Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What was she gonna do? The rest of the right wing world went balistic...Where was their sence of humor?
I agree. What was done to Palin wasn't anything that hasn't been to politicians for ages. I thought it was funny.

Politicians have been compared to monkey's for ages also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 09:52 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,015,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Saturday Night Live executive producer’s latest comments on emotionally-charged liberals are PRICELESS | Young Conservatives

Don't know if this was posted before, I searched and found nothing. Just thought it was interesting... From an interview with SNL Executive Producer Lorne Michaels.

''Republicans are easier for us than Democrats. Democrats tend to take it personally, Republicans think it's funny. ''

Do you think this is a showcase of one of the primary differences between Liberal Democrats and Conservative Republicans?

It's a bit of a generalization, but I often notice that many liberals are overly sensitive about politics and often get offended when you express a different opinion.
Conservatives take things way less personal but just aren't really all that funny. I mean their jokes aren't as witty and original. I take some of that back because I love good ol country humor and wit but that's not political.

Regardless, I find a lot of conservatives taking friendly jabs better and understand my humor because its honest and a bit dark. Its Texas keepin it real like humor which a lot of Californians just find too off the wall, too brutal or sometimes too insensitive.

Liberals I find are way more funny but I hate that they lace their jokes with too many pop culture references, try way too hard to be witty and think they have to entertain as if a camera was on them in the room. It's not kick laid back just shootin' the **** type of humor.

My favorite funny men are either black or liberals from the south like Danny McBride or Aziz Ansari.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:05 AM

924 posts, read 667,503 times
How come I can't say "happy holidays" without declaring a war on Christmas if right wingers are so easy going?

Old 02-08-2014, 10:07 AM

924 posts, read 667,503 times
Top 5 conservative comedians:

1. Blue collar comedy member 1
2. Blue collar comedy member 2
3. blue collar comedy member 3
4. Blue collar comedy member 4
5. Glenn beck

Old 02-08-2014, 10:08 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I bet Jerry Seinfield would agree and he's a liberal.
Jerry never told what he though when Gretcen Carlson flipped out over the use of a "Fesitvus" pole.

She sure wasn't in a laughing mood...

Old 02-08-2014, 10:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
How come I can't say "happy holidays" without declaring a war on Christmas if right wingers are so easy going?
Nobody cares if you say "Happy Holidays". The complaints are when others are told they can not say "Merry Christmas".

Old 02-08-2014, 10:14 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's not that difficult to understand. For many it is their religion. Look at how upset those with religious beliefs get when someone pokes fun of them. It's the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Errr....there is a big big difference between satire about politics and poking fun at people over their race, religion, orientation etc.

I mean making fun of Romney for a tax plan would be a completely different animal than mocking his Mormon heritage. Ditto for having a sketch showing Obamacares hiccups would be one thing....but having someone pretending to be a witchdoctor....eh, pretty offensive. k:
Not to put words in pknopp's mouth......But, Ummm, did you hear that thing whizz by over your head when you read pknopp's post?

That was a POINT.

The POINT being that for many on the left, their political beliefs in big government, nanny state progressive-ism is literally like a religion to them, so when you make fun of a Liberals beliefs, or a left leaning politician such as Obama, it's like making fun of their God.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:15 AM

312 posts, read 494,548 times
Well I guess Sean Penn's an example of that. XD

Old 02-08-2014, 10:17 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You didn't think Will Ferrell was funny?
I haven't ever though Will Ferrell was funny in anything except "Cow Bell"

Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen View Post
Well I guess Sean Penn's an example of that. XD
You changed Baldwin to Penn...????

You must have remembered Baldwin's SNL classic Scheddy Balls...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies