Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 06:11 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,747,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have posted countless of studies, and they are always ignored, but I am not here to change the minds of hard core users, or pro-potters. I post for the benefit of those who read to educate themselves. Keep posting facts. People do read them

Netherlands Closing 19 Prisons Due to Lack of Criminals | Johnson County Justice Center what was all the bull crap you were saying about the Netherlands

Old 02-02-2014, 06:12 PM

13,308 posts, read 7,886,389 times
Pot is not a drug, it is an herb.

It is used in chicken batter.

Drugs are made in labs.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:12 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,724,963 times
Can you prove that Holland has had a "massive explosion in crime"? Source? Cannabis makes people non-violent if anything will, so how is that bad? How many murders have there been in the coffee shops of Holland? Cannabis can treat 124 medical conditions rxmarijuana dot com/ Why is that bad?

Mental illness can be very well controlled by cannabis, making us all safer. It takes the anger out of people if anything can.

Quote:
If the Holland example happens in US, then we are talking about a heck of a lot more than consenting adults making their on decisions. We are talking about massive explosion in crime, which will infringe on everyones freedoms. So yes, it would definitely harm everyone, and the government has a constitutional mandate to keep that from happening.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:14 PM

11,152 posts, read 10,732,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
As I predicted, anything I post which shows marijuana unfavorably will either be rejected or will be called "biased." I am not surprised. It was an article in the Reader's Digest, which reprints articles. I can look it up and post the original source, but would it be accepted? Highly unlikely.
Post valid links which specifically attribute these issues to marijuana use, then. So far, you've tried to use sources which clearly state that the results are inconclusive as your "proof".

Old 02-02-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Pot is not a drug, it is an herb.

It is used in chicken batter.

Drugs are made in labs.

never had pot chicken before, that sounds like a good recipe

Old 02-02-2014, 06:18 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,254,842 times
Quote:
"There is no failure except in no longer trying.”
Elbert Hubbard

I favor changing the sentencing guidelines since the prison overcrowding argument is the only valid pro-pot argument.
Make it tougher with hard labor.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:21 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,724,963 times
Most use alcohol, tobacco, pills, caffeine, etc before cannabis. "Marijuana" (foreign slang) isn't as harmful as alcohol. 0 deaths in over 1 billion users since our earliest recorded history. Please see Granny Storm Crow's list for about 1,200 studies not biased by money.

You know rehab clinics that want to make billions treating fake or non-fatal addictions are not people that tell the truth or care about others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Alcohol is another subject. For many people, marijuana is the real gateway drug. And two wrongs don't make a right.

The info I posted about that rehab clinic still stands, no matter how much others want to spin in.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Make it tougher with hard labor.

T,310 the guy that had a brother killed by alcohol is bashing weed smokers I would think you would hate booze more than the safer drug pot... what a hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2014, 06:25 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,254,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
T,310 the guy that had a brother killed by alcohol is bashing weed smokers I would think you would hate booze more than the safer drug pot... what a hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
We have enough legal intoxicants. We don't need anymore.

And I will bash burnouts and their ridiculous penchant for wrecking their health.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Did Holland allow growing marijuana? Nope.
Did Holland say that marijuana is legal or just that less than a certain amount would not be prosecuted?

Apples and avocados.
You can grow up to five plants, and the initial intent was to sell small amounts out of home grown plants, but of course it did not work out that way. Unintended consequences, which is exactly what US will also experience. Holland government said more than just that they would not prosecute, they said you can sell it if you applied for a government license. It is essentially legal, which sets Holland apart from other EU countries which have simply decriminalized pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies