Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 10:49 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What's funny is that some people are still trying to demonize the ACA. The rest of us are working to improve it.
Glad to hear it, Bob. I erroneously believed that you were still reflexively defending even the worst aspects of the so-called "Affordable Care Act." I'm with you: reform the reform!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 04:39 PM

518 posts, read 448,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The problem is, no Republicans are willing to spell out what those ways actually are. Just talking about alternatives doesn't matter if you aren't willing to present a real plan.

Contrary to popular belief, us liberals/progressives/Democrats aren't enamored head over heels with Obamacare. However, we'll take it over the bankruptcy inducing "Let them die" system we had before.

Incorrect. Republicans have offered an alternative plan. This was from back in Sept 2013. I've seen a further revised plan that adds in language that also covers pre existing conditions. I wish I could find it but it had a couple of tweeks from the plan below.

House Republicans Propose 'American Health Care Reform Act' - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Old 02-21-2014, 07:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
"New plan?" He already tried and failed miserably with the GOP initiated government shutdown that was a miserable failure. Well, I guess he got a bunch of campaign donations from it, so it was a success for him personally.

Re: Universal Healthcare, it's funny how it seems to work in every other civilized country in the world, but neo-cons think we can't do it here. Gotta love Republicans and their "can't do" attitude.
Let us know when the EU has universal healthcare... You know, because that would be equal to claiming that the US should have UHC.

I guess first they'll have to figure out how to turn all of those states and nation-states into one giant Borg-like hive.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
US healthcare system IS hilarious!! Over here we all have a good laugh at how pathetic your so-called healthcare system is, although it really isn't funny. We pretty much laugh at everything about America, and rightfully so. Obamacare has it's flaws but at least it's a step in the right direction. Our system is better, of course, but the U$ would never adopt it-too much greed
Most of Australia’s population is concentrated in two widely separated coastal regions – the south-east and east, and the south-west. Of the two regions, the south-east and east is by far the largest in area and population. The population within these regions is concentrated in urban centres, particularly the capital cities.

1301.0 - Year Book Australia, 2012

Gosh, that sounds just like the population distribution in the US.

How do you possibly manage 23.4 million people in two locations? That must be a massive task of unthinkable proportions.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:13 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Lol...the best part of that video was an audience full of millenials and no one raised their hand. And these are the ones supposed to fund Obamacare.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:59 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It is screwing people who were doing just fine before Obamacare.
How do ordinary citizens of the U$ do that?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Most of Australia’s population is concentrated in two widely separated coastal regions – the south-east and east, and the south-west. Of the two regions, the south-east and east is by far the largest in area and population. The population within these regions is concentrated in urban centres, particularly the capital cities.

1301.0 - Year Book Australia, 2012

Gosh, that sounds just like the population distribution in the US.

How do you possibly manage 23.4 million people in two locations? That must be a massive task of unthinkable proportions.

If the U$ is supposedly the best and greatest, there should be no excuses as to why their system failed. Just one more reason why the U$ is no longer the greatest and best; because truth be told the U$ sucks in so many ways

Old 02-22-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Where are you from, N.Korea?
Originally from America, I was able to move to Australia. Where are you from?? Podunk USA?? Why do you think U$ healthcare was better before ACA and why?? Let's see if you can formulate an intelligent answer-my guess is no

Old 02-22-2014, 06:43 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
If the U$ is supposedly the best and greatest, there should be no excuses as to why their system failed. Just one more reason why the U$ is no longer the greatest and best; because truth be told the U$ sucks in so many ways
Do you seriously not know the reason?

Let me help:

0bama.

P.S. Your blathering hatred of America is humorous. Whoever and wherever you are, we really couldn't care less what you think of us.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Do you seriously not know the reason?

Let me help:

0bama.

P.S. Your blathering hatred of America is humorous. Whoever and wherever you are, we really couldn't care less what you think of us.
You know, for someone who couldn't be bothered to vote, you sure complain about Obama a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies