Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 06:57 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
1) You cant compare the 2. The crap that happened in Florida with Florida's polling problems were real and could have had changed the election results. This voting fraud bs would not have. It's just a bunch of sour grapes.

2) No one gives a damn about Sharpton. I take that back.. The only people that give a damn about Al Sharpton are Al Sharpton and Republicans of a particular race who believe this opportunist idiot is the spokes person for all Black people.
1) Please. The Ohio crap in 2004 when Bush won there by 100k votes or so was indeed sour grapes.

2) Nice racism dig there sparky. Al Sharpton spoke at the 2004 DNC and many other prominent functions. Wow....embarrassed to have a black man step out and speak his mind? That's some sick racism there.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 05:07 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Default Dems in Ohio honor woman convicted of voter fraud

This story needs no further comment:
---------------------
CINCINNATI - A long-time poll worker who admitted to illegal voting was sentenced to five years in prison Wednesday and received a rebuke from the judge, who cited her criminal past. Melowese Richardson, 58, pleaded no contest to four counts of illegal voting in 2009, 2011 and 2012. One count charged her with voting for her sister, who is in a coma. Four other counts were dropped in exchange for Richardson's plea. During a passionate sentencing speech, Hamilton County Judge Robert P. Ruehlman laid out a laundry list of past charges against Richardson - from witness harassment to theft to assault - as Richardson stood before him. "I'm Melowese Richardson. I take the law into my own hands. I do what I want," Ruehlman said. "It's about criminal activity. You are a criminal."

That was only eight months ago. For some reason, she has already been released. At an event that was all about voting law, Ohio Democrats invited a person guilty of multiple counts of voter fraud to speak – to "welcome her back" and applaud her. They invited her up to the stage, like some sort of hero.

Democrats seem to oppose any changes in the law that make it harder to cheat. Their embrace of Melowese Richardson shows where their intentions actually lie.

Woman Convicted of Voter Fraud Honored by Ohio Democrats

Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Both parties jeer embrace of fraudulent voter

In case anyone wants to read a non far right wing article. As a Democrat I think it was wrong of them to invite her to this rally.

Though I will ask this question, how would a photo ID prevented her from voting multiple times when she was a poll worker?

Old 04-08-2014, 08:21 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Both parties jeer embrace of fraudulent voter

In case anyone wants to read a non far right wing article. As a Democrat I think it was wrong of them to invite her to this rally.

Though I will ask this question, how would a photo ID prevented her from voting multiple times when she was a poll worker?
Voter records are quite simple to monitor. And a photo ID would have prevented her form voting as a dead person.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Voter records are quite simple to monitor. And a photo ID would have prevented her form voting as a dead person.
Not if she did it as a poll worker, what was she going to do, deny herself from voting more than once?

Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not if she did it as a poll worker, what was she going to do, deny herself from voting more than once?
If ID was required, another poll worker would be required to verify the ID prior to handing her a vote ticket. Its no different than stores having policies that you cant ring up your own sale.. If you get caught, even if you paid properly, you still get fired.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Moderator cut: deleted

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

--Abraham Lincoln

Hopefully, Melowese -- lol, yes, Melowese -- has a felony conviction on her record for the voting fraud. She sounds like a real class act, proclaiming "I do what I want".

I find it amazing that ANYONE would endorse this kind of behavior. When you break laws, you're a criminal. It's that simple. Melowese is a felon. Democrats, including the moron in the White House, apparently are okay with Weezy breaking the law. In a perfect world, this woman would be locked up in a cage where she belongs.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-08-2014 at 10:31 PM..

Old 04-08-2014, 09:27 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

--Abraham Lincoln

Hopefully, Melowese -- lol, yes, Melowese -- has a felony conviction on her record for the voting fraud. She sounds like a real class act, proclaiming "I do what I want".

I find it amazing that ANYONE would endorse this kind of behavior. When you break laws, you're a criminal. It's that simple. Melowese is a felon. Democrats, including the moron in the White House, apparently are okay with Weezy breaking the law. In a perfect world, this woman would be locked up in a cage where she belongs.
Why in the world are you willing to pay to keep this person is prison. Did she kill someone, is she a threat. We all pay for this you know.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Dems honoring her doesn't surprise me. It's what I've come to expect. Sickening. Revolting!

Old 04-08-2014, 09:31 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why in the world are you willing to pay to keep this person is prison. Did she kill someone, is she a threat. We all pay for this you know.
Because that's where she deserves to be. She's a criminal who committed a far more serious crime than most people who are in prison. Voter fraud is a felony, and she's been convicted.

Actions have consequences. You might not feel that way, but she needs to be punished. And if you don't think that we're paying for her freedom, you're mistaken. People that do things such as this need to be made an example of. It sends the wrong message when they're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies