Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 02:44 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
You forgot the part where your taxes will necessarily skyrocket.
Don't be silly, taxes have nothing to do with it. The money comes from the filthy rich (Buffet, Romney, Gates, the Walmart heirs, etc.) and is merely redistributed to those who are not rich. It is "wealth redistribution", not taxpayer funded welfare...
Don't ask me how it will work, I am no economics expert, I just want my share of the wealth.
Personally, I don't think it will work, but if "they" are silly enough to try it, I want on the gravy train!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 03:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
why should I be forced to give someone money if they are not willing to work for it?
Who's to say a worker wouldn't rather work for it but cannot (because of a lack of demand for jobs compared to a supply of workers,) injuries, illness, etc. Not all people just choose to sit and collect.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:52 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Who's to say a worker wouldn't rather work for it but cannot (because of a lack of demand for jobs compared to a supply of workers,) injuries, illness, etc. Not all people just choose to sit and collect.
But many would, given the opportunity. Lack of demand means that some may have to rethink what they will have to do to EARN A LIVING. Provide income just because they can't do what they might want to do, and they'll sit and watch Oprah all day waitin' for that check to appear in the mailbox. Hunger, OTOH, can be a powerful motivator.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:52 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That is not true.

Basic Income was not an idea that was kicked around, rather it was actually tested...in real life....three different times....at three different points in time, under 3 different president administrations, and failed massively each time.

Seems people would rather sit home and drink beer at tax-payer expense, than work.

The OP has continually suppressed that information to hide the Truth from you.

Although repeatedly challenged, the OP refuses to give you links so you can see Basic Income was implement, and failed.

And one can still do that.....immigrants are....I guess they're smarter than you.

Kicking...

Mircea
Shows how much you don't know about the subject. BI has been tested multiple times, not just 3. All have proven to be a success.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:47 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Shows how much you don't know about the subject. BI has been tested multiple times, not just 3. All have proven to be a success.

Once again, where are YOU, passing out your income to other people? You, not me, YOU. You want this, step up to the plate and show the world you mean business. Hand out your money to other people and give them a basic income.

I'm waiting Mr Hypocrite.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:29 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Once again, where are YOU, passing out your income to other people? You, not me, YOU. You want this, step up to the plate and show the world you mean business. Hand out your money to other people and give them a basic income.

I'm waiting Mr Hypocrite.
For you to understand an answer, you will need to educate yourself on national finance. I can't have a discussion with you if you don't understand monetary policy 101.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:05 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Typical. You are the general, lying hypocritical liberal, who wants everyone else to provide for them, while you do nothing.

Get a job. Get off your butt and quit being so lazy.
You are right....

I will just keep my money.....all of it.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:17 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

get rid of the criminal illegal aliens and the job market will open up. I am not talking about welfare for those that need it, I am talking about basic income for those that are not even willing to get off the couch and look for a job.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

And one can still do that.....immigrants are....I guess they're smarter than you.

Kicking...

Mircea
Ah Mircea, always with the personal attacks. Apparently when someone points out how wrong or mistaken you are you feel the need to attack them in any thread you see them post on. How special.

#1 I dont need to, I'm unlikely to be replaced in my lifetime. Its possible, but unlikely. You see...I help make the software that replaces people.

#2 when you start replacing people with automation at this level there really is no way for people to immigrate to anywhere that wont be using it. It will always be better and faster, the cost of feeding people will be higher. You know this deep down, you've talked about it even. Your response shows you just arent thinking about it. You're determined to make it a "people are bad because" thing.

Meanwhile back in reality...

Greywar

Old 07-06-2014, 07:33 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ah Mircea, always with the personal attacks. Apparently when someone points out how wrong or mistaken you are you feel the need to attack them in any thread you see them post on. How special.

#1 I dont need to, I'm unlikely to be replaced in my lifetime. Its possible, but unlikely. You see...I help make the software that replaces people.

#2 when you start replacing people with automation at this level there really is no way for people to immigrate to anywhere that wont be using it. It will always be better and faster, the cost of feeding people will be higher. You know this deep down, you've talked about it even. Your response shows you just arent thinking about it. You're determined to make it a "people are bad because" thing.

Meanwhile back in reality...

Greywar

glad I am in an industry that will never be replaced by automation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies