Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 10:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
if you had read my post you would have understood that I in no way made that claim. In fact I made sure I did not make that claim.

I would never make the claim that Hetrosexual attributes of attraction is based on a gene.

Attributes or charateristics of sexual attraction is not the same as sexual orientation.
Oh, you've made that leap have you? It's all related to personal sexual attraction, unless you think there is also a gene for pitchers, catches and switch hitters too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 10:19 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
What? you are fishing again and failing. How is the attributes of sexual attraction not the same as sexual orientation? If one is attracted to men and is male, then their sexual orientation is homosexual, same goes for heterosexuals and bisexuals? Do you even read what you write before you post it?
Please if you going to try to slam me, please do me the courtesy of reading my posts and the entire conversation before you post.

if is obvious by your post that you did understand the context in which I used the word "attribute[s]".

Old 02-18-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Oh, you've made that leap have you? It's all related to personal sexual attraction, unless you think there is also a gene for pitchers, catches and switch hitters too?
I explained clearly to you...if you wish to keep falsely claiming I did... what I did not do, Knock yourself out.

Never did I say there is a gay gene. If I did... put up and post it or shut up.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355

Most of the '' science '' supporting '' born gay '' stuff is agenda driven and false. The video link above is to the former president of the APA, who explains that Gay Activsts have lobbied and hijacked several groups, including the APA, so they can push their agenda.The former president even supports gay marriage, but admits that gay activsts are going to far and De legitimatizing science in the name of money. They have also lobbied several media outlets and television studios as well. Which is why the media is so pro gay.

Oh. Right. This guy's opinion is not a "special interest opinion" at all. HIS is not a bought-and-paid-for opinion. All the thousands and thousands of mainstream psychologists, sociologists and psychiatrists be DAMNED, if THIS one guy says it, it has to be true!

Quote:
Any church or Synagogue that performs a gay wedding is a false church/temple and is not in league with the vast majority of congregations and is out of touch with The Bible. Of course they arefree to do wwhat they want, but that doesn't make it true to their religion that they claim to believe in.
Honestly, I could give a damn what one cult and group of myths says is "true" or "false" on this issue. Or, actually I do care.... but only as much as such mythologies are used to hurt people in the modern age.

Quote:
As I said, prove that people are born gay and I will change my position. Until then your claim is dismissed. Your blog is not proof of anything.
The claim is dismissed until such time a gay gene is found? Says who? You? Who are you again, and where did you get your psychology and/or biology degree? Seems to me that you have an inflated sense of self importance!

As there is no single "straight gene" that has ever been identified, there will (likely) never be this thing identified as the "gay gene."

But we don't run around saying straight people CHOOSE to be straight because "it cannot be proven that humans are born with heterosexual orientation."

The point is you IGNORE the links (there were three, by the way, each positing a different theory that shows a pre-birth component to sexuality expression) that add to the body of evidence that homosexuality is NOT chosen, and is NOT caused by any of the 1950s style "theories" of the "causes" of homosexuality and bisexuality that - like most things in life - social conservatives seem to want to hold onto because it fits their preconceived notions.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I explained clearly to you...if you wish to keep falsely claiming I did... what I did not do, Knock yourself out.

Never did I say there is a gay gene. If I did... put up and post it or shut up.
My mistake, your response was stated in a way that i thought was going in a different direction. But all of this physical attraction is based on the same thing, whether gay, straight, and everything in between. It's nothing more then a personal preference for sex partners.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
My mistake, your response was stated in a way that i thought was going in a different direction. But all of this physical attraction is based on the same thing, whether gay, straight, and everything in between. It's nothing more then a personal preference for sex partners.
We're cool.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:31 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Is there such a thing, and if not would that support gays actually being born straight?
What if doctors can go in someday and fix that gay gene? How many parents would elect to have that done? I bet somewhere north of 99%.

So are gays destined for extinction?

AND, if the technology is invented to actually fix that gene, would the liberal/immoral establishment allow it?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:34 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What if doctors can go in someday and fix that gay gene? How many parents would elect to have that done? I bet somewhere north of 99%.

AND, if the technology is invented to actually fix that gene, would the liberal/immoral establishment allow it?
What is there to "fix"?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:39 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

Lord luv a duck....What are you reading? There is NO GAY GENE, as has been stated complete with evidence several times in this thread.....Unfreakin' believable.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:

Or, what if medical science can do a blood test in the first weeks of pregnancy and there is a gay gene to identify in a fetus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies