Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 06:04 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,435 times

Advertisements

I thought it was funny and kinda true.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Clearly, people playing the his tweet wasn't racist game are being a lot disingenuous.

First the NBA is at least 70% African American.

In America, the racist narrative about African American men says they are inherently criminal.

So sending a tweet which says that a league that is made up mostly of players who are African American that if it 70% of the teams disbanded, those players on those teams would be so criminal and commit so much crime as to cause the actual crime rates to go up in multiple cities is an incredibly racist thing to say given ACTUAL AMERICAN history and reality.

Now what was in that man's heart when he sent that tweet out, is an impossibility to say, but again given the actual content of the tweet and American history, I have no problem saying that it was a racist or prejudiced tweet.
Again, how can you know that he didn't have a Robert Swift as much in mind as a Michael Ray Richardson, unless you have powers of mind reading? The accusation of racism is a serious charge and needs serious evidence. Mind reading claims do not qualify as serious.

I might have no problem saying that you are a child molester, but unless I have serious evidence of it, I would just make myself look like an idiot by saying so.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:21 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Again, how can you know that he didn't have a Robert Swift as much in mind as a Michael Ray Richardson, unless you have powers of mind reading? The accusation of racism is a serious charge and needs serious evidence. Mind reading claims do not qualify as serious.

I might have no problem saying that you are a child molester, but unless I have serious evidence of it, I would just make myself look like an idiot by saying so.
ONE player isn't going to increase the crime rates in multiple cities as he wrote in his tweet. Stop being disingenuous with your post. It is boring.

He thinks NBA players which is at least 70% of whom are African American are mostly criminal and are so criminal in fact that if 70% of the teams disbanded those players would raise the crime rates in multiple cities.

The racist American narrative about African American men is that they are inherently criminal.

Now again given actual American history and reality, that tweet was without a doubt racist/prejudiced.

Now what was in that man's head. I don't know, but clearly disparaging a league that is 70% African American as having such criminal players that those players if not for the NBA would be committing so much crime and raise the crime rates of multiple cities is a racist thing to tweet or say given the context of American history, and the racist narrative that exist about the inherent criminality of African Americans.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:56 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
hes your normal white conservative male who does not like blacks and thinks they are inherently criminal.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:59 PM

278 posts, read 277,380 times
Insight into what the majority of non-black males in the world think

Old 03-11-2014, 11:11 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Don't hide that your a racist, embrace it.
Freudian slip, gtc?

Quote:
if you ever saw anything like that in the nba these smae white conservative males would be saying what a bunch of thugs.
What would the black conservative females be saying?

Quote:
hes your normal white conservative male who does not like blacks and thinks they are inherently criminal.
Does that make you the normal black liberal male who does not like white people and thinks that they are inherently evil?

Aren't stereotypes fun?

Old 03-11-2014, 01:56 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
How is this really any different than what Ray Lewis said about the NFL lockout a few years ago?

Ray Lewis: NFL Lockout Could Cause Crime Spike | TIME.com

[LEFT]
Quote:
In an interview with ESPN, Lewis suggested that the NFL lockout could cause a spike in crime. ”Do this research,” Lewis said. “If we don’t have a season. Watch how much evil, which we call crime, how much crime picks up, if you take away our game. There’s nothing else to do."
[/LEFT]

Old 03-11-2014, 01:59 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How is this really any different than what Ray Lewis said about the NFL lockout a few years ago?

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
it's not.

but lewis is a black guy, so there's no opportunity to shriek 'racism!!,' 'white conservative males!!', etc.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:27 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

yeah.. Let Ray Lewis talk about politics or social programs and I bet you call him a dumb jock who doesn't know what he is talking about... but this, this must be true because it helps your agenda.

Those guys would say anything to keep the NFL from a lockout.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:53 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Not seeing how it's racist unless the detractors are implying black males have a problem with being a larger percentage of the criminal population than other races.

If I was an NBA player though Id be pissed that this person thinks 70% of players are potential criminals.

A case might be made for the NFL though.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies