Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:38 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, they will productive people.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:40 AM

29,435 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee4 View Post
I am talking about the troll, bubble lifestyle, zero work ethic, and zero skill set, children who live off their parents. What will happen to these kids when they are grown? I just don't understand how these kids can function without a care in the world about how to make ends meet moving forward.
LOL... they are going to be living on your dime ! Actually our dime...

Old 03-12-2014, 10:41 AM

392 posts, read 351,982 times
BEING and older man and having used the net for sometime now...I predict they will become like me....coward who can not deal with real life and falsely feel empowered through useless digital communication....You could be Jesus Christ himself on the net and you just get swallowed up in the digital abyss....

Old 03-12-2014, 10:43 AM

WE will be like a colony of insects. We will become the common collective consciousness...we will be like a huge mindless beast...a planet with one brain and no human compassion or love...we are on the way to becoming the proverbial biblical BEAST.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Hopefully, they will productive people.
SENDING information back and forth is like pouring a glass of water into another glass and then back again...there is no real production of any life sustaining wealth...we will become more and more dependent on slave labor...China a prime example. Making clothing....growing food...building shelter, this is real material wealth. The future generation will be impoverished with a digital implant that will tell them all is okay....when it is not. They are like lambs being readied for the slaughter...Prime example is carrying your brain outside your body in a smart phone...IT will get worse and social media will continue to create anti-social solitary beings who are deluded into thinking they are connected when in reality they are confined and jailed through technology....Good luck in the brave new Orwellian world...Don't say I did not warn you.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:12 PM

259 posts, read 151,344 times
The same that happened to the radio and then TV generations: they will complain about the current generation...

Quote:
I am talking about the troll, bubble lifestyle, zero work ethic, and zero skill set, children who live off their parents. What will happen to these kids when they are grown? I just don't understand how these kids can function without a care in the world about how to make ends meet moving forward.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:15 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:

They will be older.

Beyond that, my crystal ball gets very hazy.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:45 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Default What do you think will happen to the internet generation 30 years from now?

Quote:
It's a safe bet that they'll:

1. be working to pay off a mortgage
2. be making car payments
3. supporting their own kids
4. approaching the point where they'll begin questioning the work ethic of the younger generation

Don't let that detract in any way from your rant.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:55 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
SENDING information back and forth is like pouring a glass of water into another glass and then back again...there is no real production of any life sustaining wealth...we will become more and more dependent on slave labor...China a prime example. Making clothing....growing food...building shelter, this is real material wealth. The future generation will be impoverished with a digital implant that will tell them all is okay....when it is not. They are like lambs being readied for the slaughter...Prime example is carrying your brain outside your body in a smart phone...IT will get worse and social media will continue to create anti-social solitary beings who are deluded into thinking they are connected when in reality they are confined and jailed through technology....Good luck in the brave new Orwellian world...Don't say I did not warn you.
I'm sorry you feel that way and have such an empty outlook.

Try again, tomorrow. It can get much better.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:00 PM

259 posts, read 151,344 times
Only to people who have no clue about information technology. Information is not simply sent back and forth, what would be a point of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
SENDING information back and forth is like pouring a glass of water into another glass and then back again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies