Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 09:57 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times

Advertisements

Would you encourage your members of congress to say to the Repubs, who are more interested in the corporate status quo than making health care acessable for all, if you agree to let Obama's plans go thru, we'll include a provision that, for example, kills card check, expanded gun rights or even more restrictions on abortions?......(positions that are extremely important for the cons, collectively speaking.
I personally would not have too much of an issue with that.
Having affordable, non profit, even partially run government national health care for everyone, is that important to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 06:46 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Would you encourage your members of congress to say to the Repubs, who are more interested in the corporate status quo than making health care acessable for all, if you agree to let Obama's plans go thru, we'll include a provision that, for example, kills card check, expanded gun rights or even more restrictions on abortions?......(positions that are extremely important for the cons, collectively speaking.
Having affordable, non profit, even partially run government national health care for everyone, is that important to me.
I read a post like this and am left scratching my head. Whence comes this faith in government to run anything as important as health care? Where is the track record that inspires such confidence? Amazing, truly amazing!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I read a post like this and am left scratching my head. Whence comes this faith in government to run anything as important as health care? Where is the track record that inspires such confidence? Amazing, truly amazing!
I don't know why I keep answering this question but here we go again. Post Office, FBI, CIA, Military, Medicare to name a few.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:27 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Crazy idea.

They'll just "agree", then lie and oppose it at vote-count.

Besides this is a Progressive vs Corporate Dem issue, anyway.

GOP took themselves out of any debate early on.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't know why I keep answering this question but here we go again. Post Office, FBI, CIA, Military, Medicare to name a few.
Well, Obama blew your first example out of the water at his love fest in Portsmouth, NH. I'll give you the FBI, the CIA and the military. There's a reason those agencies work: they represent the core obligation of government--national security. Medicare is broke. And it is being used by the government to break the rest of our health care system. Nice try.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Well, Obama blew your first example out of the water at his love fest in Portsmouth, NH. I'll give you the FBI, the CIA and the military. There's a reason those agencies work: they represent the core obligation of government--national security. Medicare is broke. And it is being used by the government to break the rest of our health care system. Nice try.
The military??

Even worked for/ been in the military??

It's the ultimate beauracracy.

CIA has worked so well, we're hated in most of the world because of 'em.

Medicare has lower costs than private insurance, which is why the industry and their lackies- GOP and Blue Shield Democrats have been given an ultimatum:

Stop public option or no more bribes.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
The military??

Even worked for/ been in the military??

It's the ultimate beauracracy.

CIA has worked so well, we're hated in most of the world because of 'em.

Medicare has lower costs than private insurance, which is why the industry and their lackies- GOP and Blue Shield Democrats have been given an ultimatum:

Stop public option or no more bribes.
Yes, I served in the military. It accomplishes the missions to which it is assigned, unlike most other government agencies. Medicare has lower costs only because it uses government muscle to force health care providers to accept below cost payment for people on Medicare. The result is that those costs are passed on to the rest of us. As for the CIA I don't particularly care about what the rest of the world thinks of us. And neither should the CIA. Their job is to keep us safe. If it does that that's all I'm concerned about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies