Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 06:15 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
She quit one of the schools because she didn't like the weather. Was she there to get an education, or sunbathe?
Who does that?
What difference does it make? I find it pretty damn petty to complain about someone didn't like the weather so they went to different college.

She graduated, didn't she? I thought you liberals were all so keen on graduating from college?

Now you complain when someone actually DID get a college degree.

Geesh! make up your minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
She was a college dilettante just as she is a political dilettante. I know people who got their Bachelors, Masters and PhD in the same amount of time--without loans, just working jobs and sacrificing all the time they were not doing research or writing their theses. Some people are simply motivated to achieve intellectually. Alas, Palin is not one of them.
Purely your opinion. One I do NOT agree with.

By the way, "
"For that relatively broad collection of students, the average time to get their bachelor’s degree was six years and four months -- even higher than what Johnson claimed.
The time was shorter -- five years and 10 months -- for students who began college within a year of finishing high school; those are arguably the "kids" Johnson was referring to.
And for students who started their college studies at a four-year institution, rather than a two-year school, the average was five years and eight months."

On average, a college degree takes six years, U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson says | PolitiFact Wisconsin

So Palin graduated from high school in 1962 and graduated from college in 1967.

Looks like she was average in time with the rest of the people who graduate from college.

Not bad for some one who worked her way through.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
She graduated, didn't she? I thought you liberals were all so keen on graduating from college?

Now you complain when someone actually DID get a college degree.
Yes, that's it exactly. You have put your finger on the exact reason why people don't like Sarah Palin: Her college degree.

You must be extremely intelligent to have figured that out.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Yeah, whatever. Hillary could cure cancer and bring about world peace and the Repubs would still hate her bitterly, because GAH!!! HILLARY!!! GAG ACK BARF!!!!!!

Ron Paul could do all of that, and they GAG & BARF on him. You think they are going to cut a freak'n Democrat any slack?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:35 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Why should we clog our conference up listening to, you know, "blacks"?

We tried an experiment of having a minority as a president, and it didn't work! Boy, the country will never make THAT mistake again! People just voted for Obama because they were feeling guilty anyway.

We LOVE guys like Donald Trump and Chris Christie! They really tell it like it is!

If only that PUTIN guy was available! Now THERE'S a leader for ya!
I never know that Vlad was a "Naturalized American". Was he really born in Alaska? LOL

Old 03-06-2014, 09:06 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Why should we clog our conference up listening to, you know, "blacks"?

We tried an experiment of having a minority as a president, and it didn't work! Boy, the country will never make THAT mistake again! People just voted for Obama because they were feeling guilty anyway.

We LOVE guys like Donald Trump and Chris Christie! They really tell it like it is!

If only that PUTIN guy was available! Now THERE'S a leader for ya!
Libs never get tired of attributing imaginary $$$T to the opposition as the basis of their argument. In fact that is lib stock-in-trade, isn't it?

Old 03-07-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Yes, that's it exactly. You have put your finger on the exact reason why people don't like Sarah Palin: Her college degree.

You must be extremely intelligent to have figured that out.
"You must be extremely intelligent to have figured that out"

Obviously YOU are NOT because you come in and attempt to insult WITHOUT following the conversation that HAS BEEN GOING ON.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:52 AM

Are you REALLY willing to put your creditability and repudiation on an article from this OBVIOUS Anti-Palin site.

Maybe it was written by that so-called journalist who rented the house next door from her JUST to spy on her and her family.

Talk about having an obsession!

And many on the left criticize FOX. I will keep this and post it as an example of what the left calls "news" every time a leftie complains about FOX.

But, don't feel bad because I certainly will give YOU credit for finding this "most intellectual" site.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:53 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
I'm unclear on why there's all the Sarah Palin discussion in this thread; is she there?

I agree, I'd much rather see Mia Love.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:01 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Um, did you miss the part about you guys only winning 6 out of 14 popular votes since 1960? Funny notion of "near dominance" you have, unless you mean "near 50%". You want to go back even further?

LOL
And as I said before, popular vote does not necessarily win elections. Obviously.

Why are you being obtuse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies