Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 10:52 PM

21,517 posts, read 10,640,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' -- and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff' | Mail Online

Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' – and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff'

• Michelle Obama, her daughters and her mother Marian Robinson are staying in a sumptuous presidential suite at a Beijing Westin hotel
  • Mrs. Robinson has been 'barking at the staff since she arrived,' a hotel staffer said, adding that 'we can't wait for this to be over'
  • Secret Service agents are monopolizing elevators and booting high-paying guests from their rooms to occupy a block of space near the first lady
  • Both front and back doors of the hotel are blocked off, with Chinese and U.S. security agents screening everyone who enters
  • Ordinary Chinese describe Mrs. Obama and her family as kind and gracious, but hotel staff are 'fed up'
Read more: Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' -- and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Cant say im surprised
Of course the hotel workers are 'fed up'! I imagine having so much security and the stress to make everything perfect is difficult. Anytime the president or first lady go somewhere other than the White House, I imagine it's a serious inconvenience to a lot of people. Just think how awful it is when the president comes to town and the freeway gets shut down for hours.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:53 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,169,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You were "forbidden from sitting in the back of the bus"?
You are ranting and don't even have the rant correct.

So what is the correct rant then. I am from the south and we were told by the bus driver not to sit in the back and to sit in the front. Everyone in the south knew the back was for blacks only.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

So what is the correct rant then. I am from the south and we were told by the bus driver not to sit in the back and to sit in the front. Everyone in the south knew the back was for blacks only.
It happened, now you can sit in the front, get over it already. During the Civil Rights Movement, blacks fought to end racism in America and now many people, particularly blacks, are fighting to keep it alive.

Anger is an opponent of success.

racism-today-is-all-in-the-hustle/

Old 03-21-2014, 11:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,363,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I can only image what dealing with Mamma Osama is like.
I see you're still confused about the name of your POTUS. Maybe one day, you'll figure it out. Perhaps you should write it on your hand.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It happened, now you can sit in the front, get over it already. During the Civil Rights Movement, blacks fought to end racism in America and now many people, particularly blacks, are fighting to keep it alive.

Anger is an opponent of success.

racism-today-is-all-in-the-hustle/
Sorry, I was responding to kibby, not you

Old 03-21-2014, 11:29 PM

It is clear that Obama and family view themselves as royalty, but they're not. They are employees of "we the people," who are suffering because of his failed policies. What message does it send to all Americans who are struggling?

Many in America wanted to be proud of our first black president, but instead, they have been witness to a congenital liar, a woman who has been ashamed of America her entire life, failed policies, intimidation. Obama and Michelle live their life at our expense as an entitlement – while America's people go homeless, hungry and unemployed.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
It is clear that Obama and family view themselves as royalty, but they're not. They are employees of "we the people," who are suffering because of his failed policies. What message does it send to all Americans who are struggling?

Many in America wanted to be proud when the first black president, but instead, they have been witness to a congenital liar, a woman who has been ashamed of America her entire life, failed policies, intimidation. He and his wife view their life at our expense as an entitlement – while America's people go homeless, hungry and unemployed.

So, I guess there were no homeless, hungry and unemployed since Obama took office. What has any president done about them.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:36 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,946,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Tell the hotel workers it is called a job and they should do theirs without complaining.
So people should never complain when they've been wronged? Do as your told mundane, right?

Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

So, I guess there were no homeless, hungry and unemployed since Obama took office. What has any president done about them.
Ya, we thought Obama was different than other politicians. Obviously not. So much for "hope and change". Just another one of Obamas lies.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Ya, we thought Obama was different than other politicians. Obviously not.
Why would you think he was different? I didn't. Maybe that's your mistake so stop blaming it on the rest of us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies