Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:49 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals form "interest groups" and the like. I don't.........I don't need an "interest group". You need one I guess. Nor do I need to pass a law..........common sense is how I live. Liberals have none left.
The law currently allows for transgendered individuals to legally change their gender, which allows them to use the restroom consistent with their new gender. If you don't agree with this, you need to work to pass a law that only allows them to use the bathroom consistent with their chromosomal sex and/or does not allow them to legally change their sex. Since it is you who would be seeking to change the law, the burden of doing so would fall on you. Arizona tried earlier this year, it failed.

When a police officer responds to a complaint, they are going to ask to see the ID and then make a decision based on that. They aren't going to arrest someone using the bathroom consistent with their ID. A business owner could (in the areas without non discrimination laws) give a general trespass warning and ask them to leave, but most choose not to do so. Again, the burden would fall on you to lobby the board of directors and ask them to throw transgenders out.

If you open your own business and are willing to risk the lawsuits, you are free to set a policy requiring people to use the bathroom of their genetic sex. You do not have the right to impose that view on restrooms owned by others.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
The law doesn't allow one to simply decide to be male or female nor does the law abide itself by any such constraints.

A female may dress like what one expects a male to dress like. She can act like a male but rob a bank and she gets thrown into a womans prison.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The law doesn't allow one to simply decide to be male or female nor does the law abide itself by any such constraints.

A female may dress like what one expects a male to dress like. She can act like a male but rob a bank and she gets thrown into a womans prison.
The law does allow for legal recognition of a sex change if they meet the requirements. Those vary, but it is possible in all 50 states.

As far as prison, I can't speak to female to males....but male to females go to the women's prison if they have had genital surgery. If not, they go to men's prison.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
The law does allow for legal recognition of a sex change if they meet the requirements. Those vary, but it is possible in all 50 states.
And irrelevant the the discussion.

Quote:
As far as prison, I can't speak to female to males....but male to females go to the women's prison if they have had genital surgery. If not, they go to men's prison.
Again, not what is being discussed here.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:28 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well, the article consistently calls someone with a vagina a "he" so it's all invalid if you ask me.

I think "it" is appropriate for transgenders.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:35 AM

268 posts, read 241,235 times
Would this student still wanna be treated as a "male'' if he got sent to prison?

Old 03-06-2014, 01:44 AM

Quote:
And irrelevant the the discussion.

Again, not what is being discussed here.
Then what do you mean by "the law does not allow someone to simply decide to be male or female"?

I also don't understand why you would bring up an imprisonment example and then decide that a direct response to that is not what is being discussed....

Old 03-06-2014, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Then what do you mean by "the law does not allow someone to simply decide to be male or female"?
Seems to be a pretty clear statement to me.

Quote:
I also don't understand why you would bring up an imprisonment example and then decide that a direct response to that is not what is being discussed....
Yeah, I suppose you don't.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Seems to be a pretty clear statement to me.

Yeah, I suppose you don't.
And factually incorrect. You may not like the law, but it is what it is.

Your prison example was also factually incorrect. Amazing how when you get refuted it suddenly becomes "not relevant"

Old 03-06-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
And factually incorrect. You may not like the law, but it is what it is.
Isn't that what the discussion is about?

Quote:
Your prison example was also factually incorrect. Amazing how when you get refuted it suddenly becomes "not relevant"
How was it not correct? What is irrelevant is interjecting into the discussion those who have undergone sex changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies