Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:38 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,523,365 times

Advertisements

Pretty sure we are the reason why his country hasn't been wiped off the map yet.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:42 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,660,399 times
Lmao Israel would be in shambles if it wasn't for the USA.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:11 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,597,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Actually they do not rely on our "hand outs". In fact, Israeli's pay more taxes than you would even dream about. But lets not discuss all the Israeli technology and household items you have received from this partnership..
It remains to be seen,so far israel has been living on US hand out,israel "technology" that include war chemicals used against palestinian children and women living in a concentration camp called Gaza surrounded by israeli army.

A Conservative Estimate of Total U.S. Direct Aid to Israel: More Than $130 Billion

Washington Report on Middle East Affairs - Congress Watch: A Conservative Estimate of Total U.S. Direct Aid to Israel: More Than $130 Billion

The Costs to American Taxpayers of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: $3 Trillion (2003)

Washington Report on Middle East Affairs - The Costs to American Taxpayers of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: $3 Trillion

U.S. Financial Aid To Israel: Figures, Facts, and Impact

Washington Report on Middle East Affairs - U.S. Financial Aid To Israel: Figures, Facts, and Impact

Old 03-20-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Of course he can. Does Boehner need Obama's permission to speak?
Of course,if the US is paying for israel's crappy wars,the US president has every right to have a say,on anything israelis do or say !

Old 03-20-2014, 07:18 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,591,451 times
Quote:
Actually they do not rely on our "hand outs". In fact, Israeli's pay more taxes than you would even dream about. But lets not discuss all the Israeli technology and household items you have received from this partnership..
Are you suggesting this is anything but a one sided relationship? Israel barks, the USA jumps. It's long past time they are cut loose and forced to look after their own interests.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:26 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,660,995 times
Quote:
It's not a 'partnership' if my money goes somewhere and I have to pay for whatever 'technology and household item' comes back.

If they don't rely on our money, great, lets turn off that particular faucet.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It's not a 'partnership' if my money goes somewhere and I have to pay for whatever 'technology and household item' comes back.

If they don't rely on our money, great, lets turn off that particular faucet.
I agree.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:28 AM

Kerry protests ‘confusing’ Ya’alon remarks in call to Netanyahu

Kerry protests 'confusing' Ya'alon remarks in call to Netanyahu | The Times of Israel

Old 03-20-2014, 10:42 AM

26 posts, read 41,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Pretty sure we are the reason why his country hasn't been wiped off the map yet.
Have you considered, Israel is the reason why the US hasn't been wiped off the map yet?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:45 AM

13,984 posts, read 5,647,020 times
I don't think the remarks are confusing, I don't think them inaccurate, but I don't think Israel not being able to count on the US is a bad thing for the US or for Israel. This ridiculous notion that the US should have garrisons all over the world, as well as being the unofficial military logistics and supply chain for every country not run by bad guys, is long overdue for a reset. Granted, I am also no big fan of Obama trying to suck up to bullies and playing toadie to them, but at least he only commits troops to stuff he knows we have little danger in (minus Afghanistan, oddly), so his stupidity doesn't get as many Americans killed as prior stupidities.

Israel is quite capable of dealing with nuclear Iran all by their lonesome. They'd have the blessing of the Saud royal family, the folks in Dubai, Qatar and other oil competitors of Khameini, just so long as they were precise and left Iran's oil alone to be divvied up between the victors. In short - they don't need the US, so they shouldn't count us.

We've propped up Israel for long enough, and the Jewish population's Democrat vote can easily be recovered by promising more free stuff to Hispanics (leave blacks off that list since Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams are the only two black GOP voters in the US apparently, so they have all those votes anyway). Obama and Kerry should leave that one alone as well.

The world needs a big, painful reminder that this all started with them all asking us to be busybody while they recovered from the last global conflict. So we should be more isolationist until they come, as a group, on their knees begging with hat in hand for us to do something. They did in 1991 when a huge chunk of the world's oil was under threat of a serious nutbag with a big army. They begged us to get things done, and we did.

Sorry, Iran maybe/maybe not working on enriching uranium is not the moral equivalent of the UN General Assembly getting on their cowardly knees and begging for our help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies