Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 07:43 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times

Advertisements

Saturday Night Live executive producer’s latest comments on emotionally-charged liberals are PRICELESS | Young Conservatives

Don't know if this was posted before, I searched and found nothing. Just thought it was interesting... From an interview with SNL Executive Producer Lorne Michaels.

''Republicans are easier for us than Democrats. Democrats tend to take it personally, Republicans think it's funny. ''

Do you think this is a showcase of one of the primary differences between Liberal Democrats and Conservative Republicans?

It's a bit of a generalization, but I often notice that many liberals are overly sensitive about politics and often get offended when you express a different opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,111,930 times
I'm a conservative and really love SNL. I even go so far as to not make plans on Saturday nights to just relax and watch it. Many conservatives hate Seth Meyers for his smug, liberal, NYC-centric view on Weekend Update, but I find his satire hilarious. But he actually takes plenty of shots at Obama. And when he does that, I can imagine liberals getting their panties twisted over it.

The difference is that their jokes about conservatives tend to focus on the irony of our ideology itself, while their jokes about liberals are more on-the-surface, based on something Barack or Joe happened to say or do.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Saturday Night Live executive producer’s latest comments on emotionally-charged liberals are PRICELESS | Young Conservatives

Don't know if this was posted before, I searched and found nothing. Just thought it was interesting... From an interview with SNL Executive Producer Lorne Michaels.

''Republicans are easier for us than Democrats. Democrats tend to take it personally, Republicans think it's funny. ''

Do you think this is a showcase of one of the primary differences between Liberal Democrats and Conservative Republicans?

It's a bit of a generalization, but I often notice that many liberals are overly sensitive about politics and often get offended when you express a different opinion.
It's not that difficult to understand. For many it is their religion. Look at how upset those with religious beliefs get when someone pokes fun of them. It's the same thing.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:01 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:

Often because liberals are personally invested in the things they think - if you reject something, they take it personally. Like an artist who reacts angrily over criticism of their work - it's personal.

It's also why when people say "Obamacare will raise rates and decrease overall benefits relative to those rates" the response is "Why do you hate the poor?" rather than make any attempt to refute it. It is a mindset of "If you're not with me, you're a bad person".

Old 02-08-2014, 08:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Many are too emotional and take it personally and become "offended".
Take comedy for what it is and have a good laugh.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:06 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
SNL hasn't been worth watching for at least 30 years.

That said, Michaels is correct. Look at how libs screech over every little thing, and insist everybody be politically correct. Shoot, you can't even serve watermelon without them accusing the server of being racist.

Political correctness is destroying thinking brains.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
SNL hasn't been worth watching for at least 30 years.
It's improved since Will Ferrell left.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:13 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's improved since Will Ferrell left.
You didn't think Will Ferrell was funny?

Old 02-08-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You didn't think Will Ferrell was funny?
Not even a little. It's no big deal......just an opinion.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:25 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
That's easy! We conservatives and Tea Party guys and dolls have been called every name in the book and even as far to call us a traitor for not embracing the President's Policies and his Administration's US Const. Breaches.

We just choose our battles wisely and let the stupid people put foot in month! Chris Mathews and Rachael Maddow almost do it daily and one could even set one's watch for the next bias comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies