Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 09:32 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
FOX is the "anti gun Liberal media"?
It's not the Fox news that you're thinking about. It's a local FOX news station, and not the national right leaning news station obviously...

Old 03-16-2014, 09:33 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They were beating the crap out of the guy that was locking them out, by changing locks after being evicted, to teach him a lesson....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
No, from the story it wasn't even them who were being evicted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. I buzzed through it.
The person being evicted was a family member of theirs which is why they were pissed off.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:40 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Legal Concealed Gun Carrier Kills 2 Teens

They payed the ultimate price for their stupidity.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:49 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
The person being evicted was a family member of theirs which is why they were pissed off.
So pissed off = beating a man with a baseball bat? Premeditated, no less. Sounds pretty thuggish.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:49 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
If you watch the news story in the OP's link, and then look at the pictures of the girl her family showed, you may see where I'm coming from.

There was a picture of her holding a child, and she gave off a aura of being a (very) sweet young lady.

You asked, I wonder what you would have done differently?

I would have shot the man and then ran away. My instincts tell me not to shoot/kill sweet looking 17 year old girls.
So you are basing your entire argument on how a person looks??? Let me get this straight...if a sweet looking teenage girls is standing over you beating the crap out of you with a baseball bat you should just let her because she "looks sweet"??? Sorry but I don't give a s*** what somebody looks like, if they are trying to kill me I'm going to defend myself any way I can, 17 year old "sweet looking" female or not. That's just stupid.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:52 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
this case doesn't seem as cut and dry as the maintenance man's story. good thing there's a video. I will reserve further judgment until more facts come out.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:26 AM

582 posts, read 779,327 times
It's interesting reading all the conclusive statements that are being made based on a story with minimal facts. The reporter didn't interview the maintenance man or the third person the may have assaulted him. The bottom portion of the report is based on comments from a friend of the maintenance man that appears not to have been present.

At this point the only things you can truly say, it that either the police know more about what happen than the reporter or that more investigation work needs to be done. Say anything more than that is just showing your own personal basis.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:47 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
If you watch the news story in the OP's link, and then look at the pictures of the girl her family showed, you may see where I'm coming from.

There was a picture of her holding a child, and she gave off a aura of being a (very) sweet young lady.

I would have shot the man and then ran away. My instincts tell me not to shoot/kill sweet looking 17 year old girls.
Was she holding one of her TWO babies when she was shot? You are being played by her family.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:17 AM

63 posts, read 57,135 times
Quote:

A equal or greater force may be used in self defense.

You try to paint a picture of sweet young lady but at that moment, to the worker doing his job, I guarantee she was not a "sweet young lady" she may have been like the other two attacking a worker in a gang like assault. She may very well be an innocent victim we don't know.

As one person states in the video "Everyone makes bad decisions in their life. Things don't go as planned. I wish the outcome could of been better".

Until the evidence is revealed via the actual taped evidence, maybe we should refrain from passing judgment on any in this unfortunate incident, as we really don't know what happened except three people were involved in an altercation with worker and two people are now dead.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:27 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Why are people so pissed off here? No one is defending the two attackers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies