Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:59 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Some of us are farther removed from that plant-like ancestor than others, though.
I'll admit my own brain seems to be evolving towards a vegetative state after reading some of the posts in this thread.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:53 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Quoted just to emphasize the ridiculousness.

A monkey and a BANANA??? You really think that's evolution?

No ... that's what you think .... I am certain that the entire idea is absurd beyond words.

Maybe it is you who doesn't understand what evolution is? So I suppose I shall have to explain to you what you believe in so strongly ... maybe, once it is adequately explained, you'll rethink the whole idea?

You see ... I use the monkey and banana analogy to illustrate the asinine nature of "common decent". Are you not familiar with this term? Because it is the kingpin of evolution theory, which claims that ALL ORGANIC LIFE shares a common ancestor ... that ancestor being a single celled organism which through countless genetic mutations, and natural selection evolved into all of the multitude of organic life that exists and has ever existed on this earth, from dinosaurs to palm trees to wall street stock brokers! THAT IS EVOLUTION THEORY, WISE AZZ!

So, when I say that evolution clains that a monkey and a banana share a common ancestor, THAT IS THE CLAIM ... though I'm leaving a few BILLION others off the list because of space and time restrictions.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:08 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Like thinking women have one more rib than men? Kind of like that? You're right. Illogical and asinine.

Sound familiar?
And you still think I was serious .. or .. maybe ... you just so badly want to believe that, or have others believe it?

In any event, the reality is, not only is this a demonstration of your own density, but also illustrates that you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING insofar as a sound argument ... of course, that's been evident from the beginning.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:02 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What is clear is that SOME human beings can be brainwashed to believe the most illogical and assinine things imaginable, including the absurdly prepostrous notion that a monkey and a banana both share a common ancestor .... you just have to trace back a ways

This you believe is a demonstration of your superior intellect ... which may be the saddest part of all ... considering that the monkey probably has better sense .... I submit that perhaps even the banana does too. In fact, i'd place a substantial wager on it!
Uh huh.

Like you link to Young Earth Creationist websites to support your views?

Old 02-20-2014, 05:04 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I have a nice little evolutionists rhyme for your enjoyment:

"Darwin says there ain't much difference between him and a donkey ....

Bout as much difference between an ape and a monkey ....

Now Darwin should be smarter as a general rule .....

But in an IQ test, I'll take the mule"!
Of course you would.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:21 AM

924 posts, read 667,503 times
The level of stupidity in this thread is astounding.

The same people here ascribing their whole life based on a fairytale are the ones lambasting truthers for being wacko conspiracy theorists.

No wonder the political system is so dysfunctional, nobody can even think anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies