Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times

Advertisements

Good for Dick, This is an example of why I like Dick Cheney, and think we need more like him! Cheney bashes top Democrats - Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei and John F. Harris - Politico.com

MOD ADD - To benefit our posters, I am inserting a section of the article so readers can see the specifics of the issue:

Most striking were his virtually taunting remarks of two men he described as friends from his own days in the House: Democratic Reps. John Dingell (Mich.) and John P. Murtha (Pa.).

In a 40-minute interview with Politico, he scoffed at the idea of two men who spent years accruing power showing so much deference to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) in the big spending and energy debates of the year.

Murtha “and the other senior leaders … march to the tune of Nancy Pelosi to an extent I had not seen, frankly, with any previous speaker,” Cheney said. “I’m trying to think how to say all of this in a gentlemanly fashion, but [in] the Congress I served in, that wouldn’t have happened.”

But his implication was clear: When asked if these men had lost their spines, he responded, “They are not carrying the big sticks I would have expected.”

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-06-2007 at 07:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 07:47 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Cheney is certainly a man that should be listened to and respected, with all the credibility he has built up over the years. LOL.

Spineless? How about skipping Vietnam because he had other "personal priorities". Multiple times. Really loves our country, ready to make some sacrifices for Freedom.

Talks real tough though.

I thought they had him muzzled and locked him up in the White House cellar for the rest of his term...did somebody let him sneak out??

Old 12-06-2007, 08:03 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Poor Dick. Rove is gone, DeLay is gone, Frist is gone, Libby is gone, Gonzalez and Rumsfeld are gone, and nobody pays any attention to Georgie-Boy. The Veep has got no strings left to pull. Guess he'll just have to sit there for thirteen more months and play Sudoku...

Old 12-06-2007, 08:09 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Cheney is certainly a man that should be listened to and respected, with all the credibility he has built up over the years. LOL.

Spineless? How about skipping Vietnam because he had other "personal priorities". Multiple times. Really loves our country, ready to make some sacrifices for Freedom.

Talks real tough though.

Gee, maybe his 'Big Stick' was at the cleaners during the Vietnam era, certainly couldn't expect him to 'be a man' without it.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Big sticks, Cheney... um.......

Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
He's right about those Demo steers, though.

They've got a 30-seat majority and a wild-eyed woman as speaker, and about all they've accomplished is second helpings in the cafeteria.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
He's right about those Demo steers, though.

They've got a 30-seat majority and a wild-eyed woman as speaker, and about all they've accomplished is second helpings in the cafeteria.

In my book a greater accomplishment than shooting a hunting companion

Old 12-06-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
In my book a greater accomplishment than shooting a hunting companion
At least he has friends. All Nancy has is Cindy Sheehan running against her for Congress.

Now what ought to happen is that Nancy ought to take Cindy hunting....

E-Mail Heart to Heart: An Interview With Cindy Sheehan (December 6, 2007) (http://eatthestate.org/12-07/EMailHeartto.htm - broken link)

Old 12-06-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
At least he has friends. All Nancy has is Cindy Sheehan running against her for Congress.

Now what ought to happen is that Nancy ought to take Cindy hunting....

E-Mail Heart to Heart: An Interview With Cindy Sheehan (December 6, 2007) (http://eatthestate.org/12-07/EMailHeartto.htm - broken link)

Yeah, I saw what a 'friend' Cheney is when all the Scooter Fibby deal was going down. Even though he claimed to be such a good friend he also claimed to have had no contact for quite a period. With friends like that you'd still need to find some who are your friends when you need them.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah, I saw what a 'friend' Cheney is when all the Scooter Fibby deal was going down. Even though he claimed to be such a good friend he also claimed to have had no contact for quite a period. With friends like that you'd still need to find some who are your friends when you need them.
Kind of like Hillary and Vince Foster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies