Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 12:39 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,837,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Stop creating an atmosphere of incentives to not move ahead would be a nice start.
Exactly! Had to rep you but it says I have to spread the love around.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:40 AM

746 posts, read 870,157 times
There should be free school (public school is already free, cause of tax dollars), emergency room care should be free IF the person can't afford it, cause its a life or death situation AND there's not even time to check when someone's life is in danger. I have to agree with the government paying for transit cause that's important, everybody shouldn't or can't own or drive a car. Driving is a skill so just cause someone doesn't drive doesn't mean their lazy. They could have serious anxiety and panic problems (I do if I drive). But I don't people should just get free welfare if they don't even try to make their own money. Some people really need welfare, some don't but get it anyway cause the government gives them it anyway. Operating a car is a skill, so you can't say someone is lazy for not driving is unless you know they can drive and they say oh I just don't want to drive ugh, if they get nervous and sweaty and out of breath driving and can't do it they should have access to transportation. Equality for all!

Old 04-06-2014, 12:43 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,957,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Exactly! Had to rep you but it says I have to spread the love around.
Yeah, I had the same problem... we are just going to have to start lovin on other folks more I guess. Make ya feel like a hippie.. lol

Old 04-06-2014, 12:47 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,837,329 times
Quote:
Yeah, I had the same problem... we are just going to have to start lovin on other folks more I guess. Make ya feel like a hippie.. lol
lol, yep your right.

I keep trying to get away from this computer... multi-tasking. So this time I'm leaving for sure I think

Old 04-06-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:
lol, yep your right.

I keep trying to get away from this computer... multi-tasking. So this time I'm leaving for sure I think
Have a good night.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:49 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,552,809 times
Quote:
I wasn't paying attention when colen Powel was talking so I can't say but will do some reading on his view. As for Ted Cruz yes I like him.
No, petch. That was Joe Scarborough talking. What he's saying is that the Republican Party has alienated many people that once voted Republican, including Colin Powell himself. The current Republican Party has alienated me almost completely. I supported McCain in 2000, and initially in 2008. If it weren't for Sarah Palin, I would have voted for him. Bush would have been fine with me if he stayed out of Iraq, but I think his strings were being pulled by the neo-cons, anyway. "Compassionate conservatism" was a good plan, and Bush showed that with his Medicare D program. It was Iraq that killed it for me. I was open to Romney until his infamous 47% comment. Harry Reid was losing to "any of the above" by ten points here in Nevada before the Republican nominating process. We wanted him out. We just didn't want him out so bad that we'd send Sharron Angle to Washington. In meeting with a group of Hispanics, she said, "You people look Asian to me." Way to go, Sharron. It's not like you need the Hispanic vote or anything. She then suggested that we go to Washington and exercise our 2nd Amendment rights. Yeah, Sharron; lose an election? No problem. Assassinate your political opponents. Republicans have been victims of their own mouths. They need to stop acting like babies, as well. "I hope he fails" is not going to endear me to their party. Saying you will secede from the union because you lost an election is no different than a little boy who loses, then takes his ball and goes home.

Obama is just a cookie-cutter president to me. Nothing great, but nothing bad, either. No new wars. The economy has been steadily improving, so he is the better of two evils, IMO.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Stop creating an atmosphere of incentives to not move ahead would be a nice start.
That won't solve anything. If there are no jobs, or if the jobs don't pay a living wage, removing the safety net will only send people into the streets.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
That won't solve anything. If there are no jobs, or if the jobs don't pay a living wage, removing the safety net will only send people into the streets.
There ARE jobs. You just have to go to them instead of waiting for them to come to you.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:13 AM

Quote:
There ARE jobs. You just have to go to them instead of waiting for them to come to you.
I hear North Dakota is booming. You make a good point. Everyone isn't like you and me, though. So how do we get people to pick up roots and move like we did? I didn't need an incentive, but some people may. Our current culture was not created overnight, and it won't change overnight, either. The 2007 recession was a shock to society, and societies need time to adjust. Trickle-down doesn't work today, and safety nets are a temporary fix. Pissing and moaning about either gets us nowhere. I remain an optimist, however, and I trust we will solve our problems.

Ironically, we could take a lesson from the waves of illegals who entered our nation.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:16 AM

Hunger was a pretty good incentive for me to move....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies