Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 09:16 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Heeeere comes the threatened pen! A new extension of the delay to the employer mandate has a hidden prize in it. Obama telling companies they MUST get "permission" to fire someone from of all places the IRS! Imagine how that'd work out for a conservative owned company or a non-Obama friendly (donor) company?
This should concern people greatly.

Here's the new rule:

To be eligible for the additional delay, the Obama administration says an employer “may not reduce the size of its workforce or the overall hours of service of its employees” unless it can justify those reductions to the Internal Revenue Service.
See more at: Companies Must Justify Their Workforce Decisions Under Obama
key words:

To be eligible for the additional delay

if an employer doesn't want to be eligible, then they don't have to apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 09:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Yeah..because to not have to pay the penalty is now a "tax benefit"..lol

Old 02-11-2014, 09:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Extortion. It's the Chicago way.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
I really can't believe this. I know it's true but this President thinks he's Joe Stalin.

"Obama officials made clear in a press briefing that firms would not be allowed to lay off workers to get into the preferred class of those businesses with 50 to 99 employees. How will the feds know what employers were thinking when hiring and firing? Simple. Firms will be required to certify to the IRS – under penalty of perjury – that ObamaCare was not a motivating factor in their staffing decisions. To avoid ObamaCare costs you must swear that you are not trying to avoid ObamaCare costs. You can duck the law, but only if you promise not to say so."

Thought Police: Firms must swear ObamaCare not a factor in firings | Fox News

You know what? If I was laying off employees, I'd hand them a copy of the news article and say "I'm not firing you because of this. I'm firing you because you dumbasses voted for him and I don't want dumbasses working for me."

You know, I'm starting to think he's deliberately handing the two houses to the GOP.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:34 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I really can't believe this. I know it's true but this President thinks he's Joe Stalin.

"Obama officials made clear in a press briefing that firms would not be allowed to lay off workers to get into the preferred class of those businesses with 50 to 99 employees. How will the feds know what employers were thinking when hiring and firing? Simple. Firms will be required to certify to the IRS – under penalty of perjury – that ObamaCare was not a motivating factor in their staffing decisions. To avoid ObamaCare costs you must swear that you are not trying to avoid ObamaCare costs. You can duck the law, but only if you promise not to say so."

Thought Police: Firms must swear ObamaCare not a factor in firings | Fox News

You know what? If I was laying off employees, I'd hand them a copy of the news article and say "I'm not firing you because of this. I'm firing you because you dumbasses voted for him and I don't want dumbasses working for me."
what about the employees that didn't vote for bammers?

Old 02-11-2014, 09:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Obama is the Bernie Madoff of Politics. Before he became President he was broke. Today he's a multimillionaire and put more middle class families on food stamps and poverty than any other President in history.

A worthless President, and America knows it. Even the slobbering liberal left. They're just to embarrassed to admit it.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:37 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Since the idiot in the WH polarized Congress, all he has is his rule by decree.

The other side of the coin is anything he signs can be unsigned instantly by his successor.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,602 times

Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 AM

423 posts, read 415,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
It is time to move some of your nest egg outside the US.
Already done...part and parcel.

I no longer trust our government to allow me to enjoy the money I work for. I DO however trust them to do everything in their power to hand it off to someone who refuses to work for theirs.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama is the Bernie Madoff of Politics. Before he became President he was broke. Today he's a multimillionaire and put more middle class families on food stamps and poverty than any other President in history.

A worthless President, and America knows it. Even the slobbering liberal left. They're just to embarrassed to admit it.
If everyone would just put away the blue and red glasses we would see the plutacracy that has formed in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies