Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:15 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,033,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Soooo...you're PRO kids smoking then? LOL

No I'd say we are anti-stupidity

Stupid is as stupid does, and the government has been on a stupidity binge with all these commercials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Thank you for validating my post
How freakin' good was that timing? Awesome!

I swear, if the government told some of these bots that eatin crap was good for you, they'd defend the notion. Critical thinking skills have been removed from 1/2 a generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,419,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
No I'd say we are anti-stupidity

Stupid is as stupid does, and the government has been on a stupidity binge with all these commercials.

How freakin' good was that timing? Awesome!

I swear, if the government told some of these bots that eatin crap was good for you, they'd defend the notion. Critical thinking skills have been removed from 1/2 a generation.
Perhaps it would have helped if I had added a snark tag?

Look. Im a parent. Read the earlier post. I dont view these as wasteful. Shrug.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:43 AM

Add on the IRS awarding $65 Million in bonuses for what? WTH is that about?

NO PUBLIC EMPLOYEE deserves a bonus of any sort. They work for us because they can't work in the public sector.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:

Look, I'm a parent as well. Snark? Okay, so I should have read your mind? You're backtracking off your post, because you got called out.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:59 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,419,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Look, I'm a parent as well. Snark? Okay, so I should have read your mind? You're backtracking off your post, because you got called out.
lol, you should read more of my posts. thats snark.

Called on it? please. Im pretty sure you arent pro smoking-maybe pro choice to do it (which I agree with). But I will stand behind my belief that this is a good use of money.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:20 AM

24,449 posts, read 23,132,567 times
Henry Winkler helped do a particularly effective and ground breaking Child Safety ad back in the early 1980s. Dressed as The Fonz he taught children not to scream if abducted or in danger but to loudly go " UHHHHHHHHHHHH".
"UHHHHHHHHHH" They meant well.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:28 AM

30,355 posts, read 23,822,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Why don't they just outlaw the sale of tobacco products to children?
Oh, wait, isn't that ALREADY ILLEGAL??
Well, since it is well known that good little girls and boys do NOT EVER break the LAW, there is no need to convince them to not use the garbage, is there?

I still contend that tobacco growing, possession, and use should be illegal.
Just outlaw the junk and be done with it.
In fact, let's go all the way, and 90 days after the law goes into effect, make it open season on smokers. As soon as they light up, kill'em. end of problem.
Will the same hold true for pot heads?

Old 02-05-2014, 10:31 AM

30,355 posts, read 23,822,047 times
Quote:

Kids are going to take one look at that photo of that young girl and say, "That's Photoshopped" and laugh it off.

If they wanted to make any sort of impact, why didn't they choose a real young person with all of those wrinkles and browned teeth?

Old 02-05-2014, 10:58 AM

9,884 posts, read 11,002,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Will the same hold true for pot heads?
Don't be silly. Of course not! I had a pack and a half per day habit for about 40 years, until the state decided to put a $1 per pack tax on cigarettes to pay for "the Children's Health Insurance Program".
Since I refused to pay the tax, I smoked what I had, then quit. I have been tobacco free ever since.
However, I have never used marijuana. I do know that it was made illegal based partly on a lie (google it, it is true!), and I have read that it does not cause most of the problems associated with smoking tobacco, and it no longer has the stigma that tobacco use does. I also know that hemp was included with marijuana, even though it has a very low level of THC in it, and it is VERY valuable as a fiber (rope, cloth, etc.).
I have no problem with marijuana, but I find the constant bombardment of anti-tobacco stuff we now get to be both annoying and humorous.
Now, "they" are starting on being overweight, and sugar consumption.
Silly people. LIFE is a terminal illness. We are ALL going to die! Leave us alone, and allow us to enjoy ourselves as best we can. If that enjoyment shortens our lives, that is OUR problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies