Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 03:46 PM

11,813 posts, read 5,807,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
How many people do you know who make welfare a way of life?

I can tell you of 3 families who have done so - and not only the original recipients but all the kids they have had. If you look at statistics - Families where at least one person is working have 1.6 children compared to those on gov't assistance who have 3.7 children. Now only 50% of those on assistance have children who also go on assistance - but that means for every mother on assistance 2 of her children go on assistance. And lord knows how many mommas just one daddy procreated with.

And yes - since my tax dollars pay for all these programs - I have every right to be concerned on how that money is spent. I'm eating ground beef - why they're eating filets - some thing is not right.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:55 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
It certainly is shocking that Medicaid is paying for so many births. Do we all believe that it's because poor women are just lazy sluts leeching off poor Petch?

Or is it because they don't have ready access to birth control and these are largely unintended pregnancies?
Seriously? County Health Departments, etc., provide sliding scale fee easy access to birth control. No/low income = no/low cost contraception.

Just a few examples:

Family Planning - Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
Women's health Clinic - Health Department - Knox County Tennessee Government
Family Planning

Google has nearly 68 million results for "county health departments birth control."

Old 04-05-2014, 03:56 PM

11,813 posts, read 5,807,707 times
Quote:
Told ya, Rosie.

Not all the little turtles, etc. etc.

They're sociopaths and people with bad luck should just die, already. It's not their problem. Knowing that there are real people like this in the world is pretty sickening, isn't it?
Have you gone blind or are unable to read the words that we have NO PROBLEM HELPING THOSE WHO ACTUALLY NEED HELP! Yes I'm yelling because you obviously can't read or see only what you want to see.

If you have so much extra to help those who abuse the system - please take up a collection so they can continue doing so and let the rest of us help those who truly need it.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
you are on to the system scam but the entitlement mind set did not come up over night and will not go away over night.
it takes lots of hard times to kill it.
please note its not limited to welfare recipients the 1 in 3 parents that has a 30 year old living at home sitting on his bottom while maria and pepe do the laundry and yard work. that home that parent is part of the problem too.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:01 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Seriously? County Health Departments, etc., provide sliding scale fee easy access to birth control. No/low income = no/low cost contraception.

Just a few examples:

Family Planning - Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
Women's health Clinic - Health Department - Knox County Tennessee Government
Family Planning

Google has nearly 68 million results for "county health departments birth control."
Then why so many unintended pregnancies? Perhaps sluts are just stupid. That must be it.

Plus, I'm sure you support continued funding for such programs.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:03 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
Quote:
Then why so many unintended pregnancies?
Two words..... Ignorance and laziness.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Then why so many unintended pregnancies?
So many? According to your source, only 20% are unintended. Meanwhile, nearly half of all U.S. births are paid for by Medicaid. You do the math.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Have you gone blind or are unable to read the words that we have NO PROBLEM HELPING THOSE WHO ACTUALLY NEED HELP! Yes I'm yelling because you obviously can't read or see only what you want to see.

If you have so much extra to help those who abuse the system - please take up a collection so they can continue doing so and let the rest of us help those who truly need it.
Apparently you didn't read the post I responded to. Someone who stated that he does NOT support programs for people who honestly need it.

Go yell at somebody else, pal.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So many? According to your source, only 20% are unintended. Meanwhile, nearly half of all U.S. births are paid for by Medicaid. You do the math.
More like 40% among the poor. But don't let facts hinder your pathological hatred of poor women.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you support continued funding for such programs.
I already do via real estate tax. The county takes a cut. The county health department provides sliding scale fee access to birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.