Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:27 PM

91 posts, read 72,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
to put it simply, if you say " he doesnt practice what he preaches" then you arent saying he is wrong in what he preaches, you are saying he is wrong in his actions.
How about, "he doesn't practice what he preaches, and it has nothing to do with freedom regardless".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,566 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
See my earlier post.

His "examples" of what freedom is, is not what thousands and thousands of Americans sacrificed their lives for ending up dead or disabled fighting to protect this country and it's freedoms. They paid the price for the freedoms you enjoy. Rather than looking to him for you to understand "freedom" you need to learn about American History.

How unfortunate you can't see that this is nothing more than him campaigning.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Bob Marley

Maybe one day people will go back to a time when they free their minds and think for themselves, and not be lead by those who think for them.
This post makes no sense. You are suppose to be explaining why you disagree with what the President said, instead, you went into a rant about what you believe people died for, which is an opinion of someone elses opinion that they never shared with you.

And what does it matter if he is campaigning, that doesnt answer the question put forth to you. What exactly in his statement do you disagree with ?

Old 03-16-2014, 11:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It's not that they're "horrible"... it's that they aren't the definition of freedom. So more like inaccurate, typical rhetoric speech in campaigning.

http://i.imgur.com/kmFjB.jpg

Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amabokcuf View Post
How about, "he doesn't practice what he preaches, and it has nothing to do with freedom regardless".
That works, but that isnt what that post said and that still wouldnt answer the question.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:35 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
1.You could have just used the quote button you know ?

2. You do realize the post you linked to is talking about that posters perception of Barack Obama's actions, not his idea of freedoms.

to put it simply, if you say " he doesnt practice what he preaches" then you arent saying he is wrong in what he preaches, you are saying he is wrong in his actions.

there for, your link doesnt answer my post.
That's funny coming from you. You accused me of making two statements and I asked you to find my posts and quote me.

Still waiting......................................haven 't seen them, but I'll continue to wait.............................

Old 03-16-2014, 11:57 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
This post makes no sense. You are suppose to be explaining why you disagree with what the President said, instead, you went into a rant about what you believe people died for, which is an opinion of someone elses opinion that they never shared with you.

And what does it matter if he is campaigning, that doesnt answer the question put forth to you. What exactly in his statement do you disagree with ?
The first thing I said was read my earlier post.

Where did I say I disagree with them. What I did do, is to point out that they are not "freedoms", but campaign cow-towing to the idiots that will see them as freedoms. Only a fool would believe that Obama is granting freedoms to Americans as if those "freedoms" are a gift. I gave an example of how people died to protect the very freedoms you enjoy today. Let me clue you in - you are nothing more than a mental slave to Obama.

For one thing, Obamacare is not a "freedom". It is a law. People are mandated to sign up or be penalized - either through fines or having to pay for the insurance of others. How is that "freedom"?

He talks about job bouncing. As the great job creator that you believe he is, why is unemployment so high? It would be higher if the WH was honest as to how they come up with their dream numbers. You probably think its a case of employed vs unemployed without even thinking about the formulas they use.

My post does make sense, you just have a serious comprehension problem, criticize other posters for not quoting your posts, yet you do the same. I have asked you several times to support your claims and you have totally ignored those requests. Could it be that you can't find any posts where I said things you claim I said?

Please translate the highlighted text. You know what, don't bother. It will probably make as much sense in it's original state - which is no sense.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
That's funny coming from you. You accused me of making two statements and I asked you to find my posts and quote me.

Still waiting......................................haven 't seen them, but I'll continue to wait.............................
When did I accuse you of making 2 statements in the first place ???????????

Old 03-17-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
The first thing I said was read my earlier post.

Where did I say I disagree with them. What I did do, is to point out that they are not "freedoms", but campaign cow-towing to the idiots that will see them as freedoms.
Lets remember for a second that you responded to my post, not the other way around.

My post asked for you to explain why you(directed to the thread) disagree with what the President said. If you werent disagreeing with him aka responding to my post, then you were just ranting while quoting my post, which would make no sense.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
He talks about job bouncing. As the great job creator that you believe he is, why is unemployment so high? It would be higher if the WH was honest as to how they come up with their dream numbers. You probably think its a case of employed vs unemployed without even thinking about the formulas they use.

My post does make sense, you just have a serious comprehension problem, criticize other posters for not quoting your posts, yet you do the same. I have asked you several times to support your claims and you have totally ignored those requests. Could it be that you can't find any posts where I said things you claim I said?

Please translate the highlighted text. You know what, don't bother. It will probably make as much sense in it's original state - which is no sense.
1. Unemployment is 3 and half percent lower than it was at its peak. And if you counted it the way you claimed, it would still be lower than at its peak during the recession

2. Again, what are these claims that you are saying i made towards you ?

3. I didnt ask you to quote me, and even if i did, doesnt that make you a hypocrite by not doing so ?

Old 03-17-2014, 02:48 AM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Surprise! Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies