Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I don't like Fox anymore, never really liked MSNBC, CNN is good if you want actual, breaking news and significant international stories. NPR is top notch. Despite what Breitbart and Glenn Beck say, there is no right-wing hate on air on NPR. Best part is, no commercials!
I agree. The last social event I was at, I was asked by a Fox Geezer if I listened to NPR. When I told him that I did at times while driving to work, he yelled out, "Why should our taxes pay for NPR!" When I did not join in his angry rant about Obama, how we are in a free fall under our own weight, etc.......he accused me of listening to MSNBC!?! I haven't seen MSNBC in years.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
I try to avoid my old geezer neighbor, but he lies in wait for me to come out. All he wants to do is spew and froth about goddamn Obama. Every conversation, even about the weather, comes back to goddamn Obama and a regurgitation the latest 'talk radio' talking points.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how odd.

i don't think exactly like they do, yet i've never been a subject of their 'attack and anger.'

maybe it's just you?
They are out there and becoming angrier!

Old 03-21-2014, 10:28 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Not really. I have seen many social events ruined by a few who use the venue to initiate an angry discourse chuck full of "talking points" fed to them from Fox News. Any replies that counter with an intelligent discussion of facts is met with angry outbursts of deflection by these Geezers. These Geezers refuse to discuss the very topic that they fire out.
yes, really. i have seen many social events ruined by liberals ululating with rage about 'fox news!' this and 'fox news!' that, having been fed a steady stream of pablum from their masters at alternut, huff&puff, ross tory, etc. any replies that counter with an intelligent discussion of facts is met with more bellowing and howling on the part of the fox news-obsessed LWNJ contingent.
these puling nutbags refuse to discuss the very topic that they obsess over.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:29 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Despite what Breitbart and Glenn Beck say, there is no right-wing hate on air on NPR. Best part is, no commercials!
Tell that to Juan Williams.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:31 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
yes, really. i have seen many social events ruined by liberals ululating with rage about 'fox news!'
More lame equivocation attempts.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:32 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Not really. I have seen many social events ruined by a few who use the venue to initiate an angry discourse chuck full of "talking points" fed to them from Fox News. Any replies that counter with an intelligent discussion of facts is met with angry outbursts of deflection by these Geezers. These Geezers refuse to discuss the very topic that they fire out.
Lord forbid anyone complain about you FREELOADERS

Old 03-21-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
yes, really. i have seen many social events ruined by liberals ululating with rage about 'fox news!' this and 'fox news!' that, having been fed a steady stream of pablum from their masters at alternut, huff&puff, ross tory, etc. any replies that counter with an intelligent discussion of facts is met with more bellowing and howling on the part of the fox news-obsessed LWNJ contingent.
these puling nutbags refuse to discuss the very topic that they obsess over.
LOL! Although it is very easy to recognize a Fox viewer by their anger and "talking points," most people who are not Fox Geezers will do anything to keep a topic off of politics as this is a hot button for those people.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Lord forbid anyone complain about you FREELOADERS
Case in point. Another angry and empty outburst of a Fox News talking point.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
My sweet father is 93 and I can tell when he's had Faux News on all day. First, he and the lady that comes over a few days a week to drive him places are all in an anti-Obama lather. I love them both but refuse to talk politics when them, especially when she called Obama a black ba**ard in front of my son. She in her 70's.

Nothing fires up the base quicker than some good old-fashioned ANGER. That's the emotion that Faux promotes.

Thank goodnes my father is smarter than than and has lately taken to old back and white movies on Turner Classic. He's no longer an angry old fart all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies