Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,448,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
I can't comment on the Native americans or what they need. I know of the many atrocities that they had survived.

The Hawaiian on the other hand I can address. You Sir? claim the "Americans" did. Yes, they did in too many ways to the Hawaiian their land, culture and Kingdom.. no objective history needed here just the true accounts of history. not the objective American side.. as you speak, but the truth about how the US's imperialist ways.
I have no monopoly on education..... I offer you the truth... "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"

My efforts are fine here... lol I get the monopoly on educating the uneducated... you.

Frankly, your writing style, your appeal to fantasies and pipe dreams and your bizarre historical outlook suggests you are either very young, or that you are not truly educated and are very gullible.

So no, you don't have any business attempting to educate anyone. Probably can't even be trusted to educate yourself at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena
would have liked to left both places years ago... thats a.... ahhh?? I got it objective historians point of view. Now tell me. what difference did you make there... I mean you did leave a good impression? I know you left allot of dead people. most important, you left the petrodollar.

The difference made there, if any, is for the Iraqis to decide and tell us.

Again, however, you fail to show how we annexed Iraq, or have any designs on controlling their government.

Quote:
When you talk... "internal sectarian violence and power struggles, both places would be far freer and prosperous places today" isn't that the same as.... "nothing different than what any other cultures (including their own) have done to other cultures since the beginning of time. Any student of OBJECTIVE history would know this."
No, it's not the same thing. Do you need large print format directions to figure out the difference?

Quote:
Native cultures have.... well with the Help of the (as you say other native culture) US's oppression much of the Native Hawaiian culture had been lost, Oleleo is making a come back as well as the truth to the overthrow and the education we as Hawaiians need to get our Aina back.

Cool story bro. You keep on partying like it's 1890 all day, every day. The rest of us will watch from up here in 2014.

Quote:
Putin is doing no different that what the US did to Hawaii. well.... I take that back they didn't imprison the Queen.... they didn't apologize for the illegal overthrow

The fact that you can't see the difference between what "was once acceptable" and what is "now acceptable" is a fundamental flaw that will forever plague your ability to make a decent point.

Let us repeat, again: THINGS THAT WERE ONCE OK ARE NO LONGER OK.

This is an elementary concept. I struggle to understand your difficulty with it.

[quote=No one does it anymore... so?? what happen in Libya? Iraq? Afghanistan? you stopped short of syria... why?[/Quote]

Wait. Um, we annexed Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan? News to me. Did you read that on your Hawaiian independence blog?

Quote:
When is Putin going to be in charge? I do think he has good points.
Of course you do. You worship strong leaders, which is why you have affinity for deposed monarchs. For someone who values freedom you have a bizarre taste in role models.

Quote:
was annexed.. illegally... I am free... lol NDAA and the Patriot Act says other wise.
Name one tangible way in which NDAA and Patriot Act has prevented you from doing something you want to do.

If you weren't free, you'd already be in jail for your separatist activities.

Quote:
A culture that supports open opposition and criticism... if your talking about the US. You need help.. hint... "SNOWDEN" the US wanted to shut his ass up soo fast. he did the smart thing.. Putin you say... Ahhhh!!
LOL. Your penchant for false equivalency is remarkable for its consistency.

Quote:
Aloha Ka kou

LOL, like I said earlier dude: Enjoy your social club. Tell the Swiss I said, "What's up."

Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,514,638 times
Quote:
lol objective history.... 1441..... its an excuse. not a reason

kammon mon... ya aint got something better
1441 was neither an excuse or a reason. It was authorization.

But I don't mean to get in between you and your little pie-in-the-sky dream of the Swiss legitimizing your self-serving, specious claim. If that doesn't work out, perhaps a battalion of wood elves riding unicorns led by the captain of Gondor will launch an offensive on Pearl Harbor to free your people.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:11 PM

579 posts, read 763,871 times
American mentality

"But that was then and this is now"

Old 04-04-2014, 01:27 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,514,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
American mentality

Are you advocating we return to a 1900's since of morality? "It was okay for Stalin to send dissidents off to the gulag, so why not Putin?" sort of thing?

Old 04-04-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Are you advocating we return to a 1900's since of morality? "It was okay for Stalin to send dissidents off to the gulag, so why not Putin?" sort of thing?
No reason to go back to the 1900's, USA has invaded & occupied 2 foreign nations in the past 10 years.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:54 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,637,647 times
Quote:
japan.... taken hawaii 100 years ago.... you need to do more research.

Hawaii could have called on the us to defend us... they do it all the time. for that matter called the UN.... Nato....

japan..... hmmmm

Ask a typical American how the United States got into World War II, and he will almost certainly tell you that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and the Americans fought back. Ask him why the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, and he will probably need some time to gather his thoughts. He might say that the Japanese were aggressive militarists who wanted to take over the world, or at least the Asia-Pacific part of it. Ask him what the United States did to provoke the Japanese, and he will probably say that the Americans did nothing: we were just minding our own business when the crazy Japanese, completely without justification, mounted a sneak attack on us, catching us totally by surprise in Hawaii on December 7, 1941.

You can’t blame him much. For more than 60 years such beliefs have constituted the generally accepted view among Americans, the one taught in schools and depicted in movies—what “every schoolboy knows.” Unfortunately, this orthodox view is a tissue of misconceptions. Don’t bother to ask the typical American what U.S. economic warfare had to do with provoking the Japanese to mount their attack, because he won’t know. Indeed, he will have no idea what you are talking about.

In the late nineteenth century, Japan’s economy began to grow and to industrialize rapidly. Because Japan has few natural resources, many of the burgeoning industries had to rely on imported raw materials, such as coal, iron ore or steel scrap, tin, copper, bauxite, rubber, and petroleum. Without access to such imports, many of which came from the United States or from European colonies in southeast Asia, Japan’s industrial economy would have ground to a halt. By engaging in international trade, however, the Japanese had built a moderately advanced industrial economy by 1941.

At the same time, they also built a military-industrial complex to support an increasingly powerful army and navy. These armed forces allowed Japan to project its power into various places in the Pacific and east Asia, including Korea and northern China, much as the United States used its growing industrial might to equip armed forces that projected U.S. power into the Caribbean and Latin America, and even as far away as the Philippine Islands.

When Franklin D. Roosevelt became president in 1933, the U.S. government fell under the control of a man who disliked the Japanese and harbored a romantic affection for the Chinese because, some writers have speculated, Roosevelt’s ancestors had made money in the China trade.[1] Roosevelt also disliked the Germans (and of course Adolf Hitler), and he tended to favor the British in his personal relations and in world affairs. He did not pay much attention to foreign policy, however, until his New Deal began to peter out in 1937. Afterward, he relied heavily on foreign policy to fulfill his political ambitions, including his desire for reelection to an unprecedented third term.

How U.S. Economic Warfare Provoked Japan’s Attack on Pearl Harbor: Newsroom: The Independent Institute
Japan was not just so nicely projecting power in those areas, they had invaded China and Korea, taking over those areas and killing locals in mass numbers while burning villages and raping women. The US was sneaky in basically provoking Japan as mentioned, but let's not paint Japan as this harmless place that was just modernizing and becoming a power- they were pulling in Asia what Germany was pulling in Europe.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
American mentality

You people are amazingly obtuse.

We.Do.Not.Condone.Annexation.By.Force.In.The.21st. Century.

Civilization has fought long and hard to make certain behavior acceptable vs. non-acceptable.

Speaking of strange and inconsistent logic - by yours and Kawena's - no country in Europe would essentially ever be able to criticize militarism of another country. Or condone another country for slavery, or work to end oppression of women.

Cause the idiots in the cheap seats will start crying out (if they were sticking to their own warped sense of morality): "How dare you, England, tell us we can't colonize another country and enslave its people. YOU did it a couple hundred years ago!" How dare you, France, tell us we can't build an Empire! Napoleon did it!" "How dare you, Germany, condemn us for invading our neighbor and committing genocide, you did it!"

The point of HISTORY is that it is in the past. We don't (well, most people who aren't stuck on stupid) judge the actions of TODAY based on what was acceptable in the PAST.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Japan was not just so nicely projecting power in those areas, they had invaded China and Korea, taking over those areas and killing locals in mass numbers while burning villages and raping women. The US was sneaky in basically provoking Japan as mentioned, but let's not paint Japan as this harmless place that was just modernizing and becoming a power- they were pulling in Asia what Germany was pulling in Europe.

Apologists for Japan and Germany will always find a way to suggest that they weren't the true aggressors in WW2.

America "provoked" both. America is also simultaneously criticized for not entering into war against Japan and Germany fast enough.

America is always wrong. Hawaii would have been safe as can be. It's not like the Japanese ever raped, pillaged, plundered and slaughtered millions across the Pacific rim. (1 out of every 20 Filipino people died during Japanese occupation of the island. 10 million Chinese killed. Human experimentation and torture).

But oh yeah, sure. They would've been dazzled by the Hawaiian spirit of Aloha and left well enough alone.

The "UN" and "NATO" (which neither even existed yet, lol) would've come to Hawaii's aid to save them! Maybe the Swiss!

The naiveté is astounding, but not surprising.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:17 PM

TriMT,

How do you feel about the USA turning Iraq into a satellite state?

Old 04-04-2014, 02:18 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,557,918 times
Quote:
TriMT,

How do you feel about the USA turning Iraq into a satellite state?
Heh. More like a satellite nation of Iran in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies