Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times

Advertisements

why do you feel the government is more efficient to run banking( not yet anyway), health care, schools, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 09:00 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
People coming up now (progressives) were raised without a family or God. The next authoritative figure in line is the Government.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:02 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
People coming up now (progressives) were raised without a family or God. The next authoritative figure in line is the Government.
True. The village raised them and now they expect the village to take care of them.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:02 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
why do you feel the government is more efficient to run banking( not yet anyway), health care, schools, etc?
As long as the government is controlled by the people and not lobbyists, then it executes the will of the American people, rather than the will of the very minute number of people who own banks or insurance companies, etc.

As far as schools go, the US used to have the best public schools in the world, and then Republicans started defunding them so that now they're a laughing stock. After doing this, they declared them a failure.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I was raised with a family and with god. I still have my family and love them dearly, but my life experiences led me to realize that religion and faith aren't for me.

I'm not looking for government to replace my family or give me a god substitute; this is a very simple assumption to make, almost farcical. I want the government to do its job and take care of the American people.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 AM

hardly. Progressives are more focused on letting technology do everything for students. no more learning math, telling time using analog clocks or God forbid handwriting to name a few. Also, making sure all kids "feel good" and get promoted to the next grade regardless if they can do the material.
Oh and lets not forget the progressive cherry on the icing, disruptive kids need to be in a classroom regardless if they are disrupting the other students preventing them from learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
As long as the government is controlled by the people and not lobbyists, then it executes the will of the American people, rather than the will of the very minute number of people who own banks or insurance companies, etc.

As far as schools go, the US used to have the best public schools in the world, and then Republicans started defunding them so that now they're a laughing stock. After doing this, they declared them a failure.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:

Prove Republicans defunded Public Schools and if so how that caused the decline in the American Education System.

The United States spent more than $11,000 per elementary student in 2010 and more than $12,000 per high school student. When researchers factored in the cost for programs after high school education such as college or vocational training, the United States spent $15,171 on each young person in the system — more than any other nation covered in the report.

That sum inched past some developed countries and far surpassed others. Switzerland's total spending per student was $14,922 while Mexico averaged $2,993 in 2010. The average OECD nation spent $9,313 per young person.

As a share of its economy, the United States spent more than the average country in the survey. In 2010, the United States spent 7.3 percent of its gross domestic product on education, compared with the 6.3 percent average of other OECD countries. Denmark topped the list on that measure with 8 percent of its gross domestic product going toward education.

Spending, of course, only tells part of the story and does not guarantee students' success. The United States routinely trails its rival countries in performances on international exams despite being among the heaviest spenders on education.

U.S. education spending tops global list, study shows - CBS News

Old 02-12-2014, 09:07 AM

and when you say take care of the American people, what do you mean exactly?

Quote:
I was raised with a family and with god. I still have my family and love them dearly, but my life experiences led me to realize that religion and faith aren't for me.

I'm not looking for government to replace my family or give me a god substitute; this is a very simple assumption to make, almost farcical. I want the government to do its job and take care of the American people.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:

Quote:
I want the government to do its job and take care of the American people.
Well you do not understand self reliance and the role of Government.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
hardly. Progressives are more focused on letting technology do everything for students. no more learning math, telling time using analog clocks or God forbid handwriting to name a few. Also, making sure all kids "feel good" and get promoted to the next grade regardless if they can do the material.
Oh and lets not forget the progressive cherry on the icing, disruptive kids need to be in a classroom regardless if they are disrupting the other students preventing them from learning.
Conjecture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies