Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

The Obama administration is so intent on making sure that neighborhoods are racially integrated that it is using the lack of "minorities" in a given community as an excuse to not disperse federal funds that would otherwise go into city, county, and state coffers.

Quote:
And the Obama administration’s HUD initiated solution to this supposed discrimination and unfair ladder rung climbing…drum roll please…old-fashioned block-busting (or ‘Social Engineering’ as their proponents like to call it) of white neighborhoods on a grand scale…meaning that wherever white people live, NO matter the income level, there has to be the right racial mix...
Quote:
Using Westchester county, the fourth most racially diverse county in New York state according to the 2010 census and also one of the wealthiest, as the test case, HUD used majority white neighborhoods as evidence that the county somehow discriminated against blacks, thus allowing the Obama administration to sue the county for allegedly violating the terms of their HUD grants…overlooking the fact that anyone could live there who could afford to buy there with racial discrimination playing NO part in the demographics
The Patriot Factor

Now Harrier is against federal funding of local governments anyway, but this is clearly blackmail, and it is also out of the local governments hands.

People choose to live where they live.

Institutional segregation no longer exists.

So, why is there a penalty just because some arbitrary quotas minimums aren't present in an area where anyone is free to live?

It seems that the administration has a problem with liberty and wants to try very hard to fix a non-existent problem.

Oh well, that is the liberal way!

Old 03-26-2014, 06:42 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Han an agenda, and sticking to it, those who voted for this clown, are the biggest clowns around. He has not helped Americans at all.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:03 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
People should be able to live where ever they want. This is a free country last time I checked.

I don't know what's going on in New York but there is still a lot of discrimination going on in older established cities.

Just because a person is poor doesn't mean they don't make good neighbors, shouldn't have access to quality schools, grocery stores and services.

If the President is serious about making things better for everyone he will have to make decisions like this to give people the exposure to improve their lives.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
People should be able to live where ever they want. This is a free country last time I checked.

I don't know what's going on in New York but there is still a lot of discrimination going on in older established cities.

Just because a person is poor doesn't mean they don't make good neighbors, shouldn't have access to quality schools, grocery stores and services.

If the President is serious about making things better for everyone he will have to make decisions like this to give people the exposure to improve their lives.
Uh, anyone who wishes to live anywhere they wish is free to do so.

How exactly do you see the this policy doing anything useful?

Old 03-27-2014, 05:59 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
John Edwards ran on this idea and at the time I thought it would go no where. His idea no matter what the cost to HUD the gvt would move minorities from the ghetto to better neighborhoods. If we get a {R} president maybe they could fix this with a EO, you know what goes around comes around.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:17 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
I demand to be able to park a trailer on Orca Winfrey's island in Hawaii.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
It must be another slow news day for the right wing. The article was from last year and it didnt cite any sources for their information other than comments made at the NAACP convention.
This thread loses its steam when people realize these key points.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

I don't disagree with the premise of your argument, but let me correct the first sentence so it reads more accurately.

People should be able to live where ever they want, as long as they can afford it. (I want to live on a private island surrounded by a bevy of supermodels in bikinis who think I am the greatest thing since hot apple pie and ice cream, but just because I want it, doesn't mean I can do it). This also means if they wish to segregate themselves as people tend to do, they should be allowed to as long as they are not refusing to allow OTHER people of OTHER religions, race/background/political persuasion/sex/ sexual orientation/ nationality/or whatever the hell else makes each of us different from one another.

As for the rest of your statement, I have seen beautiful schools turned to trash, because forcing OTHER people to go there when they don't want to means they don't care about the school. I have never seen someone turned away from a grocery store, and if you can pay for services, there is ALWAYS someone willing to provide them.

Lastly, it's not the President's job to make things better for everyone. It's his job to lead the country, protect the borders and see that congress enforces the constitution. He's a representative from us to foreign nations, he's not to make decisions the give people exposure to improve their lives. THAT's the job of each locality/city/state.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
It must be another slow news day for the right wing. The article was from last year and it didnt cite any sources for their information other than comments made at the NAACP convention.
The HUD blackmail is currently taking place.

Did you really summarily dismiss any comments made at an NAACP convention?

Old 03-27-2014, 10:07 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The HUD blackmail is currently taking place.

Did you really summarily dismiss any comments made at an NAACP convention?
Do you have proof of that besides some random comments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies