at the end their opinion is that the "Use of state-of-the-art statistical methods could substantially improve the quantification of uncertainty in assessments of climate change."

It's a scientific opinion piece that this one simulator could use better methodology, and some one ran with it thinking it disproved global warming because they didn't understand what they read.

It doesn't invalidate data before, or other studies that don't use the simulator.

There is also no evidence Al Gore or Michael Mann had anything to do with this simulator group.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:13 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Hey look, it seems your right-wing friends sent you a link to a new blog. Do we get to watch you pretend your right-wing blogs have merit and/or weight now?
You are in your usual form; attack the source when you cannot refute the facts. Just what we expected.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Looks like he hit a nerve with you.

Cannot refute the message so you attack the messenger, typical

Old 01-28-2014, 08:19 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Here, let me help the lefties out...

You're racist....

Old 01-28-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It's a scientific opinion piece that this one simulator could use better methodology, and some one ran with it thinking it disproved global warming because they didn't understand what they read.
Happens a lot around here.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~shs/Climate...20estimate.pdf

This is the link to the actual study for anyone who wishes to read the study without the Republican political garbage trying to spoon feed you their version of the information.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Looks like he hit a nerve with you.

Cannot refute the message so you attack the messenger, typical
You sure whine about me a lot. I find everything you say to be worthless, so I'm putting you on my ignore list. I'm telling you this as a courtesy, so you don't waste any more of your time talking to me. Treasure it.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:34 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
You sure whine about me a lot. I find everything you say to be worthless, so I'm putting you on my ignore list. I'm telling you this as a courtesy, so you don't waste any more of your time talking to me. Treasure it.
What happens when confronted with the truth....

Run away....run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies