Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 02:54 PM

544 posts, read 610,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Let me get this right OP...you think business owners in Arizona should have the right to do what they want with their business, but are complaining if the NFL would use their right to do what they want with their business. Yep, sounds about right for a typical right wing hypocrite.

Just like you guys could boycott a business that doesn't serve gays and publicly shame them, I'm shaming the NFL.

It's called free speech. That is how you can let other people know why they shouldn't like something, buy something from a business, etc, etc.

No where in my OP did I say that their should be a law created that requires the N(Nazi)FL to hold a superbowl in arizona or anything else like that.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why would I buy Lions season tix when I'm from Arizona?
perhaps he thinks you are some kind of rich guy that will fly to lions games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
This would be the second time the NFL took a Super Bowl away from Arizona because AZ just can't get a handle on their bigotry.
yeah, the first time was the result of a democrat governor illegally creating a paid state holiday through executive order, and an incoming governor rescinding that holiday and telling the state legislature that if they wanted an MLK holiday, to go through the process of creating a proper bill to send to him for his signature, which the democrats in the legislature at the time refused to do because they didnt want a republican governor getting credit for signing into law properly an MLK holiday. heck they wouldnt even do it for a democrat governor.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:59 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
perhaps he thinks you are some kind of rich guy that will fly to lions games?

yeah, the first time was the result of a democrat governor illegally creating a paid state holiday through executive order, and an incoming governor rescinding that holiday and telling the state legislature that if they wanted an MLK holiday, to go through the process of creating a proper bill to send to him for his signature, which the democrats in the legislature at the time refused to do because they didnt want a republican governor getting credit for signing into law properly an MLK holiday. heck they wouldnt even do it for a democrat governor.
Governor Mecham, the incoming Republican governor, opposed the creation of the MLK holiday.

His own words:

"King doesn't deserve a holiday."

and

"You folks don't need another holiday. What you folks need are jobs."

He was later impeached and removed from office.

What a hero he must be to you.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:59 PM

544 posts, read 610,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why would I buy Lions season tix when I'm from Arizona?
Lol. So you're a liberal who left the liberal disaster city of detroit and brought your same stupid beliefs to Arizona?

How long till you and your liberal gang homies ruin the city your in now?

Old 02-26-2014, 03:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You will get em on the cheap as folks are tired of this nonsense. Liberals are trying to turn the NFL into another one of their social engineering projects. Just pathetic.
That is patently absurd. Liberals aren't doing anything--AZ's own politicians have reversed course, and if you think it is because of liberals--you are very wrong. The NFL, American Airlines, Apple and Marriot are about money, as is the Superbowl. The religious fanatics need to get over their victim mentality and paranoia. Face it--they are out of massively out of step with mainstream America. Their views are those of fanatics and, frankly, are just as extreme as Muslim extremists and every other religion that holds extremist views and wants the rest of the world to conform to their views. It is not going to happen, so really all the fanatics can do is go start a commune, live by themselves and let the rest of the country--along with the world--move on. The The NFL, American Airlines, Apple and Marriot and the majority of the country do not need Arizona half as much as Arizona needs them. The most bizarre thing of all is that those endorsing discrimination call themselves "christians." No way Jesus would ever approve of discrimination. The "christians' endorsing discrimination are going to be very dismayed upon arrival in the afterlife.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
Lol. So you're a liberal who left the liberal disaster city of detroit and brought your same stupid beliefs to Arizona?

How long till you and your liberal gang homies ruin the city your in now?
It's not a conservative/liberal issue, it's a rights issue. The law upholds religious freedoms at the expense of equal protection under the law. (By the way, equal protection has been upheld by the supreme court time and time again.)

Old 02-26-2014, 04:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
tell it like it is HappyHarley, this is just another reason that pro league suxxx! I'm way ahead of you all on the boycott tho, i aint cared about them and their labor stoppages or other garbage for a decade now.

I only watch College Football and High School Football, football the way its suppose to be.
Nothing like friday night lights...........nothing at all. I sit next to an old guy.....been going to the hi skool games for fifty years.........his kids and grandkids are done but he goes because he loves to watch the kids play........the way it's supposed to be like you say.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
You can rest assured most players are against the proposed Arizona law. I keep telling you, inside the NFL is far from being right wing. The funny thing about it is, that for the few homophobes that are in the NFL, most are black but lean left anyways. But go ahead and keep playing your fantasy Monday Morning QB.
I said nothing about the players. Liberals who have never played the game want to now regulate it out of existence. That is what I'm saying. Folks "outside" of football want to tell them how to play, what they can say........on and on. Pay attention.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:26 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Word out is that Governor Brewer is going to veto the bill. Businesses are pretty much up in arms against it.

It's all about the Benjamins. Homophobia can be bad for your bottom line.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My god you're obsessed with liberals... now they're trying to destroy football? Yes, they want to destroy what pays for their lavish lifestyles. Makes sense.
No it appears liberals are obsessed with trying to mandate how football is played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies