Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times

Advertisements

Obama is like many on the left. They are like JFKs wizkids as they were called then. A group of academic who came up with theory that X amount of bullets expended in Vietnam meant X number of enemy killed. They therefore rushed the M16 into combat zone against military advise. The result was the theory was dreaming in safe place and the M-16 suffered jambs often which proved deadly to US troops. Look at Obamacare rollout and his explaining to American people including lies and we see the same dream rather than skill in governing. Is America really better off eight years and 800 billion in just stimulus than when Obama came into office. Or has the FED become the governing body who markets and Americans look to solve problems and lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 03:20 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by pnwmdk

LOL @ Eastwood and the invisible man.

Does anyone remember that Palin's teleprompter failed during her acceptance
speech... and nobody noticed? Not only could she continue her speech, she
didn't lose her place nor become flustered

And when Obama's fails, we
don't just notice, he gets entirely lost and has no idea what he's doing? The
guy is so annoying, seriously, as he has to look from side to side to read his
speech. I'm an introvert and HATE public speaking, but I could do 10 times
better, because anything I speak about I know by heart.
That's because it didn't fail.

The Sarah Palin Broken TelePrompTer Myth - US News

Old 02-28-2014, 03:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Certainly she managed the hiccups smoothly, but this is not an example of winging it in the same vein as a Truman, Kennedy, Nixon, or Clinton might have.

Or dumbfounded as Obama would have been.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:23 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
This may be the funniest poutrage thread we see today. Crybabies who can`t get over the fact that this guy twice gave you a solid thumping. The OP calls the ACA a cluster*uck so that means it must be true despite the fact that nearly every aca horror story that the losers have trotted out has turned out to be a fabrication.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:29 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Your own link says that it did fail, but argues that the failure was minor.
According to Game Change, a campaign aide who was there explained the malfunction to McCain, who had watched the speech from a backstage room on a TV. McCain said, "If that happens to me tomorrow night, we're f***ed."

I think that McCain and a campaign aide who was there were in a better position to know about this than some guy from politico who was sitting in the crowd watching the speech.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:20 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The fact that it's 2500 pages long INSURES it will fail.

Frankly, letting liberals attempt to run something means that it is, by definition, assured of failing. You could, then, say it really was designed to fail - it's like asking a party clown to design a nuclear reactor. It would be intentional failure.

except there IS NOTHING GOOD IN IT. At all.

Not one iota.
Sure there is.
The uninsurables can now get coverage.
Individuals can now get group rates and benefits.
No lifetime limits on pay outs.
HC plans have to payout 80% of collected premiums on patients.

These attributes are all good for me and mine.
My wife and I have much better and broader coverage along with much lower OOP's.
My daughter now has good coverage, no one would take her before. And her husband who would have gone without has a good policy at low cost.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Your own link says that it did fail, but argues that the failure was minor.
According to Game Change, a campaign aide who was there explained the malfunction to McCain, who had watched the speech from a backstage room on a TV. McCain said, "If that happens to me tomorrow night, we're f***ed."

I think that McCain and a campaign aide who was there were in a better position to know about this than some guy from politico who was sitting in the crowd watching the speech.
Quote:
At one point I noticed, and remarked to a colleague, that it would jog a line or two ahead of where she had paused. I noticed that she seemed to use the pause afforded by applause to glance down at the papers in front of her. Having found the missing line or two (it was not more than that), she would resume.
Evidently, it was something very minor and she had the speech written down in front of her. People are scting like she was winging it beautifully. It`s not she pulled it out of the fire....this is a woman who can't give a speech unless the major points are written on her hand.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:10 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
Quote:
Evidently, it was something very minor and she had the speech written down in front of her. People are scting like she was winging it beautifully. It`s not she pulled it out of the fire....this is a woman who can't give a speech unless the major points are written on her hand.
No doubt just like Snooki, with whom Palin shares an occupation.

We've had 2 females as VP candidates during my lifetime, and both were simply tokens. It is unfortunate, as there were several better female choices all the time.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:18 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
A few points:

1) Individual intelligence is no guarantee of success: Even if Obama were the smartest man who ever lived, that doesn't mean his political plans will work out. Also, even if he alone was somehow able to achieve whatever he wanted, given how many people had their hand in the ACA, it's amazing it wasn't even more messed up than it is. Note that I'm no fan of Obama or either political party, but I figure it's worth mentioning that intelligence doesn't always translate into success in politics. Also, stupidity does not always lead to failure... look at most of our leadership.

2) Single Payer does not have to be a bad thing. Any system can be set up well or set up poorly. There are nations with single payer plans where it works fine, while others have some serious problems. I'd like to think as Americans we recognize that the previous set-up was simply leading to laughably unaffordable healthcare and that instead of living in fear of "socialized medicine - oh, no!" we would instead develop a single payer plan that works for us. We used to be good at such things as a nation.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
You can believe what you want to believe, if it makes you feel better to denigrate a Sarah Palin. I'll go with what what McCain and campaign aide Nicolle Wallace said about the incident, which evidently was persuasive to the lib-tilting writers of Game Change,. Heilemann, and Halperin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies