Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:19 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times

Advertisements

"Oh Magoo, you've done it again".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Vice President Biden is under fire for suggesting working women would benefit from ObamaCare by being able to quit their jobs to spend time at home.

"How many of you are single women with children in a dead-end job?" Biden asked, during an appearance on "The View" on Tuesday. "You're there because of your health insurance. You'd rather have the opportunity to spend the next couple years with your child. [Do] you want to stay in that job, even though you can get health insurance absent that job? And it gives women a great deal more freedom."

Biden to women: Thanks to ObamaCare, you can quit working | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 07:22 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Not sexist to convince women not to work. Not when you're (D).

Old 02-27-2014, 07:23 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
And while your at it, get me a beer.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:24 PM

793 posts, read 1,420,033 times
Hopefully Hillary will take his advice.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
I see nothing wrong with taking advantage of our laws however one sees fit. We all do it everyday.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I see nothing wrong with taking advantage of our laws however one sees fit. We all do it everyday.
I agree with you that there's nothing illegal about Biden being a misogynist.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
"Oh Magoo, you've done it again".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Vice President Biden is under fire for suggesting working women would benefit from ObamaCare by being able to quit their jobs to spend time at home.

"How many of you are single women with children in a dead-end job?" Biden asked, during an appearance on "The View" on Tuesday. "You're there because of your health insurance. You'd rather have the opportunity to spend the next couple years with your child. [Do] you want to stay in that job, even though you can get health insurance absent that job? And it gives women a great deal more freedom."

Biden to women: Thanks to ObamaCare, you can quit working | Fox News
Say wha..?

If I sign up for Ocare, I can get my rent paid for, my food paid for, my car insurance paid for, my internet paid for, gaming paid for, movies paid for, pet toys paid for, outings paid for, vacations paid for, education paid for, clothing paid for, car maintenance paid for, garden paid for....

REALLY? I can get all of that if I just sign up?

I mean, that's why I work...so all of the above can be paid for...sweet! I'll be sleeping in tomorrow since Biden understands me so well. Hell of a guy.

WAIT....I have to have a kid? Does my dog count? So I still have to go to work just because I don't have a kid? WTH kind of crap is this?!

Old 02-27-2014, 07:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
For the first time ever, I might agree with him.

I was always astonished at the mothers who worked but had no clue how much working was costing them. Child care, clothes, car and gas, eating out for lunch. By the time all was said and done, I doubt they made much unless they were highly paid executives. And I believe the kids suffer the most. Kids need a loving parent to be home with them the first few years of their little, formative lives. Not a sitter, not a child care facility. A mother. Or father. A parent.

Of course that was back in the days when there were typically 2 parents in a home and they were actually married to each other.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:50 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
You left out the part where gave Whoopi a wink and an awkward kiss on the lips before speeding off in his souped-up Trans Am.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,048 times
Hey, why wouldn't "Real Americans", you know far right white men who long for the glory days of the fifties, before segregation, before women entered the workplace in significant numbers, support this?

Now the women can go back to their rightful place in life, in the kitchen cooking food, cleaning the house, and birthin' babies. But not barefoot, of course. That's a little barbaric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies