Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 05:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Good luck with that one sheriff. I suspect the "leaders" will be more upset that you even bothered to request their help in the first place.

Quote:
TAMPA (FOX 13) -
Hillsborough County's sheriff is reaching out to local African-American leaders after "unprecedented incidents of violence and disorder" that forced deputies to shut down the Florida State Fair early on Friday night.

Deputies say dozens if not hundreds of teens were involved in a "wilding" event at the fair's opening night, fighting with each other while assaulting and robbing other fairgoers. The chaos got so bad that the 200 deputies on hand could not contain it, Sheriff David Gee wrote.

Ninety-nine people were ejected, and 12 were arrested.

"The unruliness and misbehavior overwhelmed the resources and jeopardized the safety of everyone at the fair," Gee insisted in a letter to several African-American leaders.

Copies of Gee's plea for help were sent to James Cole, president of the Sheriff's Black Advisory Council; Dr. Carolyn Collins, president of the Hillsborough NAACP; and Dr. James Favorite, pastor of Beulah Baptist Church.

"The overwhelming number of youth and young adults arrested or ejected from the midway for misconduct were African-American," Gee explained, "and I recognize the responsibility to address this issue and ensure the circumstances are not repeated in the future."

Read more: Sheriff looks to black leaders for State Fair help - FOX 13 News
Follow us: @myfoxtampabay on Twitter | FOX13TampaBay on Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 05:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
IMHO that's a MUCH bigger deal for American Black people than some being mad over watermelon and fried chicken being served during Black History Week.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:18 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,552,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO that's a MUCH bigger deal for American Black people than some being mad over watermelon and fried chicken being served during Black History Week.
So, all African Americans should take up the same cause?

Old 02-11-2014, 06:42 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Yes, because whenever individual black people behave badly it is an indictment of all black people. It is proof that something is wrong with us that is somehow related to our skin color, and that means we have to address it as a race of people.

How many times do white people act a fool all over this nation?

Yet would anyone ever hint that because some white teens acted a fool at some event that white leaders or white people have to all focus on that incident and fix the white race or fix white people.

It continues to be true that the racial narrative in this nation is that black people need to be fixed. The black race is messed up in a way that is tied to their skin color.

This is a very old argument and way of thinking about black people.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes, because whenever individual black people behave badly it is an indictment of all black people. It is proof that something is wrong with us that is somehow related to our skin color, and that means we have to address it as a race of people.

Yet would anyone ever hint that because some white teens acted a fool at some event that white leaders or white people have to all focus on that incident and fix the white race or fix white people.

It continues to be true that the racial narrative in this nation is that black people need to be fixed. The black race is messed up in a way that is tied to their skin color.

Ok; do YOU have any better ideas here? I'm 100 percent sure that Dr King wasn't wanting this sort of "attitude" from "his" own race almost 50 years before he was murdered. So many Blacks and anglo whites DIED fighting the racist fools for education and civil rights way back in the day and now this nonsense?! It's like the hood rats in 2014 WANT to "keep" the Black man in his "place", not the KKK and their pals.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:49 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Ok; do YOU have any better ideas here? I'm 100 percent sure that Dr King wasn't wanting this sort of "attitude" from "his" own race almost 50 years before he was murdered. So many Blacks and anglo whites DIED fighting the racist fools for education and civil rights and now this nonsense?! It's like the hood rats in 2014 WANT to "keep" the Black man in his "place", not the KKK and their pals.
Your rant only proves my point. Smh.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This isn't 'individual black people'. This is a LARGE MOB of black people, most likely all young blacks. And this isn't just one or a few incidents. This is one of HUNDREDS of such incidents that have occured in recent years where groups of black youth either attack random people or go on a robbing spree in packs.

Its exceedingly frustrating and maddening to hear blacks and their apologists CONTINUALLY try to downplay and minimize these kinds of incidents as not being a big deal and not occurring very often when clearly its quite the opposite.

Quote:
No one ever said that white people don't act like fools as well, BUT its an extremely rare occurance to ever hear of a story where white youth randomly beat up black people just for the hell of it. For every such incident, I guarantee you'll find at least 20 that involve blacks doing the same thing.

Quote:
The problem is that 13% black population continually commit these kinds of crimes on a fairly frequent basis on a national scale while the other 87% non-black population very rarely commit such crimes. So you tell me which group of people requires more attention?

Quote:

A very large portion of blacks in America DO need to be 'fixed'. The fact that people like you can't admit that this problem exists on a very significant scale is both disturbing and saddening at the same time. Its like an alcoholic that won't admit that they drink in excess and need help.

And NO this problem isn't because of skin color. Its because a very large portion of people who raise their kids poorly happen to be black. And yes most of the problems that blacks have DOES come down to extremely poor parenting and to a lesser extent black culture.

You can try and make excuses all you want, but the plain and simple fact is that many, MANY black parents do an utterly poor job of raising their kids and incidents like the one in this news story is the result of that bad parenting. So many black kids don't have a chance in hell when their parents are so ghetto and violent themselves and don't care and are too lazy to raise their kids properly to be decent human beings. Its just so sad that blacks continually allow this to happen generation after generation without giving enough of a damn to ever change things and as result not only do they suffer greatly from it, but non-blacks suffer greatly as well.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
I'm black and this ain't my problem nor is it my business.

The guy got elected to become sheriff...earn your pay and come up with a solution to the problem.

If you're black and don't live there..not your problem.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:34 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm black and this ain't my problem nor is it my business.

The guy got elected to become sheriff...earn your pay and come up with a solution to the problem.

If you're black and don't live there..not your problem.
The solution the sheriff is trying to avoid is riot shields, batons and tear gas.

I would think you would be supporting a non violent resolution to this issue.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The solution the sheriff is trying to avoid is riot shields, batons and tear gas.

I would think you would be supporting a non violent resolution to this issue.
I'm not supporting anything. This is a problem for the people in that Florida county. I live in Cochise County Arizona and what happens in Florida is none of my business.

So what you "would think" is immaterial here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies